• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dormammu

Banned
May 20, 2020
I don't trust cops so i was expecting it to be lies, but the investigation is saying that the cleaning solution was not properly removed from the shake making machine.

I actually had this happen to me before. I think it was at a Carls Jr. I got a Coke in the drive thru. On the way home i took a drink and it tasted like strong chemicals mixed into the drink. Immediately i thought it tasted like whoever cleaned the machine the night before or that morning left some of it inside.

Also had it happen at a coffee shop down the street from where i lived once. It was a privately owned business, not a big chain. I got a blended mocha type drink. It was some pre-made mixer type machine that just poured out into a cup. One time it wasted like cleaning solution.

Neither time though did i get sick or go to the hospital because there was no way to miss the taste after the first drink. Not possible. I just got pissed, stopped drinking it and threw it out, and swore to never go to those places again.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Presumably that would have come out during the investigation, not just people coming forward with their story, but verifying with hospitalized people who had a shake there, which I'm assuming didn't happen since it wasn't a part of the follow up. Shake Shack's statement also mentions it might have been cleaning product left in the machine (again, no mention of others getting sick), meaning that an employee putting it in later was ruled out, and it was thought to have accidentally mixed in. Also, the cops instantly asserted that this was intentionally targeted, and maybe it was because they are the only people who got sick, but it makes it harder to believe if it was thought to be cleaning product in the machine.

That all sounds fishy to me. And if Shake Shack and their employees aren't getting in trouble, I could see them be willing to go with the narrative, rather than go up against the NYPD and the police union for years in court since the cops are being potentially shielded from accountability from the top.

The police's story went from "We were intentionally poisoned by employees! Stay alert!" to "The investigation determined the poisoning was accidental! No harm, no foul." So that immediately makes me skeptical.
The cops are fucking liars. There is nothing surprising here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Right wing grifter, Cernovich, got owned lol.

As someone who has worked in food service I knew this story was bullshit from the jump. Food safety and handling procedures are extremely well codified and followed. Think about it? You poison a patron and goodbye business. You'll also be under investigation by the department of health as well.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
So you have professional law enforcement jumping to conclusions willy nilly?

They don't even follow their own standards of professionalism. And we want these maniacs roaming the streets. Literally shoot first ask question later--all from the top.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. It's like - just in case anyone had even a single doubt - cops lie. They tell bald-faced lies about life-changing, life-ending facts just to serve their petty evil whims. Thanks for making that clorox-bleach clear, NYPD.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
the union intentionally posted incendiary comments on the accusation before even knowing what happened... its bullshit a private business has to deal with blow back from all these politcal nut jobs out there over literal fake news. I've already been seeing people sharing the address and location to harass employees for being "cop killers". There's a sizable crowd for this trash who most likely will ignore or disbelieve the update as well.

Oct 28, 2017
If anything, this proves the protests right - the police in the US like to shoot first, respond with hostility when questioned why they shot first, ask questions later and never walk back their mistakes.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If the union gets sued does their defense come from the tax payers? Disgusting bit of propaganda they tried to use there

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Shake Shakes a
Shake Shacks I have been in have open kitchens where you can see everything they do, including mixing the shakes. I don't really see how the employees could have easily done this.

Yup. Now we know its fake but I was about to say the same thing. Hell, often I just stand on the side and people watch the employees interaction with customers and themselves because it's so wide open.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
So the conspiracy theorists don't care lol. They refuse to even believe in the investigation. What a shitshow from the NYPD. Not surprised. Impulsive and brash as always.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
1) Nobody believed this.
2) This kind of accusation gets people hurt.
3) Trump says drink your bleach, you MAGA idiot cops.

Min

Oct 25, 2017

I mean maybe they shouldn't complain. They were saying last week that poisoned food doesn't make the restaurant bad, but 🤷‍♂️

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there was any accident. This is probably complete BS. If it was an accident, surely other people got sick as well right? Did it just accidentally happen to 3 cops looking to change the narrative? I'm not giving the police the benefit of the doubt, until other people report being sick I'm going to assume they 100 percent made this up and the "accident" report is to try and save face to a degree.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there was any accident. This is probably complete BS. If it was an accident, surely other people got sick as well right? Did it just accidentally happen to 3 cops looking to change the narrative? I'm not giving the police the benefit of the doubt, until other people report being sick I'm going to assume they 100 percent made this up and the "accident" report is to try and save face to a degree.
That's what I'm wondering. No way only cops were affected by this if what they're saying is true.

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana

2 Virgils.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
The best part are the bootlicking Qanon and MAGA idiots saying the police are lying about it not being intentional for...reasons! Yes that's it!

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Right wing grifter, Cernovich, got owned lol.

As someone who has worked in food service I knew this story was bullshit from the jump. Food safety and handling procedures are extremely well codified and followed. Think about it? You poison a patron and goodbye business. You'll also be under investigation by the department of health as well.

Yeah I've worked at Mcdonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, and Domino's NEVER have I once heard anyone even joke about tampering with food. Of course we talk about shitty customers all the time but never ever about poisoning them lol. That's psychotic.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
The best part are the bootlicking Qanon and MAGA idiots saying the police are lying about it not being intentional for...reasons! Yes that's it!
It's not even alternative facts anymore. They don't believe the people who made the initial erroneous claim! We're doomed as a society lol.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Like anyone would ever eat at McDonalds if there were reports of bad hamburgers even 1% of the time we hear about bad police. "What the fuck does that even mean" lmao

Trump agrees.

ABC News said:
"One bad hamburger, you can destroy McDonald's. One bad hamburger and you take Wendy's and all these other places and they're out of business," Trump said. "I like cleanliness, and I think you're better off going there than maybe someplace that you have no idea where the food is coming from."

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure cops are getting some surprises in their meals. I'd bring my own lunch these days.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone saw this from a mile away. Conservatives aren't going to update the story after the fist time because they have their "proof"

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017

What does this mean?

Evidently, however...
Accidently...
If so, ...

So, first they claimed the "toxic substance" was believed to be bleach, but now it's "evidently" a cleaning solution. This is after sending a tainted shake sample to the lab for testing by the way.

Imagine if Shake Shack doesn't even use bleach to clean their shake machine and that's the reason for the pivot. That would be an awkward situation for the investigators if their "evidence" was filled with bleach and there was no bleach and they could find no way an employee could have put it in the cops specific cups. Yes, "cleaning solution" that must have been what it was.