• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The NYT has published this article where black Americans are highly critical of Democrats currently:

www.nytimes.com

Black Americans Have a Message for Democrats: Not Being Trump Is Not Enough (Published 2020)

Joe Biden wants to heal the soul of the country in this moment of protest and loss, and win the White House. Simply telling people to vote in November may not help with either goal.

Black Americans Have a Message for Democrats: Not Being Trump Is Not Enough
Joe Biden wants to heal the soul of the country in this moment of protest and loss, and win the White House. Simply telling people to vote in November may not help with either goal.

"I just don't think that's how change happens," Ms. Moore said of voting. "They've been telling us to do that for so long — and we've done it — and look at everything that's still going on."

The moment may still test Mr. Biden's priorities, as a weary black electorate desires far greater change than the promise of a return to normalcy that has fueled his campaign. Energizing those voters, activists and elected leaders say, means addressing their demands for change and the realities of racism. But the former vice president, one of the Senate architects of the modern criminal justice system, cannot confront racism without addressing systemic inequalities, and he cannot address systemic inequalities by simply returning to a pre-Trump America.

"Our needs aren't moderate," Mr. Jackson said in a recent interview. "The absence of Trump is not enough."

Ms. Pressley, an insurgent progressive in 2018 who beat a Democratic incumbent partly with a strategy to engage nontypical voters, said if elected officials want to speak to people's pain, they have to understand the "deficit of trust" they're operating under.

"People don't participate, not because they're ignorant and they don't know enough," she said. "It's because they know too much. They live it every day."

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's sad is...... it kind of is. I'm white, but Biden not being Trump is enough at this point. Just want this to end.

That said, I think Democrats get the message that they need to do more once in power, as Biden's platform has evolved since he became the only candidate.

MikeBreezy92

Oct 28, 2019
This should've been made during the primaries and tbh I think it probably was.

I just think we're well past this sentiment because the American people think it's enough clearly.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Look at the praise democrat politicians are giving to the police for their brutal attacks against peaceful protestors.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What's sad is...... it kind of is. I'm white, but Biden not being Trump is enough at this point. Just want this to end.

That said, I think Democrats get the message that they need to do more once in power, as Biden's platform has evolved since he became the only candidate.
I do not know how to react to this. It is truly baffling.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
If Democrats want to win they need to finally listen and finally make meaningful changes. No more we hear yous. Enough is enough.

Mar 18, 2020
It's now between Biden and Trump and that's a clear choice, but people need to work these politicians over instead of treating voting like a fire and forget affair, and I appreciate where the brother is coming from.

However, personally I don't want to hear shit from non-black people who were silent about black issues until they found an in last week, and I really don't want to hear from non-black people too cowardly to address the anti-black racism in their own homes and businesses.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not imprisoning children at the border isn't enough. Thanks NYT

Articles like this are created to divide democrats and Era is ready to eat it like it's booty.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People wanting more than what the American people are willing to want. As usual.
It's not fucking good enough! It never has been! Harm reduction is the goddamn bare minimum. If that's good enough for you, then get a new perspective on current events.
I'd like to clarify what my feelings are since I didn't represent them well enough in my knee jerk reaction to this:

Not being Trump is INDEED not enough, I 100% agree. Democrats seriously need to do more if they're going to keep any of us in their base in the longer term.

All I was saying is that's the choice we're being forced to make. We're being forced to pick not-Trump, but they still need to do way more. And you're acting like Biden was my choice during the primaries when I was vehemently anti-Biden.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
They're correct, just look at every major city right now that has had Democratic leadership for years. This is why so many people have been beyond frustrated that "We're not Trump" is basically their entire election strategy. Lots of people can't afford that.

Psrock1

Oct 27, 2017
The difference is huge. Biden is enough for me. I would vote for a cat instead Trump if given a choice

MikeBreezy92

Oct 28, 2019
I'd like to clarify what my feelings are since I didn't represent them well enough in my knee jerk reaction to this:

Not being Trump is INDEED not enough, I 100% agree. Democrats seriously need to do more if they're going to keep any of us in their base in the longer term.

All I was saying is that's the choice we're being forced to make. We're being forced to pick not-Trump, but they still need to do more.

Oh no I definitely agreed with you.

