• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
2020 apparently doesn't stop. I just wanted to check in with over New Yorkers on ERA to see how everyone's holding up during this madness.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island City here. It came through about 15 mins ago. Looked like a wind tunnel outside. Ripped a stop sign out of the ground

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
In Manhattan. The wind was really picking up, but it seems to have calmed down now.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Just blew through my area. It was wild. Stay safe everyone!
Glad to know you're safe!
Long Island City here. It came through about 15 mins ago. Looked like a wind tunnel outside. Ripped a stop sign out of the ground
Queens here, it's fucking wild with this wind
In Manhattan. The wind was really picking up, but it seems to have calmed down now.
At least it's calmed down now
Yeah it's pretty crazy outside here.
Yeah shit has rapidly hit the fan out of fucking no where lol

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Hey, take it from an Ohioan who dealt with this earlier today, this shit is no joke. Took down a tree that landed right in our driveway, taking down a telephone pole, but somehow the cable and the power is still working, so those are some strong wires!

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I live near Jersey City and it was like Sandy all over again except only for maybe 20 minutes before the winds and rains stopped but it was enough to knock power out. Heard a loud boom and then a loud buzz and it had me shook for a bit tbh.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Yeah it's windy as shit rn.
bro it's been windy all day but suddenly got really bad within the last hour
Man, I thought that was just some rain.
Apparently fucking not
Hey, take it from an Ohioan who dealt with this earlier today, this shit is no joke. Took down a tree that landed right in our driveway, taking down a telephone pole, but somehow the cable and the power is still working, so those are some strong wires!
Damn, this shit doesn't happen often here so I wanted to check in and see how NYCEra is holding up
I live near Jersey City and it was like Sandy all over again except only for maybe 20 minutes before the winds and rains stopped but it was enough to knock power out. Heard a loud boom and then a loud buzz and it had me shook for a bit tbh.
Jesus, man.. I hope everything is fine now over by you, stay safe!

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Queens is a bit windy(shook my house)...and looks like there's quite some fog, but it's died down.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
It was quick, it blew through my area in like, under 10 minutes. Very windy and some hard rain but nothing too crazy. Hope everyone is ok!

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy wind, stripped all the remaining dead leaves off the trees, plus blew and old unused phone cable down off my roof, which is now dangling in front of my apartment window tormenting my cat. Seems fine now.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn here, shit was crazy, took a couple of video clips for posterity. Thankfully the worst of it was pretty brief

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I was driving home from Staten Island on the Verrazano. Hot damn. I nearly panicked on the bridge, it was moving up and down like a roller coaster. It almost got me sick.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nassau county here, strong winds but hurricane isaias was stronger, and i slept through that one.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Well that explains the power dips and sudden blast of rain. Had to run down to the basement and reconnect the Sump Pump

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've heard of sideways rain before, but THAT was sideways rain. My poor dog had to pee right when this was going down.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Got some minor flooding in my basement outside Philly. Unexpected wind / rain / hail is never welcomed.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Long prior to the advisory, i was taking the garbage out, I told my wife that its crazy windy out. Came inside and the wind just kept picking up. My son was asking if there was a tornado or hurricane. Then came the rain. It was so nasty. Then they cut in with the Tornado warning, we weren't in the warning area and it was crazy.