• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/0...-york-city-apartment-tiktok-viral-videos/amp/

"So I walk into my bathroom and… I feel cold air blowing on me," the woman, named Samantha, said in a video. "You can see my hair blowing in the cold wind."

https://www.reddit.com/r/TikTokCringe/comments/lxn0l4/look_what_she_found_behind_her_nyc_apartment/

Haven't seen this posted yet after a couple of searches. A woman inspects a cold draft coming from her bathroom...

Full video at the reddit link. Or below.

Lock me in a dark creepy place if old

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I'd use that room and essentially have a double apartment. I wouldn't be creeped out, I'd see it as a win.

Zavist

Oct 25, 2017
I would be sooo creeeped out. I would not be able to sleep in that house anymore....

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
The wall between the mirror and the other apartment is a demising wall (a wall that separates two apartments). Usually architects try to have apartments share demising walls in the bathrooms. It's easier for the plumbers. They only have to bring up one water riser pipe instead of two in two separate locations inside a building.

It's most likely not a, "creepy," hidden room and instead another apartment under renovation that stopped being worked on during the pandemic. There really is nothing more to this story than shitty carpentry and insulation.

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about from the current project I'm working on. The building only has three apartments per floor, but two share a demising wall in the bathroom. Like I said earlier, it makes it easier for the plumbers and HVAC guys (if there's a bathroom exhaust fan) to run one riser or vent to two bathrooms right next to each other and branch off to each apartment than it is to run two separate risers for two apartments.

kLZZmdQ_d.webp

Last edited:

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Add her meeting a doppelganger of herself living in the other apartment and it's a horror anthology TV show episode.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds shady - someone cut a hole on the wall to her bathroom and covered it up with a mirror??

No, apartment is designed that way. On reddit an article was linked talking about how this was common in cheaper rental houses and an actual murderer coming through said bathroom mirror is what inspired Candyman.

Saw this just now, and then the first comment came up about this.

There it is.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
When we got flooded years back we gutted the whole house. Wish we could have found a secret bunker or something. Or even cash in the wall.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
oh man was the front door for it unlocked and accessible? i would have walked out and gone back up to my apartment and acted like a empty doppelganger version of myself to scare my friends.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
That must have been a fun discovery. Of course it's obviously another apartment (what really gave it away is the fact that on the other side of the hole were vanity lights for a sink) but that's the kind of stuff you always dream of as a kid. Or at least I did, lol.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
So this seems like a hole between two apartments and the other just isn't rented.
I worked on a project where it actually was a room between buildings. Think two four story row houses that share the brick dividing wall. One was torn down years before so when we were renovating the one still there the contractor found a room on the side wall between the third and fourth floor but no door or mark on the brick or signs on the outside. Made zero sense about 4x8 with a bunch of coat hooks. Couldn't be used cause it didn't line up so we just boarded it up and left it

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
The wall between the mirror and the other apartment is a demising wall (a wall that separates two apartments). Usually architects try to have apartments share demising walls in the bathrooms. It's easier for the plumbers. They only have to bring up one water riser pipe instead of two in two separate locations inside a building.

It's most likely not a, "creepy," hidden room and instead another apartment under renovation that stopped being worked on during the pandemic. There really is nothing more to this story than shitty carpentry and insulation.

Haha. Exactly. The crew just forgot their beer.

Still. It was a fun video.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Oh, that's just a separate unit in the apartment building. Looks like the landlord or a contractor hired by the landlord just fucked up big time. There's gotta be a door that leads to that apartment. If not, I'd keep my mouth shut and knock down that wall and enjoy 2x apartment.

But if there is an access point (read: door) for the outside, fuck yeah I'd ask my landlord wtf is up.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I wish someone left an unrecognisable super hero costume on a stand in the other apartment and loads of boomerangs hanging on the wall.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
She actually went into the Silent Hill mirror version of her apartment.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about from the current project I'm working on. The building only has three apartments per floor, but two share a demising wall in the bathroom. Like I said earlier, it makes it easier for the plumbers and HVAC guys (if there's a bathroom exhaust fan) to run one riser or vent to two bathrooms right next to each other and branch off to each apartment than it is to run two separate risers for two apartments.

kLZZmdQ_d.webp
basically

fun videos but let's chill people lol

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
She should have looked for the front door to what looks like an abandoned apartment.

It does look creepy tho.