• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daschysta

Mar 24, 2019
Well quite literally, all bets are not off. People are betting and Sanders is a distant third. Just as he is in basically all polling.

But believe what you will.

Bernie is very much in contention for all early voting states. A non Biden candidate taking 2 or 3 blows the race wide open. Especially given the high proportion of undecided primary voters.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Please interview one of these assholes who are voting Trump after voting Democrat in 2018. I NEED to know the rationale here.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Battleground state polls are more important than the national margin.

I'm worried about Warren running it up in the blue states and then getting beat in the Midwest.

Can't rely on Florida (lol) or Arizona/Georgia/North Carolina to carry us over the finish line.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well quite literally, all bets are not off. People are betting and Sanders is a distant third. Just as he is in basically all polling.

But believe what you will.
Warren wasn't up to much at the beginning of the race, and she has gotten a large boost of liberal media coverage over the last few months, which no doubt accounts for a lot of her increase in polling. Certainly over here in the UK it is rather funny how they push her versus say Sanders, but not surprising coming from them I suppose. She has increased her numbers in the polls...But that can easily flip again...If you think minute by minute polling alone tells the whole story, then I think you are being a little naive. she has a competitive advantage at the moment, but is far from unassailable.

Bernie has a more solid portfolio of actual progressive policy positions he has put out there. I mean outside the US, most progressives I have talked to hear can easily see differences between Warren and Sanders, but over in the US there has been this weird messaging that the two are interchangeable on policy positions. Sure on some, but not on other significant elements. I mean she would be my second choice, but I think there is a need for someone more combative, to push the boundaries further, since the US has skewed so badly in the last few years - and far longer in foreign policy terms.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why no college white folk want to vote for a party that is meant to fuck then. It's hilariously bad.

deep seated racism and misogyny runs real deep my dude, along with a nonstop propaganda machine that works wonders on selfish fools.

it's amazes me the poorer folks I know will vote for Republicans who've demostratingly trying to either take away or make it harder to get benefits and such.

they'll then blame the government and politicans, but the wrong ones. it's a disease.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't give a shit about this stuff so far out. Wait until someone is picked and then take these a little bit more serious.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Ive been saying it forever, you nominate someone who can win those states. All 3 of them would destroy Trump in the popular vote, but in the end that doesn't mean anything. You have to win first, and then you take a look at dismantling the electoral college.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
ITT: Posters are stunned to learn that America still has plenty of misogyny

It's all about that Era bubble.....

This place doesn't represent reality in the slightest and the sooner people realize that the better. Voters in California, NY and any other deep blue state do not matter. You have to cater to the people in the states mentioned in the poll if you want to win. It's a hard pill to swallow but that's the cold reality.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Ive been saying it forever, you nominate someone who can win those states. All 3 of them would destroy Trump in the popular vote, but in the end that doesn't mean anything. You have to win first, and then you take a look at dismantling the electoral college.

Biden sure as shit ain't destroying the electoral college.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, in the end, whoever gets the Democratic nomination, you guys will vote for the Democrats right?

Not voting because your favorite candidate didn't get nominated is as bad as voting for Trump.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Official nominations don't happen until next summer at the Conventions. Unless there's a close contest... we should have an idea by early spring.
Not even thing, we should know March 4. Cali and Colorado being on super Tuesday pretty much kills all that "wait until Cali" nonsense of past

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, in the end, whoever gets the Democratic nomination, you guys will vote for the Democrats right?

Not voting because your favorite candidate didn't get nominated is as bad as voting for Trump.
I think people realize what is at stake now and you will see that less of that nonsense. And 2018 was a good sign for turn out

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
Please interview one of these assholes who are voting Trump after voting Democrat in 2018. I NEED to know the rationale here.

Low information voters

I mostly just want Trump to lose, so if Biden is what it takes to make that happen I will vote for him in the primary

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I think people realize what is at stake now and you will see that less of that nonsense. And 2018 was a good sign for turn out
I would hope that people know what's at stake now. It's less about your personal feelings towards your candidate of choice, and more about getting rid of the larger evil.
I mostly just want Trump to lose, so if Biden is what it takes to make that happen I will vote for him in the primary
That's the spirit.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
The PR overtime being done for Biden is hilariously sad. News outlets tripping over themselves to present the narrative that only Biden can defeat Trump. This is Hillary all over again. I'm not going to act like I know which of them can beat Trump, but I know that Biden does not have this in the bag.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, I'll vote for Biden.

