• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
The thing I hate about SHS is that she could answer these questions and lie and dissemble confidently in a way that fully protects her boss - but she always turns it up to 11, adds extra unprompted slanderous falsehoods AND is a barking virulent cockbadger to whoever she's responding to with such extra and insulting effort. Her and Nunes should share a cell eventually.
She's Dolores Umbridge.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Excuse my ignorance but how big is this?

I'd have to say that, frankly, it's big. Big news; tremendously big news. And when I say - and I'm saying it very strongly - when I say that it's bigly news, I mean that it may be the biggest news about your favorite president that has come out, possibly ever, OK??

Oct 29, 2017
Space
Unless the FBI step in and indict the pres, family and cabinet I don't see Senate budging. Heck, I don't think McConnell would put impeachment on the table. They're going full authoritarian and I don't see that stopping even if there may be a mountain of concrete evidence that 45 is guilty.

The House votes to impeach, the Senate tries the case. It's not up to McConnell whether impeachment is on the table. If the House forces it, the Senate has to take it up.

Whether there's 18 Republicans in Senate willing to convict is another matter.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
It's weird to think that Comey would be a beloved Republican hero if he'd dropped the Trump investigation and did what Trump wanted.
kPv6YeL.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Most sane people kind of thought this already 2 years ago. Not sure this article really changes anything other than to say that obviously intelligence agencies aren't stupid.

It changes things because:

- the suspicion was on a sitting President, not a candidate
- The nation's top law enforcement agency not only found the Comey firing suspicious, they went so far as to open AND conduct a counterintelligence investigation to determine if the sitting President was working for another country, specifically Russia
- We had no window into how Trump-appointed heads of agencies were operating these investigations
- Trump fired five of the top six FBI officials but couldn't kill the investigation into his campaign, nor this one
- We all know we have only been exposed to the tip of the iceberg in terms of information related to these investigations. This report tonight not only confirms that there is much more to discover, but that info is likely very heavy info.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
So many hot takes in this thread. The president is new at this. He didn't know you're not supposed to commit treason.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One disturbing thing to consider is that Trump might well have been found to have conspired with Russia and our investigation and constitutional tools mean it took almost two years to do nothing about it.

Oct 31, 2017
One disturbing thing to consider is that Trump might well have been found to have conspired with Russia and our investigation and constitutional tools mean it took almost two years to do nothing about it.

Yeah. The American Political system is definitely a slow moving process in a world that is all about instant access/consumption/gratification/etc. Why it was so easily exploited, especially through the application of the internet.

BetterWorldz

Oct 27, 2017
The fact he could remain in power in spite of these suspicions exposes a terrifying blind spot in the entire political system of the United States. There needs to be an emergency procedure to remove such a potential threat of high treason, patch it in as soon as fucking possible if American democracy isn't beyond saving at this point.

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017

And this has been in plan for decades. Perfectly planned. Quite possibly the greatest counter intelligence operation in human history.

Trumps first speech after being inaugurated was at the CIA HQ. From Russia With Love.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
The fact he could remain in power in spite of these suspicions exposes a terrifying blind spot in the entire political system of the United States. There needs to be an emergency procedure to remove such a potential threat of high treason, patch it in as soon as fucking possible if American democracy isn't beyond saving at this point.

I think Trump would have been indicted by now if the asanine DOJ rules weren't in place saying a sitting president can't be indicted. Those rules need to change, because we can't let this bullshit happen again.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Norms! Traditions! Party over country.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
This has been pretty much known since the beginning. I would not be surprised if Mueller's finding is that elections were stolen. A lot of dates right now suggest something big goes down in March.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And this has been in plan for decades. Perfectly planned. Quite possibly the greatest counter intelligence operation in human history.

Trumps first speech after being inaugurated was at the CIA HQ. From Russia With Love.

Nah. This is like the lead pack in the Tour De France tangling wheels just as Lance Armstrong starts a steroid powered push. Like, he didn't need the whole assist to win. Russia couldn't have created a clusterfuck of this magnitude. They sure did take advantage of it though.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
This has been pretty much known since the beginning. I would not be surprised if Mueller's finding is that elections were stolen. A lot of dates right now suggest something big goes down in March.

Well with Cohen going before congress in February this will be getting more interesting. Trump probably wants to keep the shutdown thing going to shift focus.

Jan 29, 2018
Every 'big' story over the past two years only seems to reinforce what everyone was already thinking in the hours and days after Buzzfeed published the Steele dossier right before inauguration. It's excruciating waiting for the next plot point.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It was always very strange to me how changing the entire GOP platform in such a short and swift nauture and amount of time to be more favorable to Russia was not a big story.

In my eyes that is one of the most damning piece of 'evidence' that Trump is for sure working with/for Russia and has the support and complicity of the entire GOP party. Extremely damning and yet because we have the attention span of squirrels it was covered for two days tops.

To bad for Trump and the GOP that Mueller and Co. don't have the attention span of small rodents. It's going to be so delicious when the whole apparatus comes tumbling down including the terriorist organization of the NRA.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
It was always very strange to me how changing the entire GOP platform in such a short and swift nauture and amount of time to be more favorable to Russia was not a big story.

In my eyes that is one of the most damning piece of 'evidence' that Trump is for sure working with/for Russia and has the support and complicity of the entire GOP party. Extremely damning and yet because we have the attention span of squirrels it was covered for two days tops.

To bad for Trump and the GOP that Mueller and Co. don't have the attention span of small rodents. It's going to be so delicious when the whole apparatus comes tumbling down including the terriorist organization of the NRA.

Which is why to me, taking down more members of the GOP is more important than Trump. The sad part is, if we lose Trump, we get Pence. Pence knows what he's doing. If we can cripple the GOP, that would do more damage.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

There was Mattis's Feb 28th last day in the event trump didn't understand the resignation letter was blasting him. There was something else happening in March, but man I'm falling asleep and it escapes me. Just my speculation.

Edit: found it. Mattis not wanting to be there in March and Rosenstein suggesting early March seemed too big for people in the know to be a coincidence.
https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegrif...iframe/2/twitter.min.html#1083098621606715392

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

Yup, the GOP was always diligent on opposing Russia. McCain was until the end and Romney is too. Weren't there a bunch of GOP senators going to Russiaate last year? I really think it's way more broad than Trump, hes just the crown jewel.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Which is why to me, taking down more members of the GOP is more important than Trump. The sad part is, if we lose Trump, we get Pence. Pence knows what he's doing. If we can cripple the GOP, that would do more damage.
I'm with you here. I think it's very important to weed out the entire party and not just Trump. Pence doesn't really matter very much anymore. We are too far along in this term for him taking over and doing any real lasting damage. Especially now that Dems have the house. Pence would be the same lame duck Donald is just quieter.

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

This. So much this.

I can't believe he just got away with it.

Has he even signed the new embargos? Or are they still on his desk?

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad that I've been to the protests, have spoken up, have voted etc. I don't want my future kids to think I was a coward and did nothing when the greatest traitor of our time tried to destroy America.