• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kept the disc version after amazon return it to me when i traded a lot of games last year because the case didn't match lol. I guess i got lucky.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
This is fascinating. We've found ourselves in a position where the original 1.0 unpatched version on the physical PS4 disc is the only way to get 60fps/best performance on the PS5? Lol

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Physical only? Fuck that lol...

I hope there is some movement to force them to release a patch with framerate unlock then... :(

Claydol

Jan 10, 2018
Rome
John said that he hasn't tried witouth patch so it's not the UK limited edition only. I think it' every physical edition that have the unlocked framerate.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
In a just world there is an obscure version of Bloodborne that runs at 60 :'(

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's good news if confirmed. I guess because the PS4 Pro can't even reach 40fps reliably even in less demanding areas I interpreted that as still being locked to 30fps.

Flounder

Oct 28, 2017
That ISN'T the Japanese version but the ShopTo (UK) version:

ef980a525c1151ba0cd73fa78e3bd82a.png

I thought that was the Japanese version at first too, just checked my collection and I have this same version!

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is it not the case that, when the CONSOLE OUTPUT on ps4 pro is set to 1080p with supersampling disabled, TLG would target 1080p60, whereas if the CONSOLE OUTPUT was set to 4k it would target the higher resolution mode?

maybe there is a way to trick the ps5 into that same mode?

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
So the only way that this is possible without a patch is that the game never had a 30 fps lock, but rather double buffered vsync, correct?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Great, that's the version I have. But I bought it from base.com and has that yellow dot on the front (so I guess it's the UK version for the middle eastern market or whatever).

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank goodness. Could never get into it initially thanks to the atrocious frame rate, now I'll actually give it a playtrhrough!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
John said that he hasn't tried witouth patch so it's not the UK limited edition only. I think it' every physical edition that have the unlocked framerate.

I would guess that that ShopTo version in NX's picture is just the normal version with a cardboard sleeve over it anyway? Doubt it'd be a different version printed on the disc just for a retailer specific cover.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just looking at my physical copy on the shelf in its own section for the other Team Ico games... oh boy.

Sony need to patch this and get rid of the framerate lock

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
I would guess that that ShopTo version in NX's picture is just the normal version with a cardboard sleeve over it anyway? Doubt it'd be a different version printed on the disc just for a retailer specific cover.

It is just a cardboard sleeve, you're right. There is no difference to the product code number or anything between this and any EU release.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
So who is making a thread to raise awareness of this in hopes of getting someone in Japan Studio to patch out the frame cap lol.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Just bought that exact same one as NX has on eBay. I need me some 60fps goodness. I hope this game gets a general patch/unlocked framerate so everyone can enjoy it.