• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Poorer neighborhoods got lit up by looters last night.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
But the cops will not show all that force in those poorer neighborhoods after 8pm. They'll be in Manhattan "protecting" Soho and Times Square, but they won't be in Flatbush or Crown Heights or in Elmhurst or Mott Haven.

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
8 feels way too early
Last night was pretty bad. I think the goal is to have curfew start with lights on so hopefully more of the protestors that are not involved in the looting can get home safely before the people running around and hitting places guerilla style can get out on the streets.

The reality is the peaceful protestors are somewhat providing cover for the looters.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's not even summer yet. Millions are out of work, there's no school. Shit is about to get wild.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Poorer neighborhoods got lit up by looters last night.

We have been hit bad. Some of these people can't afford the bus fair to get out of the hood to go to the "better" pharmacies, and the ones they can get to have been decimated. Got a few local spots that boarded up but still operate.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Curfews don't seem constitutional to me. Looking into it I haven't seen many SCOTUS rulings on them at all, it seems like they have one ruling that during times of war they've found it hard to limit the president's power but obviously that doesn't work here.

So many people flaunting this shit, and rightfully so.

Anyone doing so definitely needs to be prepared to be arrested. The NYPD are fucking awful and they will not help anyone that flaunts this even if I agree with you.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone doing so definitely needs to be prepared to be arrested. The NYPD are fucking awful and they will not help anyone that flaunts this even if I agree with you.
Oh for sure, agreed- but their eyes are in so many other places at the moment that people in our part of Brooklyn are literally holding parties on the corners and stoops without interruption. Insane times!

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Oh for sure, agreed- but their eyes are in so many other places at the moment that people in our part of Brooklyn are literally holding parties on the corners and stoops without interruption. Insane times!

Haha yeah it was nice to see Oakland doing similar last night. The solidarity after weeks upon weeks of lockdown have to be nice even if I worry about the spread of COVID.

plus

Oct 25, 2017
sup guys, I've been looking to donate to some BLM movements within the NYC area but wasn't really sure where to start. idk if it's as meaningful to donate to larger movements like the ACLU or NAACP because they smaller local organizations probably need the funds more. If anybody has any pointers on where to donate to support local movements in the NYC area (I'm in Brooklyn if that helps) please let me know!