• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2018
So here is what I did

Best buy mobile app
Have PayPal check out

The second you add one to your cart, go back 1 time and press your cart

At the bottom will be checkout. Just be sure to have enough because it charges you instantly.

I find the app the most advantageous to humans since the UI is so easy in terms of layout. The delay of using a mouse imo is why I went with the mobile app. Every second counts against these assholes.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
How much longer do you folks think a 5+ year old GTX 970 can last? Cause' that's all I got and I don't want to have to settle for a 20 series card.
Bruh you're fine, it's not like you're waiting for a new generation of cards, you just have to wait until the current generation gets more stock. That will take, at most, a few months (2-3 worst case scenario). Absolutely do not get a 2000 series card.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
So here is what I did

Best buy mobile app
Have PayPal check out

The second you add one to your cart, go back 1 time and press your cart

At the bottom will be checkout. Just be sure to have enough because it charges you instantly.

I find the app the most advantageous to humans since the UI is so easy in terms of layout. The delay of using a mouse imo is why I went with the mobile app. Every second counts against these assholes.

Yeah. I got painfully lucky. I switched to resetera for a minute and then back to the app. The yellow checkout was available and i clicked it super fast. I expected to get an error.

Dec 25, 2018
Yeah. I got painfully lucky. I switched to resetera for a minute and then back to the app. The yellow checkout was available and i clicked it super fast. I expected to get an error.

Yeah me too. I came from the Zotac store (my 2nd choice because of its card slot size)

But really it mostly feels like luck. I still think though that the UI on the app gives more of an advantage since it's just a tap to add to cart

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
I had one in my cart on the newegg canada website. The time the checkout page loaded there was no stock left. :(

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm doesn't seem like I'll get one. I'm eyeing the 1660 super for now, this should last me 2-3 years at FHD 30fps minimum (low) right? I'll probably upgrade then instead or might even go for a ps5 (pro).

Feb 11, 2019
New GPUs almost always sell out the first day though, so this is not unexpected or anything lol. The real test is how fast they come back and how long the waiting lists are.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
www.ebay.com

rtx 3070: Search Result | eBay

Buy and sell electronics, cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, digital cameras, baby items, coupons, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace

This is why my one ironclad rule for buying video cards is to not even attempt to buy them when shit like this is rampant. It of course delayed a purchase for well over a year because of the mining craze, but I stand by not ripping myself off.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
lol u guys, I managed to snag one (here in Europe). Pure luck, was randomly browsing some of the local hardware websites and there it was. 6 of em in stock. All gone now.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even try. I'll just be content with my PS5 order and simply wait to next year for stock to stabilize.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a time frame for when the EVGA notification emails will go out? They must have some since they did not put them up for order, has anyone here or elsewhere received anything yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.