• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Very sad. Considering the extreme lack of empathy regarding his situation, I am unsurprised but nonetheless disappointed by this. The holier-than-thou responses in that last thread were needlessly cruel and this is proof as to why.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like we should treat mental health issues seriously.

I hope I'm wrong but... if he's gone, RIP.
Forreal. This place is horrible when it comes to shit like this. Niggas in that other thread were wilding, just as bad as GAF when it comes to certain shit.

As for Etika I really hope he's found safe. Finding all of his stuff is wild but there's still hope. Wow.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Reform. Therapy shouldn't cost a fortune/should be subsidized. Healthcare in general in the states seems like it has issues.
Thing is he is not getting any help.

He also lives in NYC where we have a lot of free and low cost mental health services.

It seems the only real option for him is those expensive treatment centers. The ones where rich celebrities get checked in. But I doubt he has that cheddar. So you're right there.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
The more I watched the more I saw him go down a questionable path but I never knew how much was 'just for luls' like a he said a lot of his behavior was and actually dangerous. Like drinking constantly on stream every single time at one point, I didn't know if I was being a prude or he just took things too far.

Then all the meltdowns happened and it was hard to give him any attention after that... and now this. It's just real sad.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really hoping this is a stunt and he just let those items there on purpose. Mental health is not something to dismiss, even if he is a Youtuber and has done dumb stuff in the past, that does not mean that we should ignore him.

Especially because his friends have tried their best to reach him.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Thing is he is not getting any help.

He also lives in NYC where we have a lot of free and low cost mental health services.

Thing is, even in my country where its free for people who need it, some of the services treated me like shit and one of the therapists seemed like he just hated his job. There's a big disconnect when someone is helping you because they're expected to rather than because they genuinely want to.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
What's with dudes being scared that someone might trick them on the internet rather than worry about another human's life?

You'd think being tricked is just as bad as a gunshot wound according to ERA.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Surreal watching this unfold after the message he put out that read like a farewell letter.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
"— while canvassing the Manhattan Bridge Wednesday night, cops found Amofah's New York State driver's license, along with several other cards and his wallet.
They also found his cell phone, a black and red Nintendo Switch and a laptop bag believed to belong to Amofah, which contained a pair of boxers, a shirt, shorts and headphones, police sources said."

Damn, man...this doesn't sound good. Praying for him.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I hope he's found safe and getting the help he needs. This isn't a great sign though.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck every single person in that last thread who said "who cares" or "he's doing it for attention"

No matter the outcome here those users shouldn't be welcome here... including the mod who was part of it. Disgusting behavior all round.

Mar 23, 2018
I was(am) still subscribed to his first channel, the Tr1iceman one, so I woke up to that "I'm sorry" video a couple of days ago and I thought "Oh, I hope this means he's finally accepting help". That video was not what I was expecting because it really seemed like a goodbye for his own sake, and with good reason, but I'm hoping it's not that kind of goodbye but rather leaving his "Etika" side behind.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
"— while canvassing the Manhattan Bridge Wednesday night, cops found Amofah's New York State driver's license, along with several other cards and his wallet.
They also found his cell phone, a black and red Nintendo Switch and a laptop bag believed to belong to Amofah, which contained a pair of boxers, a shirt, shorts and headphones, police sources said."

He wouldnt just leave those behind..... It's getting too close...

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018

Man....

Joegrine_25
Can you add this to the OP please.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Seeing the full list of things cops found... my stomach just dropped.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
This is looking really bad. I hope he's all right. He needs serious help.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Fuck every single person in that last thread who said "who cares" or "he's doing it for attention"

No matter the outcome here those users shouldn't be welcome here... including the mod who was part of it. Disgusting behavior all round.

