• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is it, Era?

• RTX Refresh

Votes: 315 21.6%
  • New Titan

Votes: 448 30.7%
  • Super Switch

Votes: 696 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Titan RTX 2. $3299.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
I'm 99.999999999% sure this related to the RTX Refreshs that my Insider boi's have been telling me about. And from what i've gathered on that, its gonna be pretty underwhelming in the grand scheme of things.

Howevers theres also the chance it could be the new Shield device, and that actually would be exciting so yes please.

Also, it's not the Super Switch, lol. But it should be called that when it does eventually turn up. Not of a Nvidia youtube video mind you

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
the "please don't buy Navi" edition

If the Saphire blog post (that they quickly removed) is correct, AMD's got that covered all by themselves. Saphire was claiming the $399 Navi was a RTX 2060 "beater" and the $499 Navi was a RTX 2070 "beater". Neither card has dedicated RTX hardware. So no one in their right mind is going to buy a RTX 2070 "beater" when you can get the RTX 2070 for less money (and get ray tracing with it). Saphire is a long time partner, so there's good reason to believe they know what the details are.

https://techreport.com/news/34602/r...light-courtesy-of-a-loose-lipped-sapphire-rep

As techreport wisely pointed out, there are no bad products, just bad prices. Those are bad prices if it turns out true.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
If Super Switch is announced in 2019 I'm offering my Nintendo library to the lord of light

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Sweet. Thank you for sharing.

Since I am hoping for a new graphics cards and am in desperate need of a good graphics card I can confirm that this in fact won't be a graphics card but something unrelated which is totally boring like nvidia shield.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At least I think we got a new name for our Pro Switch in future discussion, it always sounded so dull to me. Super Switch rolls better off the tongue.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
A new Shield device would be nice. It could be RTX with faster VRAM to fend off AMD in the middle of the product stack.

If it was a Switch then I'd expect Nintendo to be the one teasing.

Oct 25, 2017
It's Super Nintendo Switch
giphy.gif

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all wilding about the Super Switch thing lmao

It's going to be a new GPU that'll cost too much.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
The poll is a joke, right? Why in the world would NVIDIA be teasing a Nintendo Switch revision ahead of Nintendo or any official announcements? That makes no sense. It's probably a new Titan-level card.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
They were recently boasting about how their 12nm GPUs will outperform the competition's 7nm products, but maybe this will be a "Super Titan" on a smaller process node?
Jen-Hsun Huang (NVIDIA CEO) a couple of months ago: "What makes us special is we can create the most energy-efficient GPU in the world at anytime".
The current RTX cards always seemed like they were a stopgap product that would have a shorter life than most. They're still using HDMI 2.0, and RT performance is pretty bad on them.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I just returned my 2070 to get a 2080 and they come out with this shit? Godamnit now I need to wait to see what this is.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
guys its not gonna be switch. Its posted on the Geforce RTX channel. It's gonna be related to PC graphics

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
A $3-4k Titan that is more gaming focused, would fit with their current overpriced lineup. I believe the current Titan V is geared more towards AI learning and isn't it still Volta?

Or a super 2080 Ti starting at $1500 with 95% of cards $1800-2000.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Since we're already going wild, how about an x86+Nvidia handheld with Vita form-factor that runs SteamOS?

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I don't know much about graphics cards, but the "GEFORCE" part rules out mobile hardware, right?

I expect an announcement of a GPU at a price that ensures I never hear of the product again

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Okay Nvidia I need you to shit or get off the pot so I can figure out whether or not to send back my 2070 that got delivered yesterday.

Nov 5, 2017
I am expecting a Turing Refresh....that is what the rumors are pointing to, especially WCCFTech and they haven't been wrong in the past, especially when they make these speculations this close to an event or announcement...

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting a new Titan, so nothing for us.

For anyone expecting a Switch, you can stop immediately and save yourself the disappointment. That thing is GeForce branded which is for their PC GPUs. Switch's chip is called Tegra.

Nov 5, 2017
Will they be cheaper than current Turing gpus?

Judging by past Nvidia product reveals...no. But considering how they were bashed on social media and in reviews for charging huge price premiums on the RTX cards when they were revealed, they might have heard the masses and might price these new cards cheaper....who knows? Nvidia owns the top-tier GPU market and they can get away with anything there...

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
The word super belongs to Nintendo in my mind.

But that logo design says otherwise to me.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Honestly the first thing that popped into my head was Super Switch. And yes I know it probably isn't it, but let me dream damnit.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Super Shield could be a thing too, although I dunno why they'd try it again

Super Switch would be hilarious

but yeah it's probably one of the other two, or some sort of ~patented new technology~

Status
Not open for further replies.