• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
Mind linking that air mouse keyboard? I'm Interested in one

www.ebay.com

ZYF Z10 Air Mouse Remote, 2.4G Backlit Voice Remote Control | eBay

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for ZYF Z10 Air Mouse Remote, 2.4G Backlit Voice Remote Control at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Got this one because it has a back light. I haven't used it much but I have tested it and all you have to do is plug it into the computer and it works.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If I spent a bunch of time writing that post and the post above talking about GPUs, don't you think the correct assumption would be to assume that it was a typo, especially when I reference a GPU model in the post with a typo?
Considering the ongoing shortages of CPUs that are coinciding with the aforementioned GPU ones, I didn't think so at the time, especially when doubling down on the "miners are the reason cards are so hard to find!" narrative doesn't hold up when one considers more impactful factors like limited production, the Lunar New Year shutting down production altogether recently, shipping of said GPUs, scalper bots buying up all the cards from retailers like Newegg before you can even add an item to your cart and, on AMD's side, having to split up 7nm wafers between consoles, GPUs and CPUs making things even more limited for their offerings.

I despise the general waste that miners contribute but, again, they're not the main issue that you can't easily get your $700 GPU of choice from either manufacturer.

Nov 2, 2017
Considering the ongoing shortages of CPUs that are coinciding with the aforementioned GPU ones, I didn't think so at the time, especially when doubling down on the "miners are the reason cards are so hard to find!" narrative doesn't hold up when one considers more impactful factors like limited production, the Lunar New Year shutting down production altogether recently, shipping of said GPUs, scalper bots buying up all the cards from retailers like Newegg before you can even add an item to your cart and, on AMD's side, having to split up 7nm wafers between consoles, GPUs and CPUs making things even more limited for their offerings.

I despise the general waste that miners contribute but, again, they're not the main issue that you can't easily get your $700 GPU of choice from either manufacturer.
That's wrong. Card were much cheaper and easier to get from september to december. Scalper prices have gone up by 40-50% in the past 2 months. RIght now mining is driving that massive demand and setting the price. Current prices of GPUs are set by how long it takes to ROI. If Nvidia can suddenly supply 10x as much cards as they can now prices would still stay the same. The only bottleneck for miners right now is space and other compenents. Gamers buy 1 card while miners will buy as many GPUs as they have space for.

Without crypto prices crashing this situation will not change. As long as a 3080 will earn 9-10€/day its price will remain where it is now and that price is generally aimed at a ROI of 4-6 months.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
videocardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 already more expensive than RTX 3060 Ti at some retailers - VideoCardz.com

Photos from a retailer’s warehouse reveal the true price of GeForce RTX 3060 According to leaked photos from a retailer warehouse, the launch stock of the upcoming RTX 3060 graphics card has already reached the stores. MSI GeForce RTX 3060 graphics cards, Source: Coreteks Those who expected to...

Pricing of GeForce RTX 3060 at undisclosed US retailer:

• MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X Trio: $514.99
  • MSI RTX 3060 Ventus X2: $484.99
  • Zotac RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC $499.99
  • Asus RTX 3060 ROG Strix OC $499.99
  • Asus RTX 3060 TUF Gaming OC: $489.99

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
videocardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 already more expensive than RTX 3060 Ti at some retailers - VideoCardz.com

Photos from a retailer’s warehouse reveal the true price of GeForce RTX 3060 According to leaked photos from a retailer warehouse, the launch stock of the upcoming RTX 3060 graphics card has already reached the stores. MSI GeForce RTX 3060 graphics cards, Source: Coreteks Those who expected to...
PNY 3070 pre-order on Amazon Italy --> 530 euro.

What a shitshow.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Managing to get a 3060ti for 450 seems more and more like I actually got a great deal, even though it was over msrp.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
videocardz.com

What a shitshow and it's going to get even worse before it gets better.

Nov 2, 2017
Citation strongly needed.

Also the price increase is due to tariffs from 45.
There are no tarrifs in Europe.

Here's my citation.

