• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Woah. RIP

The story was hard to follow, but i thought he was being treated for mental health issues ? Or was that just a rumour?

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I hope people take mental health seriously and don't brush it off like a joke.

Rest in Peace

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
RIP
I hadn't heard anything about him since he live-streamed his arrest last month. Can anyone catch myself (and likely others) up on how we reached this point?

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Holy fuck. Absolutely horrendous. RIP

Mental health isn't a joke. Don't take that shit lightly. Please.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Terrible news, but what I feared was the case after the last report. RIP Etika.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope he finds more peace in whatever comes next. Mental illness is a sonnuva bitch. Condolences to his family and friends.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
RIP.

He was such an awesome dude before he started going downfall. It was clear he was in desperate need on help (even though he refused it).

I hope this site and the Internet in general learn not to take mental health issues lightly.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm at a loss of words. Watching this man's videos helped me get through undergrad so this hits home for me. It hurts to think he was really driven to this point. Mental illness is no joke, and hopefully anyone shitting on him in the prior threads see how serious this can get.

Rest in Peace the OG Joyconboy

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
WTF

This is terrible :(.

R.i.p. and condolences to friends and family. I very sincerely hope the internet has the restraint to treat them and the issues at hand with the respect they deserve.

Edit: removed shit talk about the psych ward. Etika should've received further treatment regardless

Last edited:

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I've been afraid we were gonna see this news soon. RIP. Fucking tragic shit.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
He left us too soon. May Etika rest in peace, and my condolences go out to his friends & family.

Oct 25, 2017
Awful awful awful.

If there's something I think the community should take away from this, it's that cries for help are *serious*. I know a lot of people were mad at him for doing all of the wacky (and hurtful) things that he did and we need to realize that his attention-seeking was because he needed help.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WTF

This is terrible :(. What THE UTTER FUCK were the people who released him from psych ward thinking

Unless you are baker acted its very hard/nigh impossible to be held against your will in a psyche facility if you are not deemed to be an immediate threat to yourself or others

This is probably the worst news to start the day off to. I really wished it wouldn't have had to come to this.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Guys take mental health seriously, dont downplay it. Lend a hand when someone needs to talk or needs help, dont leave them alone.

Rest in peace.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Rip Etika, when will this country figure out how to better help people with mental health problems.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Well, there it is. RIP

Guy was clearly not right in the head, sad to see his life end like this.