• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
When I saw the title of this thread, I was in complete disbelief. Then I saw the date this thread was made and here we are a few weeks later. More businesses have been defying orders and started doing sidewalk seating including around my neighborhood. As such, it makes sense to make the Phase 2 date the 25th.

You should have seen Domino Park last weekend. That place and East River Park was crowded with people. It didn't stop folks from bringing out booze to drink. But my party of 2 friends and I didn't get sick. You bet we wore face masks and had hand sanitizer! I didn't see many peeps wearing them around there.

If y'all really meet up before that date, I would suggest a park, a cooler, and BYOB/BYOS (bring your own snacks). Finding a public bathroom is a whole other story though lol.

So you are down to meet up at a bar for the 25? We can find a outdoor bar if Stone Creek is closed.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
So not paying any attention to what's happening in places where things re-opened this month. What a tone deaf and frankly obnoxious thread. 'Guys were new yoakahs! come on down! Infallable guidelines say it should probably be maybe alright..'

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
So not paying any attention to what's happening in places where things re-opened this month. What a tone deaf and frankly obnoxious thread. 'Guys were new yoakahs! come on down! Infallable guidelines say it should probably be maybe alright..'

Can I have the lotto numbers in a month so you can tell me what they are? We are just hoping for the best.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I read an article about Corona cases spiking I imagine how this meetup will end up.

6eyKJUs.gif

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
^I know I will be seeing you on the 25th.

City will be in phase 3 on the 6th.

So if everything keeps being 2 weeks that means Phase 4 will probably be the same week as this.

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
wow, what do you know, it's not satire huh guess a lot of people including the mods owe me an apology

Considering the weekly reports of surges in states that have opened up - including California who was lauded as having a BETTER response than New York - this still sounds like a dumb-as-fuck idea, so no.

OP
OP
dabbert

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
do people think we're not going to wear masks and take the nesscecary safety precautions as per the cdc? really confused given the support for the protests in nyc yet the moral grand standing here and borderline personal attacks on nyc era.

there is literally at most 3-4 people going to show anyway.

OP
OP
dabbert

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This poster is white btw
I'm not really sure what my skin color has to do with going to a bar once the lockdown is lifted. This is a personal attack on me from someone who is an acquaintance of mine in real life who has openly criticized both my leaving my apartment to participate in the protests and my donations to BLM related causes and a bail bond organization.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Don't care if it will be at Phase 10 when July happens, no way I'm doing any outdoor dining and drinking in NYC for who knows when.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
do people think we're not going to wear masks and take the nesscecary safety precautions as per the cdc? really confused given the support for the protests in nyc yet the moral grand standing here and borderline personal attacks on nyc era.

The fact that you can't see a difference between these two things is astounding. It might be difficult to see if you're not protesting for your own basic human rights though.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington

One is protesting being killed by police. The other is just hanging out. Do you really need to compare? Not that I'm saying don't meet, I think it's fucking dumb but enough people have already said it.

It's disgusting that you think the two are comparable though.

OP
OP
dabbert

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you can't see a difference between these two things is astounding. It might be difficult to see if you're not protesting for your own basic human rights though.
One is protesting being killed by police. The other is just hanging out. Do you really need to compare? Not that I'm saying don't meet, I think it's fucking dumb but enough people have already said it.

It's disgusting that you think the two are comparable though.
I'm just wondering at what point in my post I compared the two? There's a massive difference between a protest about a basic human right and what looks like a few people meeting up for a drink in probably August at this point when it should be okay to do so. What I was saying was that both are safe if the necessary precautions are taken, if people do not want to come out that's fine, but I really do not appreciate you putting words into my mouth but whatever, Era gotta Era.

Status
Not open for further replies.