• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Idiot.

Meanwhile, I'm posting telling ppl to try Staples, Office Depot for hand sanitizer.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Mr. Colvin does not believe he was price gouging. While he charged $20 on Amazon for two bottles of Purell that retail for $1 each, he said people forget that his price includes his labor, Amazon's fees and about $10 in shipping.

Oh, I forgot that, yeah. It's all good then.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He thought about it more. "I honestly feel like it's a public service," he added. "I'm being paid for my public service."
Wow. And I thought Martin Shkreli was a special breed of asshole. It's disheartening to think of how many degenerates are out there just salivating for a calamity so that they may rise to the occasion...

But to pat yourself on the back like you've done something decent is just... I can't right now. I've given too much time to this pos already

Oct 27, 2017
"It's been a huge amount of whiplash," he said. "From being in a situation where what I've got coming and going could potentially put my family in a really good place financially to 'What the heck am I going to do with all of this?'"

I have a simple idea: shove them all up your ass, one by one.

Hand sanitizer is no better than regular soap and water. Hope this guy can't sell a single bottle of sanitizer. Heartless dick, trying to profit from the fears and pain of others.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a simple idea: shove them all up your ass, one by one.

Hand sanitizer is no better than regular soap and water. Hope this guy can't sell a single bottle of sanitizer. Heartless dick, trying to profit from the fears and pain of others.

I really wish he would just donate the stuff to his local hospital, but a dark part of me just wishes local authorities would confiscate it for the public good.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Good. Fucking scum. Yesterday we had someone try to steal a big bottle of hand sanitizer that we have at work next to the register since we're asked to use it anytime we handle money. When they approached them they just said they thought we were selling them and left. Fuck these people.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. And I thought Martin Shkreli was a special breed of asshole. It's disheartening to think of how many degenerates are out there just salivating for a calamity so that they may rise to the occasion...

But to pat yourself on the back like you've done something decent is just... I can't right now. I've given too much time to this pos already
Shkreli was worse. I don't blame this guy as much of an asshole as he is. Our society wants people to be like this.

Only reason Amazon banned him is bc thats 17k less they can sell. After all they had a press conference yesterday where they referred to infected people as consumers and not patients so we know what their priorities are

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer on the wall, 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer on the wall, take one down and pass it around, 17,699 bottles of hand sanitizer on the wall...

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
America definitely breeds this special type of asshole. We worship this type of "hustle".

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I used to resell Wiis. Made tons of money. Like it was my full time job for three years kind of money.

but I draw the line at health related stuff and essential things like food and water.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Is it wrong to say this shit should be a jailable offense in times like this?

This is one of those things that if he were charging more during a crisis he could get his ass in trouble by the government, they warn you not to do it, they give you a number to call to report this kind of behavior, but no one calls it and the government actually doesn't punish them after they've been reported so the real hustlers are not afraid.

At least this is how it happens in Florida during hurricane season.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
His attitude towards the situation is disgusting. I honestly hope he loses big money on all this shit.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact this guy and his bro actually agreed to be in a news story about this. Like, you KNOW you are going to look like a complete asshole, right? That you have put a target on you and your home?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Era, this guy lives right down the road from me. Not joking.
You should write him a strongly worded letter and attach it to his door.

And then another.

And another.

And another.

Don't threaten him or his family; just make the letters more weird and cryptic with each one. You know, randomly insert Babylonian mythology into the middle of paragraphs.

You know. Freak him out a little.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Flaming bag of poop on the doorstep.

America is full of these POS's. It's the proverbial character of Trump's base. They revere this type of "hustle", precisely in the mold of that of their God Emperor and the billionaires they worship.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Tfw you have 17,700 items in stock but no way to advertise them.

Of course, when even Amazon is dropping you...
Counterpoint

Motherfuckers are crazy, and they get even crazier during pandemics. Why advertise who and where you are tho these people?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
People are always handing out praises for Superman and Batman. But no matter how hard he works, there's never any credit for the the greatest hero of our time, Screw Everyone Else Over Man.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017

www.nytimes.com

He Has 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer and Nowhere to Sell Them (Published 2020)

Amazon cracked down on coronavirus price gouging. Now, while the rest of the world searches, some sellers are holding stockpiles of sanitizer and masks.

