• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Eg6AiS0XsAAPhhr.jpg%3Alarge

I guess I'm behind the curve on this as I've not seen any size comparisons, but DAMN, the PS5 is huge! What the heck?

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if we ignore the misleading TFlop numbers, it looks like the 3080 will be about 70% faster than a stock 2080 at rasterization.

That's quite good, but I'm worried about the heat this thing is going to give off. My room already gets really hot when gaming, and I can't imagine what an extra 70 Watts is going to do to. It seems that in terms of fps/watt, the improvement has been relatively small, especially given the process shrink. Speaking of which, where did NVidia get the 1.9 number from? That seems completely at odds with what we've seen.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
They gave the numbers on twitter. At least the xc3 is the same size as the 3080FE in length and height, it's 2.5-slots however.
Cheers, I'll take a look. Slot wise isn't a problem, got plenty of space that way, but card length is certainly an issue. I'm now thinking I need to get a new PSU and a new AIO... Looks like my £900 prediction is about right after all!

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Is that on their site? Can't seem to find it :-/

No they gave it on their forum and twitter
Some extra info from the EVGA forums:

• Currently no pre-order planned. Similarly, no pricing is available at this time.
  • Like the US store, we cannot generally comment on availability at this time for the EU store. Availability, however, will not be any sooner than the dates NVIDIA mentioned for each GPU.
  • HYBRID, HC, and KPE cards will come a bit later than the XC3 and FTW3 cards. No ETA to give you, which is probably your next question.
  • HYBRIDs will be 240mm, except for KPE HYBRID, whch will be 360mm. No plans for a 120mm HYBRID at this time.
  • HYBRIDs will be 2 Slot.
  • XC3 cards will all be 2.2 slots. Length is 11.23in. - 285.37mm / Height is 4.38in. - 111.15 mm.
  • FTW3 cards will be 2.75 slots. Length is 11.81in. - 300mm / Height is 5.38in. - 136.75mm.
  • There will be an EVGA NVLINK. No ETA at this time.
  • Since I've seen this mentioned incorrectly, all cards are 3 DisplayPort, 1 HDMI.
  • PowerLink is expected to work with the XC3 models. For obvious reasons, it will not work with the 3090/3080 FTW3 cards due to the number of PCIe power connectors. Either way, we will have the compatibility list updated when the cards are available on the website.
  • Step-Up will begin when cards are available. Products will not be listed prior to general availability. I would expect one of the XC3 models will be listed for availability, but we will make that decision prior to general availability.
  • I'm not sure why people assume bots are buying cards over regular people. It was a popular reason for why 20-Series cards were always out of stock, which completely ignored literal supply and demand issues (lots of people wanted them, but there weren't many initially). Yes, there are per person quantity caps for each card. Yes, we require captcha to login, which is also required to create a profile. This should help to comfort some of you.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if the FE editions will be sold on Best Buy again - might be a viable option if things get super hairy on the nVidia shop!

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I am probably going to get the 3080 if I can and then get a new CPU/MOBO/RAM.

I'll get the faster SSD later and complete the build. I may then sell it for the 3090 when I have more money.

Mar 31, 2018
Wonder if the FE editions will be sold on Best Buy again - might be a viable option if things get super hairy on the nVidia shop!
Has it ever happened before that the Founders Edition was sold outside the Nvidia shop?

That would be good for me, if that happens in Europe as well. I have a debit card and cannot order from the Nvidia shop because there is no PayPal payment method.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'll have to wait for the release date for the 3090 to see the actual size of the PCB from Gamer's Nexus.

Are their dimensions of the PCB or pictures of it anywhere? I'll be putting this in a water loop so I don't care about the size of the fan shroud, but if the PCB is gigantic then there could be issues.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I'll have to wait for the release date for the 3090 to see the actual size of the PCB from Gamer's Nexus.

Are their dimensions of the PCB or pictures of it anywhere? I'll be putting this in a water loop so I don't care about the size of the fan shroud, but if the PCB is gigantic then there could be issues.
videocardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 PCB pictured - VideoCardz.com

A bare board for the GeForce RTX 3090 has been pictured. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition PCB Someone has leaked a bare board for the Ampere GA102-based GeForce RTX 3090 graphics card, the upcoming flagship model featuring 5248 CUDA cores and 24GB of GDDR6X memory. This board features...
It's huge, the full height of the card. Much shorter however.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent, thank you :)

So... Er... Anyone wanna buy a 2060 and a Corsair H110i?

I grabbed some Noctua slim fans for my H100i, that -should- give me the clearance to get the FE in comfortably (my clearance and the FE length are identical, so it's either going to not fit, or be incredibly snug) , and they work well on an AIO, according to this

www.overclock3d.net

Noctua NF-12x15 Slim Fan Performance Review - OC3D

Introduction A box of goodies is always appreciated here at OC3D towers, and when that box has the word Noctua written on it, you know you’re in for a treat.  So what’s in the box? I hear you ask.  Well aside from some much needed syringes of NT-H1 TIM, there were some of the […]

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah nvidia shop puts me off. They're probably fine but maybe issues with RMAs etc. Would rather deal with a more known quantity if possible

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Forget your busty women in boob-armour.

