• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Only two people in line (listed anyways) in Augusta, GA. I might go up there and grab a couple for ERA members (at cost of course). I'll keep an eye on this.

SonofDonCD

Oct 26, 2017
Which card is the most "bang for your buck" in value, and is the most worth the upgrade from a 2070 Super? There's no one on the line at my local store (according to the link) so I'm considering whether I try tomorrow.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I did it. I stood in line, without sleep, got the 3080 in the morning, then went to work (late), and am now home, and damn I'm tired, but I have a 3080!!

And the price, my friends. $699. You forget these are supposed to be the prices when you're looking at newegg shuffle everyday.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I did it. I stood in line, without sleep, got the 3080 in the morning, then went to work (late), and am now home, and damn I'm tired, but I have a 3080!!

And the price, my friends. $699. You forget these are supposed to be the prices when you're looking at newegg shuffle everyday.

Yup. I went with a 3090. Even had a 10% off coupon from Best Buy and ended up playing less than MSRP, even after tax. Felt good not being forced into a bundle, or paying extra for a 3rd party card.

Also, credit to Best Buy, the store I was at did great. Line was about 100+ people when they handed out the cards. I was in the 60ish range, and by the time they got to me they still had tickets for everything except for 3080s (and were almost out of 3080ti tickets). By the time they cleared the line they still had a lot of 3060ti, 3070, and 3090 tickets available for people arriving late.

I think I lucked out because of which stores they picked because it sounds like our line was short compared to others. Here in Colorado they only had cards at 3 stores, and only one of those stores was in the Denver area. But both stores in Colorado Springs (medium sized city over an hour from Denver) had cards. I live in Denver, but decided to drive the 90 minutes to get down there. Was worth it.

Last edited:

anariel

Oct 27, 2017

Well damn. Congrats! Crazy that that price is basically like finding El Dorado these days. Couple years ago I'd think that was too much for a GPU.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
This came today!!

Now I'll have to tear down this PC, drain the waterloop (without a dang drain valve), and then put this beast to work!!

Iamcenok

Oct 27, 2017
Im jealous of all yall getting your gpu's.
I won a newegg lottery for a 3070 ti monitor combo.
I kept the monitor but my brother bought the 3070 ti.

I'm starting to feel impatient and want to get a 3080 FE off eBay. But I don't want to reward those who are getting the gpu's just to sell at much higher prices. 😭

Oct 27, 2017
I was shocked to get a EVGA notification today for a 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming version (I signed up on October 5 at 7:50 PM EST), I really just wanted a 3080 FE due to pricing mostly but I jumped on the EVGA one. Time to seriously consider selling my 3070 FE and/or my 2080 FE.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If people are getting notifications now from october I'm screwed.

Anyway, whats with amazon's game blowing up evga cards? Something faulty there?

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I was shocked to get a EVGA notification today for a 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming version (I signed up on October 5 at 7:50 PM EST), I really just wanted a 3080 FE due to pricing mostly but I jumped on the EVGA one. Time to seriously consider selling my 3070 FE and/or my 2080 FE.

That's awesome. I feel like my evga notification for the 3070 won't be available until the 4000 series arrives. If you decide to sell your 3070 FE online, keep me in mind! Haha.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017

Anyway, whats with amazon's game blowing up evga cards? Something faulty there?
No firm confirmation of any kind on what is happening there with New World.
Can't even tell if it's a EVGA or even an Nvidia issue so far.

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't expecting to get a notification this year to be honest as that October 5th date was when they announced the notification system/queue so I would imagine it's going to take a long time to move off of that date. That being said it does feel like things are getting much better overall in ways to get one of these cards. I just felt like I was leaving a pretty massive performance increase on the table by settling on a 3070 (it's a fine card but really limited to a 2560x1440 res currently when considering most modern/graphic intensive games). With the way the market is I kinda like having a capable backup card but I could probably sell both my 3070 and and 2080 and recoup more than I'm going to pay for the 3080 FTW3 card from EVGA.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
OKAY, I've been wanting a new card to replace my GTX970 for over a year now but I sat back and waited for the shortage to subside. I can see it hasn't yet, LOL!!!!

