• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's really considering all options to not leave.

I said it before, COVID should have ended him. Dude is an incompetent dictator.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
It's crazy to me that these sorts of meetings and suggestions are able to take place. Ideally this sort of stuff would get shut down immediately for how wild it is, and the President would automatically be up for impeachment.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Even Flynn was involved in these meetings? Christ. It's infuriating how comically blatant all this is and apparently nothing can be done about it. Pisses me off even further that for some reason being incompetent failures with basement level IQs is an out for not being accused of openly undermining our entire Democracy. How has no one been removed from office and thrown in jail for this shit? Fucking shithole ass joke of a country. Presidency is for sale and dictatorships are cool as long as there is an R next to the name. Fucking fascist cunts.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
As long as he is flailing around with bullshit like this, we are just running the clock out. It's unnerving but what can ya do.

cephus

Oct 28, 2017
Is it just me or does it seem like the fact that the president just casually suggested using the military to stage a coup and force new elections is kind of being glossed over? Trump's orange ass needs to be dragged out of the White House now for sedition.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy to me that these sorts of meetings and suggestions are able to take place. Ideally this sort of stuff would get shut down immediately for how wild it is, and the President would automatically be up for impeachment.

GOP realizes the same thing we all know from data: they don't have an actual voter base anymore. Support for them cuts in half for people who also support Trump. They have to stay in that lane, which means to normalize every ill thing he does.

The Republican Party is just as vile as Trump is, because they have enabled this. Gone are the days of asserting international incidents for fist bumps and fucking tan suits.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Subsidizing half of the court cases, and only theoretically; it's reported most of those donations are getting funneled straight into Trump's debts, not the court costs. So I wouldn't be surprised if we're paying for that side of it, too.

It's less about the bread and circuses part, I get that. It's "Why aren't these lawyers getting sanctioned or even disbarred at this point for their blatant disregard and abuse of the system?" We're 60+ lawsuits in post-election, many of them with the same names attached over and over, and they've only gotten more crackpot. They aren't even taking the time to do them right; they're spitting them out with typos and obvious mistakes, then lying about the sources of those mistakes. They were admonished for as much when they recently tried to get a refund for a faulty filing. What stops them from continuing this? Do we have to sue them?
If it comes to it, we should sue them.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can you explain how that would work?

The military rolls up to some undisclosed location with guns, tanks and APCs and then ... ?
And then force each state to hold a new election of course! Hire new staff, set up polling locations, the works! All with absolutely no legal justification and no plan!

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Every day, the scenario where he has to be dragged out of the oval office by the secret service becomes more and more likely.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
After legal threat, Fox airs news package debunking election fraud claims made by its own hosts

New York (CNN)If President Trump tunes into Fox News this weekend, he may see something unexpected: a point-by-point fact-check to wild election fraud claims made by some of his favorite hosts on the network.
After voting technology company Smartmatic sent Fox News a blistering legal threat that accused the network of participating in a "disinformation campaign" against it, the network has started airing a remarkable news package debunking claims its hosts and guests have propagated.
The package aired for the first time Friday night on Lou Dobbs' show. Fox News said the same package would air Saturday night on Jeanine Pirro's program as well as Sunday morning on Maria Bartiromo's show. All three hosts, who use their platforms to air pro-Trump propaganda, are close with the President.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/19/business/fox-smartmatic-news-package/index.html

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Whoo boy that's a lot of crazy to unravel.

Pardoned foreign agent, disgraced melting former mayor of NY, and "Hugo Chavez stole the presidency in 2020" lawyer are feeding the president's brain worms about the election. Really looking forward to the right wing editorials defending Trump hand-selecting his own elite strike force lawyer (but only if she wins) to lead an impartial inquiry into the executive branch.

How is this not titled "TRUMP CONSIDERING IDEA OF MILITARY COUP"

wtf nytimes

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
The fact that Flynn was there peddling some martial law shit is scary as hell. Now is the time for everyone to stand up and shout down this craziness.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Oct 27, 2017
They were actively, seriously discussing declaring martial law and overturning the election. This is beyond 'attempted coup' and straight into treason.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I seriously wouldn't be surprised if he's in cuffs for treason on the 20th or 21st. Openly saying that he will try and reverse the election. He's already in this deep and is going full swing. Orange is shook.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even feign surprise here because this is exactly what we've all been saying for years. He has michael flynn in the oval office, Flynn is a convicted felon who, literally, works for the Kremlin and he's advocating for Trump to call for martial law and declare himself president. It's basically how we drew it up.

