• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Mayor Bill de Blasio

"I watched with my own eyes for days now no use of force in peaceful protests that I was seeing with my own very eyes right there,"

https://nypost.com/2020/06/05/de-blasio-defends-police-amid-calls-to-slash-nypd-budget/ (I know it's the Post but the conference just happened and there are no other links yet)

Governor Andrew Cuomo

Speaker 3: (37:10)
Governor, at the same time, last night, we all saw videos of New York City police officers who are bludgeoning peaceful protesters in New York City with batons as they were enforcing the curfew, and these weren't people who were resisting or putting up any fight. Is this what you wanted when you said the cops should do their job?

Governor Andrew Cuomo: (37:26)
Do you think anyone would say… A question itself can be a little offensive. A police officer doing their job, do you think there's any sensible police officer who believes their job is bludgeoning a peaceful person with a baton? See, it's that kind of incendiary rhetoric that, it's not a fact. It's not a fact. It's not even an opinion. That is a hyper-partisan rhetorical attack, police bludgeon peaceful protesters with batons for no reason. That's not a fact, they don't do that. Anyone who did do that would be obviously reprehensible, if not criminal.

www.rev.com

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo June 4 Press Conference Transcript

Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo held a press briefing on Wednesday, June 4. Cuomo says George Floyd protesters should assume they've been exposed to coronavirus. Read the full transcript here.

Some sites were quick to compile videos in response
www.insider.com

New York Gov. Cuomo falsely said NYPD officers hadn't hit peaceful protesters with batons. Here are the videos.

"They don't do that," Gov. Andrew Cuomo said, adding that even asking a question about such beatings was "a little offensive."

Reporters even confronted de Blasio with their own first-hand accounts

Primo gaslighting by both

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fascist state. More interested in self preservation of the Democratic political machine and its key stakeholders (unaccountable civil servants).

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
huh, then they should probably step down from their positions until they are able to identify what is causing them to not see this, sounds like a serious health problem

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see Cuomo exposed. He got too much good press for COVID19, which he also bungled.

Oct 25, 2017
They're both trash. Glad Cuomo is finally getting heat for this as well. I hate how people were trying to paint in positive light for how he handled COVID when he's terrible as well.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Cowardly fucks. Fuck them and their complete indifference to their citizens. Not even an old white dude almost dying on camera was enough for them to change their tune.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
All the covid praise Guomo built up is gone, he's back to being the PoS most NYer's know him to be..

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I want them to say it happened, but I know nobody is going to say it and make the cops completely stop work. It sucks that this place is basically controlled by the ultimate mob, and the cops are completely above the law.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cuomo and DeBlasio are both giant sacks of shit at this point. I never want to see another post here defending these fucks.

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
Police reports are telling me that they aren't beating the shit out of people! it must be true!

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I think people are missing the point here. They're not denying what you saw, they're denying that it constitutes excessive force. They don't think what they're seeing is bad. That's the point.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
They actively took their fucking eyes out gaslighting this bullshit.

They should donate their eyes to the ones who actually lost theirs cause of their fucking trigger happy pigs.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I've actually been wondering about this for a couple days. Says there's a group of people and one of the people does something that meets whatever "standards" are required for use of force, does that authorize the force against all the people in the group? Or just the one person doing whatever it was?

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting (well, hoping) that local governments across the country look A LOT different after the next elections than they do now.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
How can you even claim shit like this when everyone in the world has a smartphone with video evidence of their crimes? I can understand trying to get away with this kind of lie in the sixties, but this is just dumb.

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
My only question is which one is licking the NYPD's left boot and which is one licking the right?

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Scenario A:
Do we have a contagion that poses an existential problem to our economy's bottom line?

Time to step up and make hard choices.

Scenario B
Do we have a contagion of law enforcement brutalizing citizens?

What? Huh? No, I didn't see anything like that. But you feel what you want to feel if that helps you.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Scenario A:
Do we have a contagion that poses an existential problem to our economy's bottom line?

Time to step up and make hard choices.

Scenario B
Do we have a contagion of law enforcement brutalizing citizens?

What? Huh? No, I didn't see anything like that. But you feel what you want to feel if that helps you.
Hard choices like cutting healthcare funds? Cuomo has always been absolute fucking garbage.