• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good to see.

On the flip side I tried Star Wars Squadrons PSVR last night and it still looked bad to me, maybe slightly better, but not much. Hope it gets another patch.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Saw the patreon mail for this when I got up this morning but did not have a chance to watch it yet. I played a bit of Blood and Truth yesterday but it's been so long since I played this, I honestly couldn't tell if anything was different.

Looking forward to watch this when I get home today.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Not sure I'll bother with PSVR since it only supports HDMI2.0b apparently.

PSVR is old-gen and as such never shipped with HDMI 2.1 ports. There are two versions, CUH-ZVR1 (no HDR) and CUH-ZVR2 (HDR), but either way, way before shipping HDMI 2.1 devices. You also need the camera adapter (ordered online through Sony) which the OP video covers early on; the PS5 camera will not work. (And the adapter appears to just be that, a plug adapter from PS4 Camera proprietary to USB3.)

If you're currently rolling with an HDMI 2.1 TV then yeah, I wouldn't keep the VR passthrough in the loop all the time, but it's not super hard to just unplug when you need to, either. It's just a bit of a cable mess...

Oct 27, 2017
PSVR is old-gen and as such never shipped with HDMI 2.1 ports. There are two versions, CUH-ZVR1 (no HDR) and CUH-ZVR2 (HDR), but either way, way before shipping HDMI 2.1 devices. You also need the camera adapter (ordered online through Sony) which the OP video covers early on; the PS5 camera will not work. (And the adapter appears to just be that, a plug adapter from PS4 Camera proprietary to USB3.)

If you're currently rolling with an HDMI 2.1 TV then yeah, I wouldn't keep the VR passthrough in the loop all the time, but it's not super hard to just unplug when you need to, either. It's just a bit of a cable mess...

Ah you're not wrong, but my media cabinet is struggling as it is lol.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Wish GT Sport would get a VR update with support for more AI cars and times of day. Never gonna happen though, and I assume GT7 won't even support VR until PSVR 2 is out.

The wait is going to fucking kill me. Hope Codies F1 jumps onto PSVR 2 as well.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017

You could use an HDMI 2.1 capable female-to-female coupler when not using PSVR. Saves you from having to swap cables from the PS5 or your TV.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
I would love to play Blood & Truth again but I will await better controller tracking with the PS5. Game was really polished and a great ride. Only game where I can say I have been able to simultaneously DJ while shooting a gun in my other hand.

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017
The PSVR user experience is not very convenient in PS5. PSVR occupies two USB slots, add another for an external SSD and you are left with just one to charge your controllers (not to mention that using the frontal ports when the console is in vertical orientation looks pretty bad), then you also lose HDMI 2.1 when using the passthrough, and switching HDMI cables between the passthrough box and the TV is a pain in the ass...

RedShift_

Jul 24, 2018
ps8bj40.jpg

You can really see the LOD (look at the barrel) and texture difference in this one:
ps21wjk0.jpg

That's pretty nice! I still need to finish it. I might as well wait for my Ps5 to get here, then