No stock for 3060Ti while in december you could alway buy one in stock for 500-550€. Cheapest in stock 3070 is 1300€ while from launch to mid december I could almost always buy one at for 600-700€ so the real prices have doubled. I know this very well because I was in the market for a 3060Ti/3070. I even bought an FE for MSRP 7 minutes after it launched. That is absolutely impossible right now.

All of this is purely because of mining. Most GPUs nowadays probably aren't even leaving the East as they get bought up by Chinese mining operations straight from the AIBs themselves or large distributors. Zotac recently even bragged about it recently.

I don't get why you're trying to deny this so hard. Do you actually believe that when there are people willing to buy 6-100 cards that this wouldn't impact availability & prices a ton. I have a friend who has 6 3060Tis & 4 3080s mining. That's a lot of cards that left the market for one person. There are probably operations that have 1000s of cards. Such a weird viewpoint to have.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
So they're gonna sell the 3060 at more or less the price I paid for my 3070

man.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There are no tarrifs in Europe.

Here's my citation.

No stock for 3060Ti while in december you could alway buy one in stock for 500-550€. Cheapest in stock 3070 is 1300€ while from launch to mid december I could almost always buy one at for 600-700€ so the real prices have doubled. I know this very well because I was in the market for a 3060Ti/3070. I even bought an FE for MSRP 7 minutes after it launched. That is absolutely impossible right now.

All of this is purely because of mining. Most GPUs nowadays probably aren't even leaving the East as they get bought up by Chinese mining operations straight from the AIBs themselves or large distributors. Zotac recently even bragged about it recently.

I don't get why you're trying to deny this so hard. Do you actually believe that when there are people willing to buy 6-100 cards that this wouldn't impact availability & prices a ton. I have a friend who has 6 3060Tis & 4 3080s mining. That's a lot of cards that left the market for one person. There are probably operations that have 1000s of cards. Such a weird viewpoint to have.
1. No it's not, we have been over this. Or are we just ignoring that people are still using bots to buy up every card they can afford and flipping the new GPUs on Kijiji and eBay since most sites have little or no bot prevention so as to best fit your narrative?
2. Your source is literally just showing any available 3070s and 3060 Tis. It doesn't show the price history or history of stock of any given retailers. At least in North America, I can point to the following to show a price increase on GPUs. Spoilers: It's tariffs, not miners driving up the prices for the cards.
3. I'm denying this because it's asinine to pretend like the ongoing stock availability would somehow be better when the 3000 series and 6000 series sold out on Day 1 and were a rarity even during the time period you specified. I should know since I had difficulty landing a new GPU here in Canada during that time period and ended up having to import one from the U.S. (I got lucky and forwarded an order I made on Newegg) because stock on the new CPUs and GPUs has been utterly pathetic from the get-go.
4. This is conspiratorial and suggests that i'm wasting my time:
Most GPUs nowadays probably aren't even leaving the East as they get bought up by Chinese mining operations straight from the AIBs themselves or large distributors

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
videocardz.com

MSI GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X PCB with NVIDIA Ampere GA106 GPU pictured - VideoCardz.com

MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X, a look under the hood This is the first custom GeForce RTX 3060 to be shown without the cooler. MSI GAMING X graphics card is the first dual-fan GAMING model in GeForce RTX 30 lineup. The company has decided to launch GAMING X and GAMING non-X exclusively for...

Interestingly the PCB does have an option of 8 memory chips. I wonder if it's unified with GA104. GA106 configs with 8 chips seem unlikely and the PCB would probably be too complex for GA107 products.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
videocardz.com

MSI GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X PCB with NVIDIA Ampere GA106 GPU pictured - VideoCardz.com

MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X, a look under the hood This is the first custom GeForce RTX 3060 to be shown without the cooler. MSI GAMING X graphics card is the first dual-fan GAMING model in GeForce RTX 30 lineup. The company has decided to launch GAMING X and GAMING non-X exclusively for...