Warren or Harris as VP can just roll him into the White House 'Weekend at Bernies' style. And if that's the only way to get stupid misogynistic idiots to vote a Dem in and rid us of Trump in battleground states, then so be it. This country still has a long way to go on deep rooted sexism. It's a fucking embarrassment how much it was hand waved away in 2016.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Not surprising at all.

Historically difficult to unseat a sitting president, especially with a good economy.

Dems haven't settled on candidates yet, and right now, only the diehard primary voters are engaged.

Polling will become more clear next year, but 2020 still won't be easy for Dems.

It's all about that Era bubble.....

This place doesn't represent reality in the slightest and the sooner people realize that the better. Voters in California, NY and any other deep blue state do not matter. You have to cater to the people in the states mentioned in the poll if you want to win. It's a hard pill to swallow but that's the cold reality.

True for the most part about the Era-bubble, but voters in Blue States are still important. There are crucial state & local elections to win.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
The PR overtime being done for Biden is hilariously sad. News outlets tripping over themselves to present the narrative that only Biden can defeat Trump. This is Hillary all over again. I'm not going to act like I know which of them can beat Trump, but I know that Biden does not have this in the bag.
This is a poll, not a "narrative." Do you think the Times is cooking the numbers, or what?

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
But then why did they vote Dem in 2018?
"To keep the president in check"
Can't trust suburban voters, they are just as bigoted if not more so than rural voters. I wish that there was a way to get rid of the electoral college, it only helps give the worst people in the country the most power.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I will continue to support Bernie in the Primaries, but if Biden were to win the nomination, then I would support him easily. I will do everything it takes to keep Trump out of office. Also, with what happened in 2016 regarding polls, I'm reluctant to believe any of them until people are actually voting.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Warren has no draw outside of College towns,

everything about "college elites" complaints, she can't shake that off

Bernie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warren
Biden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warren

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Everyone here needs to realize Trump has nonzero chance of being re-elected. Lot of folks think he's donezo because of a million scandals and impeachment. Doesn't work like that, and in the end it will still be the economy.
I don't think this election will be centered around the economy, and if it is, one of the factors leading to Trump was things like coal workers being out of jobs and stuff, hasn't that not gotten better?

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Still too far out to take this poll seriously...
When it comes to those specific states people better take this seriously. Especially that Pennsylvania one. As someone that lives here there is a lot of red here and trump has made a lot of people feel comfortable in ways that will terrify you.

I'm not saying take these numbers as the gospel truth but they shouldn't be ignored. They should be apart of the planning and attack strategy. I think people need to be very mindful that we're not just running up the numbers in blue states.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Time to panic everyone.

what did warren do to Michigan?

It's complicated, but it boils down to an image thing she can address in the longrun. I wouldnt put too much stock in this. Most Michiganders I talk to about politics still dont really know of her too well.

People here dont really trust politicians too much, but conversely will give a ton of points to personality.
Normally I chalk a lot of dislike of her to her being a woman in politics, but Michigan never seems to have any problem electing women for governor, mayors, and both state and federal congresses.

The White working class continue to be their own worst enemy.

They were willing the die by the thousands for the right to own slaves that they could never afford, let alone an economic system that kept them poor and limited their mobility.

They'll be just fine to merely vote against their interests.

This country deserves to be nuked if Trump can beat Warren

I feel this way too often these days.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, non-college educated white Americans continuing to fuck everyone else, themselves included, over. Who could have possibly foreseen this? Anyway, it's early and the Dem votes are split between multiple candidates so I'm not too worried at this point

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this election will be centered around the economy, and if it is, one of the factors leading to Trump was things like coal workers being out of jobs and stuff, hasn't that not gotten better?

All those coal workers who lost their jobs will 100% vote Trump. They don't give a fuck.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I think Bernie and Warren can beat Trump, and even Biden could slip in with a victory, but it will be close for him, considering all of his baggage going against him. Regardless, still voting Bernie in the primary, and any Democrat in the GE.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Women Cands Not "Likable"" has more checks than any of the other columns in the list shown. Still a long way to go :-(

You'd think after decades of men fucking America up they'd be open to a woman giving it a shot, but nope. Men are still the same now as they were when women weren't allowed to vote. If Clinton had been a man she'd have won by a landslide.

Status
Not open for further replies.