I want to buy this new card, an EVGA RTX 360 Ti:

www.newegg.com

EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC GAMING Video Card, 08G-P5-3663-KR, 8GB GDDR6, iCX3 Cooling, Metal Backplate - Newegg.com

Buy EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC GAMING Video Card, 08G-P5-3663-KR, 8GB GDDR6, iCX3 Cooling, Metal Backplate with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

I haven't been keeping up with the current status on buying graphics cards in these crazy times. Is the Newegg shuffle my best chance of getting one at a decent price? Are there other options to buy one anybody would recommend to me?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been keeping up with the current status on buying graphics cards in these crazy times. Is the Newegg shuffle my best chance of getting one at a decent price? Are there other options to buy one anybody would recommend to me?
for MSRP, whenever the next best buy drop is. there was a massive one that was in-store only and the 3060 Ti was one of the last to be sold out.

when (if?) this will happen again is unknown

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
FWIW it's pretty easy getting 3060 Ti cards at my local Microcenter for MSRP by just showing up and entering the morning raffle. They had 25 for sale yesterday morning. Lots of the other locations are the same. You can get a lot of good info by joining the Micro Center fan Discord.

I will say that I haven't been seeing the EVGA, we're getting all MSI and Asus 3060 Ti cards locally. YMMV.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got a TUF 3080 ti at $1899 from the shuffle which is the same MSRP price as BestBuy. The problem is sometimes they are in a stupid bundle.
That's such a bonkers number lol. They themselves are basically scalping it. The 3080 I bought near launch was $699 also a TUF. Then the MSRP was $1199 I think for the 3080ti right? Which we all know was bullshit and profiteering as it's like a 6% performance jump over a 3080 lol. Then Newegg is selling them for $1900 now. Just rediculous.

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That's such a bonkers number lol. They themselves are basically scalping it. The 3080 I bought near launch was $699 also a TUF. Then the MSRP was $1199 I think for the 3080ti right? Which we all know was bullshit and profiteering as it's like a 6% performance jump over a 3080 lol. Then Newegg is selling them for $1900 now. Just ridiculous.
is it! The card manufacturers have essentially resorted to scalping themselves. Take a look at Zotac...they have changed the price of their 3070 holo amp three times! Now it's essentially 1k for a Zotac 3070 with tax

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
is it! The card manufacturers have essentially resorted to scalping themselves. Take a look at Zotac...they have changed the price of their 3070 holo amp three times! Now it's essentially 1k for a Zotac 3070 with tax
I thought there were laws against this? You can change prices on COG's though. So I guess if Nidia is increasing their price and raising MSRP that's a different story. But I thought there were regulations against basically scalping without justifiable cost increases corresponding. I'm sure the prices have gone up. But I don't believe by that much.

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I thought there were laws against this? You can change prices on COG's though. So I guess if Nidia is increasing their price and raising MSRP that's a different story. But I thought there were regulations against basically scalping without justifiable cost increases corresponding. I'm sure the prices have gone up. But I don't believe by that much.
that's the new prices

*adjusted
3080 are 699 to 1399
3080ti are 1199 to 1899
3090s are 1499 to 2299

the low-price end is all founder's editions (FE). EVGA tends to sell near FE prices as well

They do this cause they know if you mine with any of those cards, you can make back your initial investment in 6 months or less.

UPDATE: Adjusted numbers based on Aztech, Beer Monkey, and best buy website.

Last edited:

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They do this cause they know if you mine with any of those cards, you can make back your initial investment in 6 months or less.

Problem with that thinking is ALL 3070 Ti, 3080 Ti are LHR including the FE.

Newer 3060 Ti cards are LHR.