And yet because this is how we drew it up there isn't enough outrage. It's expected. And so it's not even the 10th most important story. Fox is probably talking about the war on Christmas or something.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even feign surprise here because this is exactly what we've all been saying for years. He has michael flynn in the oval office, Flynn is a convicted felon who, literally, works for the Kremlin and he's advocating for Trump to call for martial law and declare himself president. It's basically how we drew it up.

And yet because this is how we drew it up there isn't enough outrage. It's expected. And so it's not even the 10th most important story. Fox is probably talking about the war on Christmas or something.
It's been telegraphed this way for so long. Flynn has been pushing this agenda for a long time. Trump's attempted coup is failing but I doubt it will be judged as such for a long while.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Flynn technically worked/works for Turkey. He got caught up by the FBI because he lied about talking to Russia (on Trump's behalf) about Obama-era sanctions in the transition period. His FARA violation was largely handwaved in exchange for his cooperation, for all that was worth.

flamingo

Oct 27, 2017
This story is fucking nuts. Originally the story was that Powell was removed from trumps legal team because her theories were too crackpot even for trump. In reality she and mike Flynn are advising him and seriously considering these insane plans. Fully expect Trump to follow through on some of these.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Every person that said this was going to happen and was told that they were fear mongering should take a bow. This shit is nuts

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
This dumb bastard is gonna try and nuke someone or do something abhorrently batshit crazy isn't he....?

I mean if they're floating the idea of using martial law to stage new elections we're beyond the pale here...

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
The press need to attack him were it will hurt. How he cheats at golf. They can tie it into how he's trying to cheat the election.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
arrest trump immediately, he is getting super desperate. And what a fucking slap in the face of America. Bringing in a literal convicted traitor into the WH, a traitor whom he pretended not to know even though he was warned by obama.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like we have an amendment that can be eneacted to remove a president who's a threat to our democracy... right? RIGHT?!

Sledward

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is a narcissist i don't mean that in a derogatory way . He's a full on mentally unbalanced narcissist.I think the biggest problem is that by trying to rationalize his behaviour by using logic or any type of factual data is irrelevant.
A narcissist only cares about self fulfilling prophecies that feed there own ego.

I'm very drunk

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Which I think is bullshit because a declaration of war would require them to acknowledge that they're fighting against the U.S. when they are fully convinced they ARE the U.S.

I 100% agree it's bullshit because we quit 'declaring' was like 75-ish years ago.

The cold war itself is a war.

We're in peak cold war right now.

We were fed a lie that it ended when the wall came down. We're in more of a cold war right now than we were then, by far.

And of course we are in war in Iraq and Afghanistan and those are undeclared just like Vietnam and so on.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
So why is Trump still keeping up this charade? Isnt it technically over since the EC has casted its votes?

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
So why is Trump still keeping up this charade? Isnt it technically over since the EC has casted its votes?
Because he's pushed all the "rational" people out of the room and is mostly left with crazies telling him that he can still win.

Also, technically, Jan. 6 when Congress officially "counts" the EC vote it will finally be over. Then Jan. 20 when Biden takes office is when it's indisputably over. Those are the final two steps.

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's endgame is to leave the White House with the bulk of his supporters never believing he lost fairly.

He has nothing to lose and everything to gain from keeping the charade going until his death.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Within the last few hours, Powell has attacked Trump's chief of staff Mark Meadows and Secretary of State Pompeo and reposted Qanon material.

Trump had her back to the WH tonight >>>

Confirming what @JDiamond1 saw, that Sidney Powell was back in the White House tonight. She was once again pitching an executive order on seizing voting machines to examine them, per a person with knowledge of the meeting. Unclear if POTUS is planning to go along with it.

Would it be legally viable? White House counsel already told him it wouldn't be. But Powell/Flynn others are telling him what he wants to hear right now. And if he went ahead with it, it would be destabilizing in a new way.

I imagine Sidney with Donny's head in her lap, whispering "you're a good boy, and you'll always be president to me" as the moving guys are stripping the wallpaper.