• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
So I wasn't expecting to see the last guardian running at 60 fps, I didn't know that game wasn't locked to 30, mainly because it was never anywhere near 30 fps lol

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
So I wasn't expecting to see the last guardian running at 60 fps, I didn't know that game wasn't locked to 30, mainly because it was never anywhere near 30 fps lol

It got close on the Pro when I played but I've heard the performance on base PS4 was horrible.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
The more I see the differences in different game configs, the more I think devs should split the functions of the Resolution and Performance options into two separate options. Allow the user to set resolution and framerate preferences independently.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
That's a good shout actually... I'll grab my disc copy and try that

giphy.gif

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone notice the texture streaming issues on the first testing scene of Days Gone? Both on the mural and the burlap sack, didn't expect that running of an SSD.

daysgonelejnh.png

EDIT: Mystery solved, it was just running from an external drive.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Is this when we find out NXgamer can't see framerates? 😱

Please take this as gentle ribbing. I'm a fan!

edit: i was watching on mobile so i couldn't see it in 60fps but it's really there. HOW??

Last edited:

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
DF said in their MM analysis that they didn't have access to the remaster. Either it's literally just been released to the press, or that's that PS4 version...
Thats the unfinished released footage of the remaster on PS5, the quality is just very compressed in that picture/video.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
DF said in their MM analysis that they didn't have access to the remaster. Either it's literally just been released to the press, or that's that PS4 version...
They have just analyzed the official SM Remastered gameplay video:

www.youtube.com

Spiderman: Remastered - Tech & Performance Preview | PS5 | PRO

With the big day approaching, Sony are putting out more gameplay of what we can expect on the PS5. Up first in my heavy months to come is a good look and com...

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
If TLG is 60fps, I will attempt another go.
I still feel bad I stopped because I hated the controls so much.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Great news about TLG. I guess it never ever went over 30 even in pro so people assumed it was capped?

With this the biggest items remaining in my 'devs pls uncap' list are Crash Team Racing, Bloodborne and Spyro.

Edit: oh, only unpatched physical version? the dream remains dead then.

Last edited:

Baron Bliss

Oct 31, 2017
If The Last Guardian only runs at 60fps on the unpatched disc version is that the one you'd get if you bought a copy right now? Sadly I only havw the digital version but would absolutely rebuy it on disc if it meant getting that performance bump.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Im really confused as to whether TLG is 60fps or not reading this thread lol
I think the day 1 patch of the game capped the frame rate to 30, because even the DF video of the analysis shows the frame rate to be capped at 30. So this could possibly a case where only the unpatched disk version can hit 60 fps, similar to AC unity.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I think the day 1 patch of the game capped the frame rate to 30, because even the DF video of the analysis shows the frame rate to be capped at 30. So this could possibly a case where only the unpatched disk version can hit 60 fps, similar to AC unity.

Gotcha - hopefully to be clarified soon

A real shame if it's just that, all those getting it via PS+ Collection will be SOL

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Why is nobody covering God of War? Do they only have a select amount of titles they're allowed to cover?

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Why is nobody covering God of War? Do they only have a select amount of titles they're allowed to cover?

I did in the vid I posted earlier - It's a locked 30 in "resolution" mode, locked 60 in "performance" mode (which renders at 1080p then upscales)