• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
What... are you talking about?

I mean as someone who lives in SF, they're not wrong, but I have no idea what that has to do with this topic lol

I was responding to the demands of the protestors:

"No Cops, Prisons, Borders, Presidents," said one banner, while another proclaimed that the conflict over racial justice, policing, immigration and corporate influence in the country was "not over" merely because a new president had been inaugurated in Washington, D.C.

keysersöze

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I live right by where this happened, these people are idiots.

edit; specifically the group that broke windows at DP headquarters.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Something about this doesn't pass the smell test. Why protest this now and not earlier in the wake of Biden winning the election? Why protest this here and now on the day of the inauguration in front of a federal building, when you know that 1/6 probably has federal agents in greater numbers and lower tolerance on this specific day? Why protest on this day at this place knowing that there might be violent fascists protesting Biden's election as well?
Yea something isnt right here

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't give the far right any ideas on effective ways to divide us plz k thx bye.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Stop posting false flag conspiracies. These small groups in the PNW have been consistently active since the summer (and at times before that, of course). They have been engaging in pointless violence and destruction for months. They are not plants.

lostconst

Oct 27, 2017
Stop posting false flag conspiracies. These small groups in the PNW have been consistently active since the summer (and at times before that, of course). They have been engaging in pointless violence and destruction for months. They are not plants.

yeahhhh, can we kill the conspiracy theories, please? It's about as silly as Trump supporters blaming "Antifa" for the capital breach.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Reading the article, there were multiple protests. Taking all of them separately, as opposed to conflating them all together, I think they're all legit.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Anarchists are the worst, the vulnerable and poor will be the first hurt by failing of government. Every person I have met who agrees with this ideology are well off white people.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not against protesting as a way of course, but it's very unclear from the article what this group actually wanted or what they expected Biden to do in the few hours he had been president.

Oct 29, 2017
That's different than what you said earlier. Earlier you were implying just destroying things was Anarchy.

Nah, I was responding to the thread topic which included quoted statement of "no cops, no borders, no presidents." which sounded like anarchy to me (if it's not the definition of anarchy then apologies for that confusion). I was not implying that JUST destroying things was anarchy, but that that seems like what these folks are doing out there.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biden not even in day and already want to attack him and the democrats, yet these people don't believe in voting and don't know how they will accomplish anything.

These people are just as clueless and violent for no reason as those in the right.

Nov 2, 2017
Yes, the protests are going to continue. Abolishing prisons and police and dismantling the imperial state are just as much of a priority today as it was last week, last month, or last year.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The fear of accelerationists on the internet is probably greater than the existence of actual practicing accelerationists. But here is a quick example of the difference between "accelerationism" and "Anarchism" as is commonly understood by Anarchists/Anarcho-adjacent. Then further complicating this is our vernacular usage of "anarchy" as a stand in for "anything outside law and order".

And a historical example of mutual aid networks in action: https://www.solid-ground.org/the-radical-history-of-the-free-breakfast-program/

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Yes, the protests are going to continue. Abolishing prisons and police and dismantling the imperial state are just as much of a priority today as it was last week, last month, or last year.

Agreed.

Damn its only been a day, and the libs have already gone back to clutching pearls over protests lol.

I worry that it'll continue and we'll never actually see real reform. I know Biden and his administration can't snap their fingers to change everything but I need to see real change.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting people to suddenly look down on protests, but I didn't expect it to be -this- fast.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
OR will ways be a hotbed of racial injustice and protests. The state was founded as a haven for white supremacy lol

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope no one actually thought the social unrest of mid 2020 was just going to vanish the minute Biden was sworn in. That kind of stuff has its own momentum and they will continue and probably escalate until their original demands are met.

They were never going to go "let's give Biden 100 days and then reconvene in April".

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting people to suddenly look down on protests, but I didn't expect it to be -this- fast.

Literally the day after Trump leaves office... as if the goals of the left somehow began and ended with the election of Joe Biden to the presidency and there is no need for further direct action...

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Lots of good stuff, Green Cards for DACA and TPS, path to citizenship for 11 million undocumented immigrants etc. Focus on the underlying causes of the immigration (Central America) etc

That was my impression as well.

Then again, I'll never understand the fear of immigrants in a nation that was literally founded by immigrants. I've always taken it as a point of pride that people want to come here for a better life.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Anarchists are the worst, the vulnerable and poor will be the first hurt by failing of government. Every person I have met who agrees with this ideology are well off white people.

Protecting the vulnerable and the poor is necessary for social transformation, but that necessity is because current governments and social systems have already made them vulnerable and poor.

Oct 29, 2017
Imagine thinking this is what Anarchists want.

Well what is it that these folks want? Based on the thread it sounded like they are losing sight of whatever they initially were fighting for, are fighting for "no cops, no borders, no presidents", and are out there rioting at the dem party HQ. Just sounded like anarchy to me, but again it seems I'm wrong about that definition so...sorry? It just seems like this is becoming a different fight than what the BLM protest was and is.

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
damn, they smashed windows? totally invalidates their disdain for ICE and american empire and justifies the use of tear gas and pepper balls, thank you

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
So this is what FoxNews and Newsmax have said is "worse than the Capitol protest" today.

Thank you idiots in Portland for feeding their narrative.