• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
New GPU series hopefully. Still using the 1080, but come next gen, I would probably have to upgrade.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hope: 3000 card news
Expectation and speculation: Nvidia specific raytracing feature for VR
Likely: Nothing to do with games

There, all my bases are covered for anything that does release on that day.

Anomander

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I might spend the extra 500 euros I wanted to spend on PS5 on the new cards. Now if I can sell my current 2080 for 400 euros I'll be set.

Oct 27, 2017
I want something that finally makes my 980ti feel outdated. It's been a good card, but I'm ready to upgrade as soon as someone shows me a GPU that's a huge step up.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're still doing live stream!

Maybe they want to announce geforce ampere and keep the live stream strictly AI/pro? I believe!
The live stream was canned too. They'll just do a press release. And Geforce wouldn't be the focus of this event, Tesla would be. At least we could see how Ampere works and figure out Geforce from that

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
NVIDIA VR headset. Foveated with eye tracking and some multidisplay layers to make it look very high res. Nvidia has researched VR for a long time now, the logo seems a given.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, hoping for 30xx news (not expecting a price or official specs, but even an official reveal would be nice), but not expecting it at this point.

AMD's not given any significant details on competition, so I imagine NVIDIA gonna hold out details for as long as they can.

Still hoping we see release before/around September for Cyberpunk, tho. Would be nice to be able to delay my new build until Zen3 and 30xx.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
sad if they come out with ANOTHER high end before AMD has even responded to the last...and I'm an AMD fanboy.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Are there any VR sets that utilize the USB c port on Turing cards yet?

No idea.

Tweet stated the same date noted in the op, with an emoji of a speaker, and animated visual indicated soundwaves.

Still ambiguous. I wonder if Nvidia AU/NZ scheduled tweets ahead of themselves for something that is no longer going forward, because nobody else seems to have tweeted them and now they're both pulled.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Both teases were simple animated graphics made up of vector lines. The first was shaped like an eye. The second implied soundwaves. Both tweets only stated a date, and the former an eye emoji and the latter a speaker emoji.

That's it.

Ah okay. Thank you. I'm ultra thirsty for 3000 series news so I really wanted to know loll. Seems like it won't be that.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Are there any VR sets that utilize the USB c port on Turing cards yet?

VirtualLink almost certainly died on the grapevine following Valve cancelling its planned adapter for the Index due to technical woes and lack of adoption on the GPU side (the article specifies laptops, but that seems like a miscommunication).

On the bright side, since it's based on USB-C, it supports the official Oculus Link cable just fine. Just as well, too, as it's the only USB-C port on my system, haha.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
VirtualLink almost certainly died on the grapevine following Valve cancelling its planned adapter for the Index due to technical woes and lack of adoption on the GPU side (the article specifies laptops, but that seems like a miscommunication).

On the bright side, since it's based on USB-C, it supports the official Oculus Link cable just fine. Just as well, too, as it's the only USB-C port on my system, haha.
Sucks, using USB C as a proper video port would have been cool

SayemAhmd

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 3, 2019
Got a 2070 Super at the start of the year, so I kinda hope they hold off on the 3000 cards for a ~little~ bit longer, since the performance jump is supposed to be pretty significant.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
If the recent GA102=140% of 2080ti is true then that is my next card. I hope that it is out at launch like the 20 series and not six months after.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Well, if we hear anything related to the 3000-series, it would be the 27th.
After they removed the tweets I have no idea what to expect from this. It is likely VR related, but I have no idea what to expect.