Get rid of your CGI metallo-dragons.

Nowadays it's all about U WOT M8:

ZJqC3UJ.png

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
videocardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 PCB pictured - VideoCardz.com

A bare board for the GeForce RTX 3090 has been pictured. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition PCB Someone has leaked a bare board for the Ampere GA102-based GeForce RTX 3090 graphics card, the upcoming flagship model featuring 5248 CUDA cores and 24GB of GDDR6X memory. This board features...
It's huge, the full height of the card. Much shorter however.

Wow! Thanks. This is perfect. I was more worried about length and this is even better. I have my card in a vertical orientation. The only thing I have to worry about is shortening my hard tubing just a bit to accomodate it.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've always gone third-party for the heatsinks. But that FE heatsink is a thing of beauty. Not just in looks, but in the engineering. I'm shocked this is going to be the cheapest option.
It really is spectacular looking. Sleek AND functional that I want to bite on that rather than third party. Conflicted conflicted!

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Having seen the GPUs from various vendors, I got to say that this generation probably has the ugliest GPUs yet. The Founder's Edition is the only one that doesn't look like it's designed for 10 year olds. Sure, you can just cram it into your case and never see it but still, do they really have to look that awful? Zotac and MSI are probably the least offensive ones this time.

Interesting that nobody is doing their version of the FE cooler either. Either it isn't as good as Nvidia says or it is too expensive to manufacture.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Having seen the GPUs from various vendors, I got to say that this generation probably has the ugliest GPUs yet. The Founder's Edition is the only one that doesn't look like it's designed for 10 year olds. Sure, you can just cram it into your case and never see it but still, do they really have to look that awful? Zotac and MSI are probably the least offensive ones this time.

Interesting that nobody is doing their version of the FE cooler either. Either it isn't as good as Nvidia says or it is too expensive to manufacture.
They were saying that it cost $150 to manufacture, so yeah, too expensive lol

soundtrack

Oct 28, 2017
Really curious to know the stock of these given the current state of manufacturing and the fact that no one is doing pre-orders. I imagine these are going to be sold out till 2021.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I will say that the design is probably pretty expensive since the layout is unique. It would definitely require more time on an assembly line which would equal more money.

If I were going to stick with just an air-cooled application, I'd probably stick with an FE card. Board partner cards look so ugly to me. I HATE gamer aesthetics.

Shocchiz

Nov 7, 2017
It really is spectacular looking. Sleek AND functional that I want to bite on that rather than third party. Conflicted conflicted!
I had a 2080 it FE, and it was sooooooooo sexy and extremely we'll built.
I switched for a Zotac, but even if the FE was a bit louder, I always regretted it.
This time I'll go for a FE, it's so beautiful (and the AIB cards are so ugly).
I'll also get a free game and subscription, I honestly don't get those even considering AIBs, but that's just me.

soundtrack

Oct 28, 2017
FE design definitely looks the best this time around. I really don't care what it looks like though, it's all about thermals and noise.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Im new to modern high priced gpus. The
Nvidia fe one, or third party with lights and other gizmos....are they essentialy the same? Are ones faster than the others? Any measurable differences or is it all looks ?

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Oof, I hope the 750 watt power supply won't be neccecary for the 3080 (is recommended in the spec sheet). With my new build got myself a 650watt >;<

outervision.com

Power Supply Calculator - PSU Calculator | OuterVision

Power Supply Calculator - Select computer parts and our online PSU calculator will calculate the required power supply wattage and amperage for your PC.

I used this site to calculate what's required, has the 3080 listed. With my 3700x, and a 3080 total power is 528w, 578w recommended. I also just built a pc with a 650w psu, corsair rmx 650w 80+ gold, but it looks like with a 650w there's plenty of buffer.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had a 2080 it FE, and it was sooooooooo sexy and extremely we'll built.
I switched for a Zotac, but even if the FE was a bit louder, I always regretted it.
This time I'll go for a FE, it's so beautiful (and the AIB cards are so ugly).
I'll also get a free game and subscription, I honestly don't get those even considering AIBs, but that's just me.
Yeah the more I look at it the more I really want the FE. I need to change my Liangli case though. I bought it 2 years ago but the graphics card doesn't sit right, It was very had to get it to sit properly

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Do we have any dates for when pre-orders will start?

Or anything on the MSI lines? I've only heard that there will be two and that the 3070 will be part of it.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
The best looking is still Zotac's unoffically Trans Pride one, but I haven't seen it listed anywhere in the UK yet to keep an eye on:

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gonna have a severely bottlenecked 3080 when I get one. I picked up a Ryzen R3 3100 purely as a stand-in until the R7 4700X gets released.

So that'll be fun.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
I need to get one of those Founders Edition cards. I signed up on the NVIDIA website to be notified when they're available, but is there anything else I can to to maximise my chances?

I'm from the UK, if that matters.