FYI yes the 3080 Ti FE is $1199 retail with AIBs starting $200 above that. Yes, a 3080 FE (rare unicorn) is $699 to this day if you can score one at a Best Buy drop while the 3080 Ti FE is $500 more.

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Problem with that thinking is ALL 3070 Ti, 3080 Ti, and 3060 Ti cards are LHR. Even the FE.
the LHR for the cards you mentioned limits ETH algorithms. People have moved on to other coins. The goal post keeps getting moved.

The 3060 LHR has updated to a version 2 to limit even more coins so here's hoping they do the same for the higher tier cards.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW it's pretty easy getting 3060 Ti cards at my local Microcenter for MSRP by just showing up and entering the morning raffle. They had 25 for sale yesterday morning. Lots of the other locations are the same. You can get a lot of good info by joining the Micro Center fan Discord.

I will say that I haven't been seeing the EVGA, we're getting all MSI and Asus 3060 Ti cards locally. YMMV.

My closest Microcenter is over an hour away, but I've been calling them regularly and they never have any info on when they are getting more 3060 cards. I wonder if my closest store just sucks, lol.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
the LHR for the cards you mentioned limits ETH algorithms. People have moved on to other coins. The goal post keeps getting moved.

The 3060 LHR has updated to a version 2 to limit even more coins so here's hoping they do the same for the higher tier cards.
Are these guys that desperate for side income or are they just trolling while hoping to make the money back in a few months? The more goal posts move the more risk in dealing with other coins.

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Are these guys that desperate for side income or are they just trolling while hoping to make the money back in a few months? The more goal posts move the more risk in dealing with other coins.

Honestly, i think its a combination of both. I can't make sense of their thought process but that's what their communities keep pushing. I just hope nvidia keeps on locking it down so people dont have to deal with scalpers.

Jul 7, 2021
My closest Microcenter is over an hour away, but I've been calling them regularly and they never have any info on when they are getting more 3060 cards. I wonder if my closest store just sucks, lol.

My local microcenter posts a sign at 9am every day of the week in case there are new GPUs available. I believe they lottery them every day to anyone asking for one on that day so no need to stay in lines or anything. Unforuntately it's like 45 minutes away so I can't be going there every morning to go in the lottery. My friend got one after three tries though (he lives like 15 minutes away).

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Terrible news. Availability will drop now that miners have more reason to scalp
tenor.gif

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
videocardz.com

NBMiner update unlocks up to 70% of NVIDIA RTX 30 LHR series mining performance - VideoCardz.com

GeForce RTX 30 LHR cards with better mining performance NBMiner 39.0 update brings a small LHR hack. According to the changelog from NBMiner mining software, the tool can now unlock up to 70% of the original GPU mining performance of NVIDIA Lite Hash Rate GPUs. NVIDIA reintroduced its RTX 3080...
Yup, the goal post moves. Stock availability was getting good too.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
videocardz.com

NBMiner update unlocks up to 70% of NVIDIA RTX 30 LHR series mining performance - VideoCardz.com

GeForce RTX 30 LHR cards with better mining performance NBMiner 39.0 update brings a small LHR hack. According to the changelog from NBMiner mining software, the tool can now unlock up to 70% of the original GPU mining performance of NVIDIA Lite Hash Rate GPUs. NVIDIA reintroduced its RTX 3080...

Sweet Jesus.
Just when prices were coming down and stock was starting to look good.

If NBMiner is already hitting 70% with it being open source we truly are fucked until ETH 2.0.

Pray no coin takes ETHs place for a while.

Nov 2, 2017
Sweet Jesus.
Just when prices were coming down and stock was starting to look good.

If NBMiner is already hitting 70% with it being open source we truly are fucked until ETH 2.0.

Pray no coin takes ETHs place for a while.
LHR versions make like 80-85% of non-LHR versions by mining other coins so this won't really change anything. The recent spike in crypto prices might push prices back up though.