• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
www.pcgameshardware.de

Geforce RTX 3080 Ti: GPU-Z-Screenshot mit Leistungsdaten und ETH-Mining [Update: Release-Datum]

Ein Screenshot von GPU-Z bekräftigt die technischen Daten der Geforce RTX 3080 Ti, die offenbar auch eine ganz ordentliche Mining-Leistung

Maybe there wont be a mining throttle.

Honestly, I don't see how it even matters. It's not like mining cards are readily available. Even at the slightly reduced rate they tried on the 3060, it still would have been way more profitable than an empty slot. It's more PR and an excuse to sell more expensive mining cards than it is a help to the gaming market.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I don't see how it even matters. It's not like mining cards are readily available. Even at the slightly reduced rate they tried on the 3060, it still would have been way more profitable than an empty slot. It's more PR and an excuse to sell more expensive mining cards than it is a help to the gaming market.
3060 rate wasn't reduced "slightly", it was reduced exactly by half, meaning if Nvidia didn't leak uncapped driver, mining profitability of 3060 right now would be just 1.62 Eur/day, instead of current 3.24 Eur/day (obviously greatly depends on electricity costs in your area). So if 3060 was never uncapped, right now it would be barely profitable to mine with it.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
We won't be able to get the 3000 series cards without fighting for them until the 5000 series debuts. It's insane.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if there's no 4000 series or 7000 series next year, but a refresh for everyone

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I gave up, if i did land a card it would be expensive for a brand I don't want or trust, only buy EVGA, will wait for them to call me when they finally make it to April lol by then the I should be able to buy a card

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I probably should've kept my places in EVGA's queue but eh I got a 3090 in December (EVGA XC3 Ultra) at Best Buy for less than the MSRP of the FE and due to everything that's happened since with prices and all that I don't really regret it too much.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
One of my coworkers found out RTX cards are in high demand, so he's been buying and scalping them on eBay. I've kinda lost all respect for the guy.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the 3080 Ti may see the return of the USB C Virtual Link port in addition to a new placement of the 12-pin connector

EDIT: fake

Last edited:

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I probably should've kept my places in EVGA's queue but eh I got a 3090 in December (EVGA XC3 Ultra) at Best Buy for less than the MSRP of the FE and due to everything that's happened since with prices and all that I don't really regret it too much.

Eh Im in the queue and I still don't have an email for a 3080, even though I signed up on 9/17.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Been a while since I posted much in here. Got my little brother wanting to build a computer (told him now was the worst time ever). Should I even bother with notifying bots or plugins like nvidia snatcher and Distill?

Aug 30, 2020
My month of agony trying to get a 3080 around launch now seems like nothing. I was one of the lucky ones.

I left myself on the EVGA queue so I can laugh when my turn finally comes up in 2061.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
what's currently the best bet for 30xx cards retail? I haven't seen a single post by Wario or anyone for RTX cards in the past 3-4 weeks

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
what's currently the best bet for 30xx cards retail? I haven't seen a single post by Wario or anyone for RTX cards in the past 3-4 weeks
Waiting all night at a microcenter on the offchance of a restock. Or maybe getting a prebuilt and trying to sell the other components (probably still cheaper than paying for a scalped card). Everything else is botted to hell

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
From what I can tell, Wario only posts about it when Best Buy stock comes in, and that happens like once every 2-3-4 weeks on a Friday I think? I've been trying for a while now on Best Buy though, sometimes even a minute before Wario posts about them and still have no 3080 :( I just want an FE and it sucks that you can only get them from here, where stock literally vanishes the second they drop.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
So a heads up, if you signed up for the EVGA notification queue for the 3060 XC Gaming on day 1, they're just past noon ET for the sign up time.
I just got my notification and snapped one up for another ITX build I'm working on.

Oct 29, 2017
So a heads up, if you signed up for the EVGA notification queue for the 3060 XC Gaming on day 1, they're just past noon ET for the sign up time.
I just got my notification and snapped one up for another ITX build I'm working on.
Congrats. I got my 3070 earlier this month and have a 3080 on notify too. I'll probably sign up for a 3080 ti when that goes up too.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
videocardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 "Lite Hash Rate" series to begin shipping mid May - VideoCardz.com

NVIDIA LHR series We received an update on the upcoming GAxx2 NVIDIA GPU series featuring a new cryptomining limiter. NVIDIA has provided an update to its partners in regard to upcoming xx2 chips. Those GPUs will feature a new cryptocurrency mining limiter and most likely RezisableBAR support...

All RTX 30 cards (including models released last year and even 3060) will receive mining limiter (an updated one in case of 3060) starting in May.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
For people having both console and the 3080, do you see a big difference betwen them ? ( the one i pre order was this one : Asus GeForce TUF RTX 3080 Gaming )
I have the ps5 and serie x, and i just got a news that my pre order for september should arrive in store friday ( not sure at 100% since, it was always delay).
At first, i really wanted to buy the 3080, but now, i m not so sure, i m pretty happy about both console.
( since i pre order the gpu at september, thanks to the sale, i will get it with the price from the pre sale, it was at 630e, this is one of the reason that i pre order it immedialy, i don't really want to buy then sell it, even if i can get money).

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For people having both console and the 3080, do you see a big difference betwen them ? ( the one i pre order was this one : Asus GeForce TUF RTX 3080 Gaming )
I have the ps5 and serie x, and i just got a news that my pre order for september should arrive in store friday ( not sure at 100% since, it was always delay).
At first, i really wanted to buy the 3080, but now, i m not so sure, i m pretty happy about both console.
( since i pre order the gpu at september, thanks to the sale, i will get it with the price from the pre sale, it was at 630e, this is one of the reason that i pre order it immedialy, i don't really want to buy then sell it, even if i can get money).
that's less a question of the hardware and more a question of the games. the 3080 will outperform the consoles without question

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
that's less a question of the hardware and more a question of the games. the 3080 will outperform the consoles without question
Yeah i know, i currently have a 1080ti with a ryzen 1600x and 16go. I don't want to update it ( the motherboard and clu)the three are connected on my tv (4k60fps or 1440p120hz).
The thing i m not sure if the difference is big enough. ( like ubisoft game that are not good, or other bad port, does in general people see a big difference ).

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i know, i currently have a 1080ti with a ryzen 1600x and 16go. I don't want to update it ( the motherboard and clu)the three are connected on my tv (4k60fps or 1440p120hz).
The thing i m not sure if the difference is big enough. ( like ubisoft game that are not good, or other bad port, does in general people see a big difference ).
Until we see games made exclusively for current Gen, the difference won't be large, no. Besides, you'll be greatly limited by your cpu anyway

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
given how things are going, I can't say it's surprising. still a lot of milk left in this cow once the shortages end. I predict AMD doing the same

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that he doesn't know about anything but Orin and H100 doesn't mean that there is nothing besides them.
22 is the year of next HPC/AI GPU generation which means that gaming parts will either come in 2H22 or 1H23.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
anyone get lucky with the huge Best Buy drop today? I didn't :(
Had it in my cart a couple times, no luck with checkout