Interestingly the PCB does have an option of 8 memory chips. I wonder if it's unified with GA104. GA106 configs with 8 chips seem unlikely and the PCB would probably be too complex for GA107 products.
There was an earlier report of of AIBs complaining that the margins were too razor with the need to make new shrouds. Being able to reuse 3060Ti/3070 designs solves that

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I saw those prices of the 3060. It isn't worth buying. My 960 sucks but not worth giving in to those prices. Price per performance is terrible.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how terrible will be the prices for the 3050. I would like get a 1050 or 1650 but prices are absurd, so I prefer now wait for the 3050.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
videocardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 3DMark and Superposition Performance leaked - VideoCardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Performance An exclusive first look at Geforce RTX 3060 synthetic benchmark results. NVIDIA’s first GA106 based desktop graphics card will offer similar performance to GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER or RTX 2070 in 3DMark and Superposition tests. The graphics card will be slower...

Someone doing 3060 reviews thread for tomorrow?

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
3060 looks like a disappointing graphics card.
About 2070 level at $329 - at least it should've been if not for miners.
Comparing to 20 series it would have been between 2060S and 2070S which were $399 and $499 respectively.
Seems fine. But all that won't be the case of course due to how fucked the market is right now.

construct

Jun 5, 2020
東京
are 3070 and 3080s equally as difficult to get? i was going to wait until these became moderately obtainable but i have a new monitor and the 980ti is choking up a bit. id prefer the 3080

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
What a bad card lol

edit: lemme revise that, this is an absolute dog shit card that shouldn't have cost more than like 250 lmao. Whys this shit have 12gb of vram with that performance.

Last edited:

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
videocardz.com

Newegg and BestBuy GeForce RTX 3060 pricing ranges from 330 USD to 630 USD - VideoCardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 to be available at 330 USD after all Turns out there will be ‘a chance’ to purchase GeForce RTX 3060 at MSRP. Listing featuring GeForce RTX 3060, the mid-range NVIDIA Ampere graphics card that will be released later today, have already surfaced from BestBuy and Newegg...

edit: lemme revise that, this is an absolute dog shit card that shouldn't have cost more than like 250 lmao. Whys this shit have 12gb of vram with that performance.
Yeah a card with $450 performance of previous gen should cost $250 because reasons.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
The 329 cards are there just for marketing. They will be gone in literally 2 seconds and they will never come back.

Real price will be 500 dollars. In Europe even more.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
videocardz.com

Newegg and BestBuy GeForce RTX 3060 pricing ranges from 330 USD to 630 USD - VideoCardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 to be available at 330 USD after all Turns out there will be ‘a chance’ to purchase GeForce RTX 3060 at MSRP. Listing featuring GeForce RTX 3060, the mid-range NVIDIA Ampere graphics card that will be released later today, have already surfaced from BestBuy and Newegg...

Yeah a card with $450 performance of previous gen should cost $250 because reasons.
What happened to you liking performance per dollar metrics? It reaches parity with the 3060ti at about $285. What an awful card lol. Barely beating a 2060 (which was already a mediocre card) by 11% on new architecture

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
videocardz.com

...yes? $500 in current gen (3070) gets you the performance of $1200 in previous gen (2080ti). Why would what you said be strange?

It should be $250 for 6 GB and $300 for 12 GB or something

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
...yes? $500 in current gen (3070) gets you the performance of $1200 in previous gen (2080ti). Why would what you said be strange?

It should be $250 for 6 GB and $300 for 12 GB or something

This is basically a 2060S with newer tech. Not so good. The MSRP should be a good $50 lower at least.