On March 1, the day after the first coronavirus death in the United States, brothers Matt and Noah Colvin set out in a silver S.U.V. to pick up some hand sanitizer. Driving around Chattanooga, Tenn., they hit a Dollar Tree, then a Walmart, a Staples and a Home Depot. At each store, they cleaned out the shelves.
Over the next three days, Noah Colvin took a 1,300-mile road trip across Tennessee and into Kentucky, filling a U-Haul truck with thousands of bottles of hand sanitizer and thousands of packs of antibacterial wipes, mostly from "little hole-in-the-wall dollar stores in the backwoods," his brother said. "The major metro areas were cleaned out."
Matt Colvin stayed home near Chattanooga, preparing for pallets of even more wipes and sanitizer he had ordered, and starting to list them on Amazon. Mr. Colvin said he had posted 300 bottles of hand sanitizer and immediately sold them all for between $8 and $70 each, multiples higher than what he had bought them for. To him, "it was crazy money." To many others, it was profiteering from a pandemic.
The next day, Amazon pulled his items and thousands of other listings for sanitizer, wipes and face masks. The company suspended some of the sellers behind the listings and warned many others that if they kept running up prices, they'd lose their accounts. EBay soon followed with even stricter measures, prohibiting any U.S. sales of masks or sanitizer.
Now, while millions of people across the country search in vain for hand sanitizer to protect themselves from the spread of the coronavirus, Mr. Colvin is sitting on 17,700 bottles of the stuff with little idea where to sell them.
"It's been a huge amount of whiplash," he said. "From being in a situation where what I've got coming and going could potentially put my family in a really good place financially to 'What the heck am I going to do with all of this?'"
Mr. Colvin is one of probably thousands of sellers who have amassed stockpiles of hand sanitizer and crucial respirator masks that many hospitals are now rationing, according to interviews with eight Amazon sellers and posts in private Facebook and Telegram groups from dozens more. Amazon said it had recently removed hundreds of thousands of listings and suspended thousands of sellers' accounts for price gouging related to the coronavirus.
Amazon, eBay, Walmart and other online-commerce platforms are trying to stop their sellers from making excessive profits from a public health crisis. While the companies aimed to discourage people from hoarding such products and jacking up their prices, many sellers had already cleared out their local stores and started selling the goods online.
Now both the physical and digital shelves are nearly empty.
Mikeala Kozlowski, a nurse in Dudley, Mass., has been searching for hand sanitizer since before she gave birth to her first child, Nora, on March 5. When she searched stores, which were sold out, she skipped getting gas to avoid handling the pump. And when she checked Amazon, she couldn't find it for less than $50.
--------------------------
Mr. Colvin does not believe he was price gouging. While he charged $20 on Amazon for two bottles of Purell that retail for $1 each, he said people forget that his price includes his labor, Amazon's fees and about $10 in shipping. (Alcohol-based sanitizer is pricey to ship because officials consider it a hazardous material.)
Current price-gouging laws "are not built for today's day and age," Mr. Colvin said. "They're built for Billy Bob's gas station doubling the amount he charges for gas during a hurricane."
He added, "Just because it cost me $2 in the store doesn't mean it's not going to cost me $16 to get it to your door."
But what about the morality of hoarding products that can prevent the spread of the virus, just to turn a profit?
Mr. Colvin said he was simply fixing "inefficiencies in the marketplace." Some areas of the country need these products more than others, and he's helping send the supply toward the demand.
"There's a crushing overwhelming demand in certain cities right now," he said. "The Dollar General in the middle of nowhere outside of Lexington, Ky., doesn't have that."
He thought about it more. "I honestly feel like it's a public service," he added. "I'm being paid for my public service."
As for his stockpile, Mr. Colvin said he would now probably try to sell it locally. "If I can make a slight profit, that's fine," he said. "But I'm not looking to be in a situation where I make the front page of the news for being that guy who hoarded 20,000 bottles of sanitizer that I'm selling for 20 times what they cost me."

More in the link.

cimX6JV.jpg

Stonks.