• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
According to his sub-reddit a some sort of cult was apparently manipulating him in to giving them cash, and some believe he might've left his stuff and gone to Florida to join them. I don't know how much of that is true, but it would be better than him killing himself (hopefully).
I'd rather than then what it's currently looking like.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
as someone who suffers from pretty bad depression and mental issues, the mod in question needs to be ashamed of himself and should be de-modded at a bare minimum. Frankly being dismissive towards stuff like this in general regardless of who you are is disgusting, but a member of the staff doing that is a whole other thing in of itself.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I sincerely hope it's a prank. I'll be pissed off if it was, but I really hope it's a prank or he didn't jump and he's just hiding. I'll take those two choices any day over actual suicide.

I know the circumstances are looking real grim but I just want to believe that there is at least an ending where he is alive.

I'm okay with being mocked as melodramatic or being high and mighty, just as long as he is alive. I already went through something similar once with a friend. And even though I don't know Etika and haven't been really happy with his choices lately, it's still a matter of life and death.
Even if this were a prank(which would be preferable to him being dead), it's a sign that he has mental health issues that and that's something to be concerned with without the fear of being mocked. The fact you have to worry about that is telling of how messed up the responses to this situation have been from a lot of people.

This is pretty disingenuous. At that point the post was fine. No one knew this would happen. It's only now that this, that it turns out it didn't age well.
You could literally never post anything about anybody if you always take in future implications.
At that point it was apparent that Etika had mental health issues. The thread even mentioned how he seemed suicidal and his friends had trouble contacting him. That's not something you just brush off or make light of.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
This is pretty disingenuous. At that point the post was fine. No one knew this would happen. It's only now that this, that it turns out it didn't age well.
You could literally never post anything about anybody if you always take in future implications.
Nope. The post was disgusting at the time, too. It was a thread about a SUICIDE NOTE of a person with clear mental health problems. It was disgusting then and it's disgusting now.

ChakosCough

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap.... have to admit, I'm not too big into the whole YouTube scene but I decided to watch some reaction videos to Nintendo's E3 and came across his. Loved his energy and passion. Hope this turns out for the better....

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Ugh, seeing this headline brings back some bad memories. A cousin of mine had committed suicide a couple years ago in much the same way. Some of their stuff was found right on the walkway on the bridge.

Here's to hoping that while going there, he opted not to go through with it and simply left some things behind and maybe just ran off and maybe either find some help or is just still wandering his way back home.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
I beg to differ. Posting something paramount to "I can see you're suicidal, and I don't care" is absolutely not something the representatives of this community should be saying, let alone publically.

I agree. Imagine a regular poster posting that GIF on any sensitive threads here. You're surely getting banned.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017

No, it absolutely wasn't fine. I posted in that thread at the time commenting on how disgusted I was by people's comments there. Go back and look.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That post was made in a thread about a video where he basically announced his suicide. Get the fuck outta here with this downplaying. And don't you dare telling others they are being disingenuous. Watch your own doorstep.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone should report that Professor Beef comment. Horrible. Dude should be demoted and banned.

I really hope Etika is ok :(

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you have someone in your life who is showing some signs of being depressed or going through some stuff, please talk to them.

Normalize the idea that mental illness is something we have to treat.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
When we're talking about the potential suicide of a person who has a history of mental health issues.
I don't know if that was publicly known, at least. Every time he got admitted to a hospital for his own safety, he would come out shortly after with a fairly clean bill of (mental) health. He had apologized for his behavior at times and claimed he was just being edgy, so people probably took him at face value. Of course, his behavior was very bizarre at times, but random strangers on the internet aren't qualified to diagnose him (and that's something that I think happens too often).

Pelican

Oct 26, 2017
I really do hope this turns out with him alive. I've only seen snippets of content, but the guy seemed very up beat and passionate with a loving fanbase when I was looking through older content. Under the struggle, there's clearly someone with a lot to offer there.

I am glad to see people sharing the same views in this thread I had when reading the other threads. I spent the better part of five years caring full time for a parent who, through increasing mental illness, burned every bridge, and even tried to burn mine in the bad states. It's a VERY difficult thing to wrap one's head around, but at the least if people are not understanding, they shouldn't be driving by with hateful comments.

And to you all struggling yourselves, I don't have much to offer from here but I am rooting for you. <3

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Temporarily locking the thread while we review reports

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I want to apologize for the insensitive gif I posted in the previous thread on this topic.

At the time I was convinced it was another hoax, but I should have understood that mental health should never be taken lightly or joked about under any circumstances. I fucked up. I understand why people are mad at me. I can tell you that the rest of the staff is upset about what I posted, and I apologize to them as well.

I really do hope that Etika is alright, and I'm sorry for the hurt and offense that I caused.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Thread is being rebooted.

For the record, Professor Beef feels absolutely horrible about all of this and has has chosen to step down from the team. This was his choice, and it's one that we respect. We hope that everyone will appreciate that he recognized a mistake and took responsibility for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.