• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4nyw3i.jpg

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
If those eu prices are real than that means the wait for a mid range card continues because those are not mid range prices.

Hexcalibur

Jun 24, 2020
I'm a dumbass, noticed my Micro Center had mad 3080's and 3070's in stock, got into an Uber asap just to realize halfway there that everything is closed lmaooooo.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
500€ for a 60ti? I paid 700 for my 3080FE. Maybe they increased MSRP because they know everything will sell out no matter what the price is.

stealth brag

Nov 2, 2017
Why is anyone surprised with the 3060Ti prices? The cheapest in stock 3070, which has a MSRP of 520€ in Europe, is 650€ right now. That means if the 3060Ti is 100€ cheaper & has an MSRP of 400-420€ you're looking at 550+€ retail prices.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think I'm done with buying a GPU for at least the next twelve months and will see how things are shaking out then. Was lured in by those FE sticker prices, but the reality is easily $100+ over that for a partner board, plus whatever retailer mark-up, plus the difficulty to get one. 3060Ti is launching at a higher price than the MSRP of the non-existent 3070FE. Partner 3070s are more than a 3080FE. I can't wait to see how much partner 3080Tis are going for. It's a ridiculous situation.

I got back into PC gaming thanks to the ridiculous value of the GTX 970 and Nvidia's nonsense from the past couple of years is making me wonder whether I need to go back to console again and keep my PC as is for my existing Steam library. The value proposition just gets worse and worse.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Why is anyone surprised with the 3060Ti prices? The cheapest in stock 3070, which has a MSRP of 520€ in Europe, is 650€ right now. That means if the 3060Ti is 100€ cheaper & has an MSRP of 400-420€ you're looking at 550+€ retail prices.

Speaking of prices, my Zotac 3070 just arrived. Fyi it cost the msrp of 520€

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think I'm done with buying a GPU for at least the next twelve months and will see how things are shaking out then. Was lured in by those FE sticker prices, but the reality is easily $100+ over that for a partner board, plus whatever retailer mark-up, plus the difficulty to get one. 3060Ti is launching at a higher price than the MSRP of the non-existent 3070FE. Partner 3070s are more than a 3080FE. I can't wait to see how much partner 3080Tis are going for. It's a ridiculous situation.

I got back into PC gaming thanks to the ridiculous value of the GTX 970 and Nvidia's nonsense from the past couple of years is making me wonder whether I need to go back to console again and keep my PC as is for my existing Steam library. The value proposition just gets worse and worse.

I actually think the FE cards are actually quite compelling this round. Has Nvidia committed to continue producing these? Because I just checked their site, and under availability, they only show Best Buy (OoS). If FE was just a paper launch PR campaign, then fuck it, I'm not even going to bother trying to get a new card anytime soon. It's the only thing that interested me since I knew it wouldn't be subjected to retailer fuckery.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually think the FE cards are actually quite compelling this round. Has Nvidia committed to continue producing these? Because I just checked their site, and under availability, they only show Best Buy (OoS). If FE was just a paper launch PR campaign, then fuck it, I'm not even going to bother trying to get a new card anytime soon. It's the only thing that interested me since I knew it wouldn't be subjected to retailer fuckery.
considering they kept producing the previous FE, I don't see why they should stop

Burai

Oct 27, 2017

They do exist, but they are trickling them out at a ridiculously slow rate. You need a stock alert bot and pray you can add to cart and get through checkout before the other thousands trying the same snap them all up.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
If only the power input was situated in an aesthetically pleasing location though. I know it's superficial, but aftermarket cards have Nvidia thoroughly beat there.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Prices are getting more and more crazy with each passing day. 3080's are now going for close to the msrp of a 3090 on the market here.What a shitshow

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
the 12 pin adapter is awful and seems pointless. Has anyone made a sleeved cable for the 12 pin?
All high end GPUs of the recent ten years have been using two cables at the very least, with a mix of 6+6, 6+8 or 8+8. 12-pin cable solves this by moving all GPU configs to just one common GPU cable. How is it pointless?

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
videocardz.com

MSI launches GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Fan budget series - VideoCardz.com

MSI Twin Fan Series Last week MSI announced its ultra-premium SUPRIM series, featuring thick and heavy cooling solution. Those cards are based on RTX 3090, RTX 3080, and RTX 3070 SKUs from NVIDIA. A week later the company launches its ultra-budget series called Twin Fan, but only for the RTX...

It is nice to see some sleeper cards in an RGB era, even though this is a budget choice more than it is a 'tinted out' option; cards like the Nvidia FEs are the minority in aesthetic nowadays.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is nice to see some sleeper cards in an RGB era, even though this is a budget choice more than it is a 'tinted out' option; cards like the Nvidia FEs are the minority in aesthetic nowadays.
probably makes more sense for the 3060Ti since it use less power. "budget" usually means less cooling capabilities in addition to that "OEM" look

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OpenCL results from geekbench if anyone cares about that. Reviews go up tomorrow for FE cards anyway. Customs on Wednesday and launch

videocardz.com

Geekbench: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti is almost as fast as Radeon RX 6800 in OpenCL benchmark - VideoCardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti tails Radeon RX 6800 Geekbench has updated its official OpenCL benchmark charts, which usually happens around the same time a new graphics card is announced. The OpenCL chart has been updated with the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, the upcoming Ampere GA104 model from NVIDIA...

