• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I didnt realize it hit Suffolk County where I live. Fuck.

I knew this was coming, not surprised. JFK and La Guardia are big international airports maybe JFK more but damn it. This sucks.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I can't work from home so unless the situation gets extremely dire and the building closes then yeah, right now I'm just being extra careful.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
I take the 7 train from Main Street to Time Square day and night for work. My workplace is in the heart of Time Square and it's honestly crazy that they haven't issued work from home emails yet.

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
Company suggested to work from home this week. By next week, I don't think any person capable of working remotely will be required to come in.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Boss texted me last night. To make sure I can connect from home. They are getting ready to pull the trigger on work from home soon.

A week away from the office won't do shit though, a month perhaps would be better.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I didnt realize it hit Suffolk County where I live. Fuck.

I knew this was coming, not surprised. JFK and La Guardia are big international airports maybe JFK more but damn it. This sucks.
It was just bound to getting enough tests out there.

With the amount of people in Long Island who work in the city / jersey / Connecticut it was bound to happen.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
It was just bound to getting enough tests out there.

With the amount of people in Long Island who work in the city / jersey / Connecticut it was bound to happen.
This. You can't have a bustling city like NYC and not expect it to spread all over the tristate area and beyond. It's full of people that come in for business or personal reasons daily and when exposed will take it right back with them. Add in subways and public transportation and ugh. Wait till tests are readily available... numbers are going to skyrocket and we might have to pull an Italy.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
This. You can't have a bustling city like NYC and not expect it to spread all over the tristate area and beyond. It's full of people that come in for business or personal reasons daily and when exposed will take it right back with them. Add in subways and public transportation and ugh. Wait till tests are readily available... numbers are going to skyrocket and we might have to pull an Italy.
Never,

we will just grind through it.

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
My brother got word to work from home the rest of the week.

Meanwhile my company is just telling us to wash our hands.

Noticed a much emptier L train this morning

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
It's right before the full on season of NY and Connecticut people invading my area for vacation. I'm pretty fucking nervous about that. Barnstable county on cape cod is the oldest county in New England in terms of age. Shit is not going to be good here soon.
Stay safe NY and Connecticut people.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
My ass is driving into the city then relying on the trains for work with this shit for the rest of the month.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Majority of my job involves direct contact with bank customers and employees...im screwed.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
what happens at the end of the month?
Same question I have...

I'm guessing he's thinking about the 2 week incubation period, but that only matters if everyone is exposed at the same time. So, *shrugs*

I thought one of the infected was an uber driver no?
I'd rather 1 v 1 that shit rather than it being you and a bus or train full of potentials.

Sounds expensive AF. Where are you parking?
How much is your life worth? :p

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Same question I have...

I'm guessing he's thinking about the 2 week incubation period, but that only matters if everyone is exposed at the same time. So, *shrugs*

I'd rather 1 v 1 that shit rather than it being you and a bus or train full of potentials.

How much is your life worth? :p
Is the dude a high-risk group? 60 and up or immunodeficient?

I'm still taking the subway. I just gotta watch not to touch my face.

People are getting too paranoid.

Last edited:

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Imagine if they need to cancel public school in all five boroughs to get a handle on this? People would go batshit crazy.

Are we at that point yet?

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if CUNY and NYC public schools will close, I feel like it'll be too late by time they do. The whole situation will be a headache.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
My company installed a hand sanitizer station near the front door! Thank goodness, I was worried they weren't going to take proactive measures before it was too late. We're saved!

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So many of my students here in CT have parents who commute to NYC every day, there's no way it hasn't gotten a foothold here as well.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
My company installed a hand sanitizer station near the front door! Thank goodness, I was worried they weren't going to take proactive measures before it was too late. We're saved!
At least you get that. Company email last week basically told everyone to wash their hands frequently.

They didn't even provide extra soap..

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
The Positive: I just got a new full time job position in NYC. It is a real good position, right now I am just working as a almost full time contractor so it will be great to have a 401k again, etc., so I am super excited for the opportunity. Right now my tentative start date is March 30th.
The Negative: I plan on taking public transportation in from New Jersey so yeah. Not so excited about that considering everything going down, but I have to approach it all is it is what it is.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they start closing Shake Shacks then that would be a clear sign NY has fallen. I have faith we will develop a vaccine before the rest of the country.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does NYS have detailed demographic reporting like Ontario, CA does? All I see is number of cases by county but no ages, etc.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Sounds expensive AF. Where are you parking?
I go in once or twice a week but majority of my clients are in Manhattan so I just scout for cheap parking before heading in.

Trying to avoid taking NJT and the subway til this chills out or if my company is halting onsite service calls. (I work in managed IT).

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Our kid's school is closing Friday. There was a planned spring break starting next week, but for some reason they decided that one extra day on Friday was necessary.

BossDumDrum

Jan 3, 2020
School of Visual Arts announced a complete closure for this current week. All following weeks will be online classes until further notice.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
SUNY needs to get on top of this. Big private colleges like Syracuse, Cornell, etc are going all online for the rest of the semester. I teach at a small community college in Upstate NY but we get about 25% of our students from NYC area. We have spring break next week so they will all be going downstate for the week then coming back up here the week after. Seems like a great way to spread it. If they announced that all classes the rest of the semester are going to be online it would give students a chance to clean out their dorms etc before going home. But now there's only 2 days left in the week before they leave so there's almost no time left.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SUNY needs to get on top of this. Big private colleges like Syracuse, Cornell, etc are going all online for the rest of the semester. I teach at a small community college in Upstate NY but we get about 25% of our students from NYC area. We have spring break next week so they will all be going downstate for the week then coming back up here the week after. Seems like a great way to spread it. If they announced that all classes the rest of the semester are going to be online it would give students a chance to clean out their dorms etc before going home. But now there's only 2 days left in the week before they leave so there's almost no time left.

They're waiting for word from government instead of being leaders/proactive about this.