• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...would absolutely be surprised if my office doesn't do work from home.

Tanston

Nov 29, 2017
Saratoga is so close to my area my wife went there for dinner last night. I am in my mid 40's with hypertension and lately all my colds have been really bad, i dont have a good feeling about my odds of making it thru this with minor symptoms šŸ˜•.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Living in Brooklyn, and debating whether to head out to the city now or just spend the next few weeks indoors outside work and family.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, that shit is probably everywhere in NY now. I already told some elderly relatives not to panic when testing reveals that several thousand people are already infected nationwide. Might even be tens of thousands by the end of March. Panic will be our second worst enemy throughout this ordeal. Only Trump will be a bigger obstacle to us getting through this safely.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Boy New York really hates Trump that much huh?

It's not so much that we hate him, but rather that he's the shitstain troll that all of us have packed away in the dumpster and occasionally bring out for entertainment. But now you got idiot stunads who just had to make him relevant again, and now we have to deal with and clean up after their collective dumbfuckery.

Case in point: *gestures at this whole bullshit*

That's what we hate.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
This is giving me major anxiety being from Manhattan, guess I gotta stop following the news so close. Makes it hard to breathe at times.

I wonder if some feel like me at times.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It hasn't hit Suffolk county yet BUT that's because lack of test kits. In reality a large majority of people who live out there work in the city or have spouses that work in the city or in Nassau county (where it is now)

i mean a different county is just a invisible line that ain't stopping shit.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Still taking the subway. I do have a cough. Doubt its COVID19 since it's the only real symptom and it was appearing before the cases. If I get other symptoms I'll get checked out. I've been working from home since.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
NYC is a major worldwide hub for traveling. It's only a matter of time we get reports from other states...

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Yea this case will only go up. If NY got this so will all east coast gonna be in the same situation. Its foolish to think otherwise.
All anyone can do is slow down the inevitable. its going to be part of our future for always like the flu is. No way it'll ever disappear.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
This is making me consider stocking up on stuff for the first time, and I kind of hate that I'm getting nervous.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
What's the reason there are so many cases in westchester? are they all new ones or what happened there?

Oct 27, 2017
What's the reason there are so many cases in westchester? are they all new ones or what happened there?
It's currently believed to be all from the one lawyer. A few NY residents work in CT hospitals and now people are self-quarantining. But there's another reported contact in CT and indeed.com's office has temporarily closed. My wife's office building had a reported contact, person is self-quarantining and people are preparing to work from home if that call is made.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
At this point I've accepted that it's inevitable that I'll get it and there's nothing I can do to prevent it. Maybe drink a nice Corona while waiting for the Corona.

Good year for not getting Yankee season tickets though.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I have to fly there from Europe in exactly 1 month.

How screwed am I?

In the US or in Europe, as long as you don't start living like a social recluse, you're screwed either way. It's not even certain there will still be commercial planes flying in a month, with airports being a prime location for spreading the virus.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
I go to school here in NYC and they where emailing us a lot before about all of this but have been a lot more silent since it actually hit here lol

Kind of just accepting my fate of what will happen lmao, especially on the metro multiple times a week and 3 other room-mates

julian

Oct 27, 2017
NYC Officials: we are declaring a state of emergency!
NYC Parents: What a nice day! Let's take the kids to the playground!

Yeah, nobody gives a shit here. I've never seen this playground so crowded. It's kinda funny. I even heard some little kids talking about the virus and how they have to wash their hands, but everybody is still running around, playing and sharing toys.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC Officials: we are declaring a state of emergency!
NYC Parents: What a nice day! Let's take the kids to the playground!

Yeah, nobody gives a shit here. I've never seen this playground so crowded. It's kinda funny. I even heard some little kids talking about the virus and how they have to wash their hands, but everybody is still running around, playing and sharing toys.

state of emergency is to open up funding and lessen bureaucracy, not a signal for society to shut down.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
This is making me consider stocking up on stuff for the first time, and I kind of hate that I'm getting nervous.

If you're concerned that you might catch this and need to self-isolate, sure. You could just stick to the shelf stable stuff and soap and not worry so much about whatever is being purchased in a panic.

Washing your hands regularly with soap and water is also useful even when you can't use Purell, though I noticed that even dish soap was a bit low in stock when I shopped over the weekend. Go to Trader Joe's if you're near one of them - they seem to be working hard to maintain supply of a lot of the basics.