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
Man those prices are stupid if true, I paid £520 for my 3070 Ventus 3x OC and the 2x 3060ti is being listed at £480?!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people are literally getting their cards before the fuckers' are announced

videocardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti already arriving to first customers - VideoCardz.com

The GeForce RTX 3060 Ti is so far NVIDIA’s worst kept secret. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti goes on sale ahead of launch Retailers have been putting the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti graphics cards on display for a few weeks now. We have received numerous emails from people having no trouble buying these...

Alexx

Oct 27, 2017
OpenCL results from geekbench if anyone cares about that. Reviews go up tomorrow for FE cards anyway. Customs on Wednesday and launch

videocardz.com

Geekbench: GeForce RTX 3060 Ti is almost as fast as Radeon RX 6800 in OpenCL benchmark - VideoCardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti tails Radeon RX 6800 Geekbench has updated its official OpenCL benchmark charts, which usually happens around the same time a new graphics card is announced. The OpenCL chart has been updated with the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, the upcoming Ampere GA104 model from NVIDIA...

Woah, has this GPU even been officially announced yet? Is it normal for a new GPU to be announced, reviewed, and launched with the same week?

Edit:

Never mind. I missed the announcement it seems.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, has this GPU even been officially announced yet? Is it normal for a new GPU to be announced, reviewed, and launched with the same week?

Edit:

Never mind. I missed the announcement it seems.
For a lower tier one which is based on a chip already used in a previously launched product? Yeah, it's quite common.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the NVIDIA side, partners are telling us that restocks look better in the last two weeks of December than before it, but cautioned that they still don't anticipate demand to be met. From one major NVIDIA partner, we heard that the largest restock to date will be just before Christmas. That doesn't mean you'll be able to get a card, but that's the news we got. We asked around and were told that it's a mix of impossibly high demand and supply that's having trouble keeping up. Although initial supply was similar to previous launches, our current understanding from partners is that yields remain bad, which is affecting NVIDIA's ability to ramp as expected.

HW News - NZXT "Safety Issue," GPU Availability, AMD MI100 GPU , NVIDIA A100 80GB | GamersNexus

stub It’s been another insanely busy two weeks for us here at GN, sandwiched between various product launches. Of course, this week has been anchored by the arrival of AMD’s RX 6000-series RDNA 2 GPUs. As ever, you can find our RX 6800XT and RX 6800 reviews, as well as our usual teardowns, on...

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
videocardz.com

MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING Trio and VENTUS Series pictured and detailed - VideoCardz.com

A Swiss retailer lists multiple GeForce RTX 3060 Ti graphics cards ahead of launch. MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti series Three MSI cards have been listed by Digitec. The retailer confirmed that these cards will go on sale on December 2nd, a day after reviews. This is actually the first time we have...

When will the products go online
The products are under NDA (Non disclosure agreement) and may only go live on December 2nd from 3:00 p.m. The same goes for the price.
Availability
The RTX 3060 Ti are more available than the 70, 80 and 90s. But the amount is still not enough for the needs. However, there are some cards on the way to us.

— Digitec

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Earlier this year I had to rma my 2080 because it kept crashing to black screen (fans go max speed, sound can still be heard like normal but display only comes back from a power button reset). Once I got it replaced ,it was fine.

Then, I got a 3070. Fine for 3 weeks, and now.... its doing the black screen crashing like the 2080 did. It doesn't even happen during heavy loads (it can pass any stress test easily, even with OC), it mostly happens during light loads like idling in menus, loading screens, or alt tabbing.

After looking at the nvidia forums, it seems like I'm not alone - found several people with the same issue, mostly 30 series but a few 20 series too. Really a bummer, it seems not be driver related but rather just a fault with the card itself. I guess I'll begin the rma process and cry when I have no card to play cp2077 with.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
This is worse than at crypto's peak, lol.

I have an order (which will wait for a looong time) for a 3080 at 739 euros, at this point I'm worrying they'll cancel it because the margins aren't there anymore. The product page has it at 859 now. The scalping is fucking unreal

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
cant wait for a 3050 for 300$, do it nvidia
More likely is that they'll call it a 2650 Super Ti, just to make things extra confusing for casual purchasers.
The 3060 will probably start at $300. Especially if they release a 6GB and 12GB version
They're not going to release a version with more VRAM than the 3080, even if it has slower, less expensive GDDR6.

What do you think a xx60 card is supposed to be used for?