I'm not on the thought process that "we need more than not Trump" well after the primaries. That needs to be a focus over the next few election cycles.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really interested in seeing who Biden picks for VP. Surrounding himself with the right people will be key.

Attending protests and his "Plans for Black America" are a step in the right direction, but we need to see actual change if he gets into office.

That's what I was thinking. Wonder if this had happened before the primaries if it would've made a difference.
That would probably depend on how Bernie handled things and even then Biden has been making out pretty well through this, so he might not have lost support.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They're correct, just look at every major city right now that has had Democratic leadership for years. This is why so many people have been beyond frustrated that "We're not Trump" is basically their entire election strategy. Lots of people can't afford that.
"I'm not Trump" was basically Hillary's message in 2016.

DirtySprite3

Banned
Sep 13, 2019
Yeah this article is about a week late. After the Biden comments this made sense but after the riots we all want trump gone.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Lol. We can tell since you sprinted to tell us whats best for us instead of listening first.

OneEyedKing

Oct 25, 2017
We need to get rid of corporate Democrats. Nancy "All Lives Matter" Pelosi, Joe Biden, the Clintons, Obama, etc. They're all the same. They all have the blood of thousands of black people on their hands, and even more when you include the foreign minorities murdered under their bloodthirsty regimes, because they'd rather enrich themselves and roll over to a fascist GOP than grow a spine and stand up for the ones who are exploited and brutalized.

Republicans are the cops who knelt on George Floyd's neck to kill him; the Democrats are the cops who stood by, watched, and did nothing.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Then be quiet. This is not about you. Just listen to black people and read the article.
As a black guy, I'd take almost anybody decent over trump after this past two weeks especially. I'm ready to get off this crazy train for a bit. We should absolutely expect more from the party this go around, but I'm not even entertaining anyone talking about not voting currently. Fuck that noise. This article is like a month late given the situation currently.

Aug 12, 2019
Didn't black Americans overwhelmingly vote for Biden over Sanders during the primaries?

Older black Americans voted predominately for Biden, whereas Bernie did significantly better with younger black Americans and basically every other minority group in the primaries. Generally speaking that was the trend of the election, Bernie ran away with everyone voting 50 and under, but over 50? Biden cleaned house and unfortunately they vote in more reliable numbers than younger voters and specifically seemed to come out to support Biden this election in greater numbers than newer young people were coming out to the polls.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
People are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have a coworker, she's black, and she refuses to vote because she doesn't believe any politician will truly look out for someone like her. I know she hates Trump, but I had no right to tell her she must vote for Biden.

Articles like this are created to divide democrats and Era is ready to eat it like it's booty.

Agreed.

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory accusation in a sensitive thread
Then be quiet. This is not about you. Just listen to black people and read the article.
Thank you for suppressing white people's views on how they should help better shape America.

*Edit. Im not trying to excuse racism, Im badly saying not all white people are racist.

Last edited:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
We need to get rid of corporate Democrats. Nancy "All Lives Matter" Pelosi, Joe Biden, the Clintons, Obama, etc. They're all the same. They all have the blood of thousands of black people on their hands, and even more when you include the foreign minorities murdered under their bloodthirsty regimes, because they'd rather enrich themselves and roll over to a fascist GOP than grow a spine and stand up for the ones who are exploited and brutalized.

Republicans are the cops who knelt on George Floyd's neck to kill him; the Democrats are the cops who stood by, watched, and did nothing.

The issue is so much bigger than "corporate Democrats." Some of the biggest offenders here are so-called "Progressive" states.

And we have to be able to talk about this problem, instead of using it as a springboard to the thing we really want to talk about.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with the premise of the article. However, let's not lose sight of the issue that there's someone in the Whitehouse right now, up for re-election in a few months, who has emboldened bigots across the country and has no interest whatsoever in making the situation better. Let's stay focused on getting him and his vile administration the fuck out of there.

If Trump gets re-elected then the next 4 years are going to get worse.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
100% absolutely agreed. The Democratic Party's collection of politicians is infested with corporate bootlickers, diet racists, and pushovers. Politicians are deathly afraid of pissing off police and the bourgeoisie (just see Deblasio's pathetic comments). Quite often, voting for Democrats is more about harm reduction than about a pursuit of real justice.

Time for the party to step up its game.