• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
WASHINGTON — The Justice Department told federal prosecutors in an email early on Wednesday that the law allowed them to send armed federal officers to ballot-counting locations around the country to investigate potential voter fraud, according to three people who described the message.

The email created the specter of the federal government intimidating local election officials or otherwise intervening in vote tallying amid calls by President Trump to end the tabulating in states where he was trailing in the presidential race, former officials said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/04/us/politics/justice-department-armed-officers-election.html

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

Probably posted already but deserves it's own thread.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Until such time as we get confirmation that the Justice Department is sending out armed agents and those armed agents are actually interfering with the count, I wouldn't panic. It's a legal memo from the Justice Department telling its prosecutors what it thinks it can do with its federal agents. These are not yet marching orders, and, if they were, we would've seen it at ballot-counting locations by now.

May 21, 2018
It sounds like to me it's the justice department's own interpretation? Can't the states just interpret the law their own way and bar federal agents from entering? If the feds try with force, then I don't see how that helps the feds look legitimate.

A shootout between state troopers and federal agents sounds like civil war to me.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This might be a good thing. There are cameras in all of these places with watchers. The angry mobs of trump fanatics are starting to form outside the offices. These guys hopefully are for protection.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017

Yep and not just usa ones, other countries have news there live too, it isn't like they can secretly walk in and start shit, this is probably more to placate trump who is freaking the fuck out and demanding it be done, this is just to shut the idiot up.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
This might be a good thing. There are cameras in all of these places with watchers. The angry mobs of trump fanatics are starting to form outside the offices. These guys hopefully are for protection.

Might be wrong about the location, but I think people in Detroit were actually inside yelling at the people counting to stop lol.

EDIT; I think the video I seen earlier was edited or something.

Last edited:

Deleted member 83122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 15, 2020
It doesn't sound like marching orders, but could def be abused in a particular situation. From what I've heard ballot counting is a somber boring detail and the idea of needing armed security just doesn't sound right.