• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Phenomenal game and the inconsistent framerate was definitely a downside. Looks like the ps5 more than addresses this issue!

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
NXGamer is getting bombarded right now. 😂

Poor guy is likely wondering why he has so many @s on social media. They all want in.

TKM

Oct 28, 2017
I've got to replay this as soon as I manage to order a PS5. TLG was one of my favorite games of all time even at 23 FPS.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, posted a little while ago:

www.resetera.com

NXGamer: Playstation 5 - Backwards Compatibility Enhanced | Backlog Boosters

I heard your cries and requests, so I have got my first Vast Look into the PS5 BC level of performance. Want to know about Sekiro, Days Gone, Jedi Fallen order, Ghost Of Tsushima and more, this is the video for you. And what about that The Last Guardian ;-) Part 2 will be up shorty as split up...
This definitely deserves a dedicated thread!

fucking amazing, can't wait

and it's in PS collection so everyone can enjoy it

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I never finished this on PS4, now I have no excuse. PS5 can't get here quick enough. This extra week we have to wait in the UK is going to drag :(

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Eden-prime

May 21, 2020
Best news i've heard yet. Frame rates on Ps4 was so atrocious to the point where i stop playing it. Now i can't wait to go back and finish it.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Was it capped using double buffered vsync? That could explain the bump to 60 FPS. Never played the original so I have no idea.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet. I thought the performance on the Pro was fine, but 60fps and 4k is a pretty big upgrade. Might give it a replay.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017

Well Game Boost can't exceed locked framerates. Either the 4K Pro version was unlocked all along and just never had the GPU/CPU headroom to ever actually exceed 30fps, or the framerate was unlocked in when the game was last patched, in July looks like.

Edit. Unpatched physical/japanese version. Doesn't really apply to most the.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Was it capped using double buffered vsync? That could explain the bump to 60 FPS. Never played the original so I have no idea.
I was thinking something similar (actually expecting this is the case for Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone), but John from DF said he didn't see an improvement on PS5 with TLG, so uh...

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
So the physical japanese version is uncapped?

Fix this shit Guerrilla.

Edit: not japanese version as explained below

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
WTF

If this requires the physical disc I'm fucked. I sold it with my Pro due to it being in the PS+ Collection.

Feb 23, 2019
How difficult is it for all these popular last gen games to just receive an unlocked patch?

For BC purposes in the future, it seems like an uncapped option and uncapped resolution should be STANDARD.....

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
Would be interesting if ONLY the UK disc versions (which NX Gamer has, its a special cover - own the same copy here) can reach 60. One game i'd love to try at 60 but bought the PS5 DE instead :(

Mokubba

Oct 27, 2017
What a mystery.
Still got the steel book version in my backlog so that's good to hear but I still don't know from both threads how it's working lol

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Every physical version is likely the same, games dont typically get updated for regions I think.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I have the most hideous feeling I sold my UK version of the game.

I don't really remember selling it though. But I can't find it.

Also that cover is astonishing. So good.