Not that MSRP seems to matter currently anyway.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'd suggest waiting for reviews for the 3060. I believe that the initial leaks might have been a bit misleading. I was listening to Tech YES City last night (the guy that pushed the story on the 1050ti rerelease), and was asked for the same thing. He says that the card is closer to a 2070S - well, said it in a way that wouldn't break NDAs. If that's true or not, I think that if there was one time where we needed reviews before a buy, it's now. The 3060 for around 2070S performance would be a good buy. For 2060S performance, very dissapointing

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
I'd suggest waiting for reviews for the 3060. I believe that the initial leaks might have been a bit misleading. I was listening to Tech YES City last night (the guy that pushed the story on the 1050ti rerelease), and was asked for the same thing. He says that the card is closer to a 2070S - well, said it in a way that wouldn't break NDAs. If that's true or not, I think that if there was one time where we needed reviews before a buy, it's now. The 3060 for around 2070S performance would be a good buy. For 2060S performance, very dissapointing
The card will never be available at MSRP price so any performance / dollar discussion based on MSRP is pretty much pointless.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
videocardz.com

NVIDIA launches GeForce RTX 3060 with 12GB memory and GA106 GPU - VideoCardz.com

NVIDIA launches GeForce RTX 3060 NVIDIA officially launches its first GA106 desktop graphics card. Nearly three months after the launch of GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, NVIDIA adds a new graphics card to the series. Board partners have been eagerly awaiting this release because GeForce cards at this...

What happened to you liking performance per dollar metrics? It reaches parity with the 3060ti at about $285. What an awful card lol. Barely beating a 2060 (which was already a mediocre card) by 11% on new architecture
You've seen the reviews already to say anything about performance per dollar metrics? Or are you just talking out of that thing again?

Perf/price ratio is non-linear. You can't expect the same divider be true for both top end and mid range segments simply because you're not getting 2X the performance for 2X the price, say, between 2070S and 2080Ti.

Last edited:

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
I'll be waiting for reviews before drawing any conclusions but I've always thought the 3060Ti will probably retain the price:performance crown. The 12GB VRAM was always going to have an impact on price competitiveness but I fully understand why they avoided releasing a 6GB card.

It's all academic obviously with the current shortage.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The card will never be available at MSRP price so any performance / dollar discussion based on MSRP is pretty much pointless.

Gigabyte and EVGA has MSRP cards. The ones after those are $389 though. I guess that if you can grab one of those, assuming the 3060 is closer to 2070S instead of 2060S, would be good. Any other over $400 is 3060Ti price, so it really makes no sense (non founders Ti starts at $460)

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
With all the price inflation/unavailability with everything I'm glad I got my 3080/5800X at msrp in a somewhat timely manner.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

based on benchmarks its between the 2060s and 2070s. still pretty disappointing imo.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
based on benchmarks its between the 2060s and 2070s. still pretty disappointing imo.

It's highly dependent on the game and resolution, but seems to be above the 2070 in average and very close to a 1080Ti. Worth remembering that when the 2070 launched it was tied to a 1080, nowadays the 2060 performs like the 1080, not the 2070.

The problem is pricing, below $400, specially at MSRP, this card looks very good, not as good as the 3060 Ti, but still good.

Some reviews:

videocardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Review Roundup - VideoCardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Review Roundup The embargo on GeForce RTX 3060 non-Ti reviews has lifted. Have a look at NVIDIA’s new mid-range graphics card from the following media: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Reviews Media Type NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Model ?? 3DMGame ? Gainward RTX 3060 Gold Star ...

www.techpowerup.com

EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Review

EVGA engineered a compact dual-slot design with the RTX 3060 XC that will fit all cases. Unlike all other RTX 3060 cards we've tested today, a metal backplate is included. EVGA's card ticks at a rated boost of 1852 MHz, and the cooler features the idle-fan-stop capability.

www.eurogamer.net

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 review: Ampere goes mainstream

Digital Foundry review the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060, the first mainstream Ampere GPU. Game benchmarks, power efficiency …

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
3060 is only worth it if you have a 1060 or lower from what I read.
Yeah, at it's current perf/dollar (let's entertain the idea of it selling at MSRP for now) it's not an interesting upgrade for any of 1660Ti/S, 2060 or 2060S owners.
The main target here seem to be those who still use 1060 3/6GB cards. It's a bit pricey for them though. I wonder how much NV will be able to chop off on a 6GB model.