Yeah like it's really fucking sad how a mod here was jumping into the hate bandwagon. They shouldn't encourage shit like that.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unless you hold him against his will, I don't know what can be done.
In this instance right here? Not much more other than what you said. In future cases, the glass ceiling of admitting mental health is one of the most predominant killers in younger people, especially men, still hasn't really entered the social conscience, regardless of how much compelling evidence there is in this day and age. Outreach for people suffering with mental and emotional issues is indeed better than it ever has been, but the often perceived (and still often accurately perceived) 'stigma' of having these issues, and not self identying or admitting to them early enough leaves a lot of people in the similar situations as Etika here. Malcontent towards even flippant expressions of mental instability or the idea of committing suicide, not unlike what we've seen online surrounding this story, are signs that we really aren't close to treating mental health issues as well as we could be.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He became a victim of social media, I feel bad for the guy. I noticed he slowly but surely began to get more and more insane and depressed. Hope he's ok. Was the SWAT video real? Either way the dude needs help.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Damn. I sincerely hope he's okay but right now, I doubt it.
Mental health, physical health, the US really need to get their shit right, a lot of people are dying and suffering because of the unfair mishandling of health in general in this country.

Mylonite

May 15, 2019
This should be a lesson for some of those heartless comments posted in the previous thread. I'm still hoping for the best, but man is this depressing stuff to hear about.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
I seen a few of this reaction videos...too much energy for me but he seemed like a decent cat. Regardless of what he did/said....NO ONE deserves to be ridiculed and poked at if there's mental health at stake. Hope he turns up safe

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Goddamn, I really liked Etika. He's enthusiasm was infectious. His reaction videos, especially Cloud in Smash, was simply epic.

I really hope he is ok.
I quite liked his XC2 playthrough videos, those were great. The hype at some points were through the roof, really funny guy.

I hope he is still safe out there somewhere. Damn.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
A phone is the kind of personal belonging you don't just leave somewhere. Neither would be a switch if you were attached to it in someway as I know he is. This is bad

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
He became a victim of social media, I feel bad for the guy. I noticed he slowly but surely began to get more and more insane and depressed. Hope he's ok. Was the SWAT video real? Either way the dude needs help.
Yeah the video was real.

A lot of us saw Etika getting worse and worse as time passed and while a lot of us noticed it and commented on it a good amount were saying crap like "this is a joke, fuck him" and other shit like that. Might just be me but when I see someone having mental issues I don't pile on them. It was sad to see.

Some people think like shit here.
Yep. It's sad.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
At this point it seems unlikely he's alive if they still can't find him.

Every single person saying we shouldn't pay attention to this shit in the other thread deserves to be permanently banned.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very worrying.
Hoping he is found safely and gets the help he needs.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
It was clear to me when he started drinking alcohol more often. I feel like he felt a lot of pressure to entertain and had a lot of fear of failing/letting down

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus...

I highly doubt it's a prank at this point, but I hope it is just so he can be alive. I can't believe it escalated to this point.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Even if this is just a stunt, he's clearly not well mentally. No rational person would do this.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Man, I'm really hoping nothing has happened to him. Is he still missing?

I know he puts on a lot of shit on camera but there's clearly a lot of shit at play behind the scenes that just got to him. It's human.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
A phone is the kind of personal belonging you don't just leave somewhere. Neither would be a switch if you were attached to it in someway as I know he is. This is bad
Driver's license , and credit cards are a huge red flag for me.
I hope he's found safe, and can get the help he needs.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
People with mental issues do stupid shit, that's why you should take it seriously.

It's really hard for me to participate on this kind of thread because of my anxiety. I liked Etika, but that doesn't mean I support some of his stupid shit. But that also doesn't mean that you just ignore the possibilities of Mental health issues he has.

If he hopefully survives, I really hope people would attend to his issues seriously.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about Era basically cancelling him and acting like he's always acting and lying because... he said the F-word... while having a mental breakdown because of clear mental health issues... and after being completely LGBT supportive in the past. I kept saying that if mental health issues can make you do crazy stuff like killing yourself or hurting others, it can certainly make you say stuff you don't actually agree with. But no, he did bad stuff while having a mental breakdown so he's a clown and fakes stuff.

Even when a thread was made regarding his suicide note, people were like "yeah fuck him" "whatever he's lying" etc.

If he's really gone, this community should really think about whether maybe, just maybe, we should be a bit more serious about mental health issues.

Agreed.

It might sound dumb, but i really like that meme that goes "if you are unkind to unkind people, you are one of them"

I get that there is a certain emotional high that comes with attacking people onlne, but if you have a workng conscience ( and not everyone here does), you should be more kind to unkind people.

Status
Not open for further replies.