• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
About RTX Voice

NVIDIA RTX Voice is a new plugin that leverages NVIDIA RTX GPUs and their AI capabilities to remove distracting background noise from your broadcasts, voice chats, and remote video conferencing meetings. This allows users to "go live" or join a meeting without having to worry about unwanted sounds like loud keyboard typing or other ambient noise in noisy environments. RTX Voice also suppresses background noise from players in loud environments, making incoming audio easier to understand.
RTX Voice is currently in Beta and we would love to hear your feedback.

Requirements

To use RTX Voice, you must be using an NVIDIA GeForce or Quadro RTX graphics card, update to Driver 410.18 or newer, and be on Windows 10.

Supported Apps
  • OBS Studio
  • XSplit Broadcaster
  • XSplit Gamecaster
  • Twitch Studio
  • Discord
  • Google Chrome
  • WebEx*
  • Skype*
  • Zoom*
  • Slack*
* RTX Voice speaker output may exhibit issues in these apps.

www.nvidia.com

NVIDIA RTX Voice: Setup Guide

A quick-start guide to installing and using RTX Voice beta, NVIDIA's background noise removal plugin.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Now that Discord had something like this, it sucked to hear my keyboard in Instant Replay (Shadowplay) recordings, so this is awesome. Or at least will be the day I upgrade to a RTX.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Just tried it in a stream, HOLY SHIT
Didn't even know he had music playing until I manually turned it off..... It was just his voice
It does muffle the voice a bit on the receiving end, haven't tried it with my mic yet, just testing in a stream right now

Jul 26, 2018
This will help me alot.

I wanna start streaming soon and I remember how some of my viewers can hear my family talking and my dogs barking. Hopefully this will help.

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
The muffle part is more of a loss in quality which is bad, but it for sure works outside of that
Just got in discord with a friend who has mic sounds randomly and his mic is always lit up because of it, heard none of it at all and someone in discord was even playing music loudly in the background and eating, also heard none of that
Doesn't seem to do much to my mic though, I even have a Yeti and people still heard my loud ass keyboard

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't hear other peoples but they hear mine still
I have it setup properly and everything, I was doing an audio test in windows and my keyboard still sounds pretty identical

Do you use Discord? They just put noise suppression in that works really well for me, people don't hear mine at all.

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
Do you use Discord? They just put noise suppression in that works really well for me, people don't hear mine at all.
Noise suppression is on automatically for most people, they even tell you to turn it off if youre using RTX voice, just doesn't do much for my setup I guess
Probably the high quality mic I have

Oct 28, 2017
Seems that it's essentially a noise gate/expander/noise reduction plug-in, so people who aren't using supported cards should be able accomplish the same effect using VST plug-ins if their software supports them. Still cool that it seems to work so seamlessly.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just tried with a friend, when we play racing games with a wheel, he hears when I shift gears with the paddles when I talk, I enabled RTX Voice and he can't hear it anymore.
Really nice feature.

Galava

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
It actually works with everything you hear, it can eliminate the noise from twitch streams for example as well

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
I don't hear other peoples but they hear mine still
I have it setup properly and everything, I was doing an audio test in windows and my keyboard still sounds pretty identical
It seemed to mostly remove the sound of my husband's mechanical keyboard, especially when it was just the sound of typing and nothing else.
Awesome. The most annoying thing from doing voice chat with my groups is mechanical keyboards sound. Everyone have one and since everyone use voice detection it's always there.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Noise suppression is on automatically for most people, they even tell you to turn it off if youre using RTX voice, just doesn't do much for my setup I guess
Probably the high quality mic I have

The Krisp noise suppression? It was not on automatically for myself or anybody else in my server. I had to manually toggle it and it is night and day.

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
The Krisp noise suppression? It was not on automatically for myself or anybody else in my server. I had to manually toggle it and it is night and day.
Yup, just had to disable it, never once enabled it so it was just there by default, same for my friends who just downloaded the app

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Yea talking to my mom on Google Voice with it with loud music in the background and she can't hear it at all. Not until I stopped talking for an extended period of time could she hear a bit of it, which again went away when I started talking.

very impressive.

Galava

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
There is a problem though, if you enable noise reduction for all incoming audio (to reduce noise from other people's noise on voice chat), it also "mutes" your own game audio. Unless I got something configured incorrectly, this app definitely needs an option to reduce noise from certain programs and not others. I would want to reduce noise from my voice chats but not from the game I'm playing.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
There is a problem though, if you enable noise reduction for all incoming audio (to reduce noise from other people's noise on voice chat), it also "mutes" your own game audio. Unless I got something configured incorrectly, this app definitely needs an option to reduce noise from certain programs and not others. I would want to reduce noise from my voice chats but not from the game I'm playing.
That definitely seems like it would be unintended for a gaming-specific application like this one. Are you sure you have everything configured correctly?

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That definitely seems like it would be unintended for a gaming-specific application like this one. Are you sure you have everything configured correctly?

It says in the instructions to not enable that option unless you absolutely need it for this very reason, it would probably be hard to implement for specific programs since its acting as a virtual device in between the source and the output

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Damn this is surprising but also makes me happy those cores are being used for a bunch of things now.

Galava

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Damn this is surprising but also makes me happy those cores are being used for a bunch of things now.
In time RTX Tensor Cores will be used to decide what game you want to play at any given time by learning about you. No more "I don't know what to play".
/s

:) But yeah, really cool that we are actually seeing some real uses of tensor cores.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The real question.... does it get rid of the little click sounds you make when you have a dry mouth?

🤔

Deleted member 28962

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This works better than voicemeeter in making my Snowball mic sound better.

Looks like this creates a constant power request in the background like voicemeeter(you can check this by typing powercfg /requests in the cmd window). Your PC won't go to sleep automatically on its own as long as there's a power request.

Last edited:

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is super cool but i broke my installation of it and can't fix it. I tried out the option to filter incoming audio because i have some people in my friend group that don't seem to care how much noise their mics pick up, but I didn't like it so i turned it off. The virtual device it created kept taking default audio for game launches so I went to disable it in Windows settings since unchecking it in the RTX voice app didnt work, and this rendered my RTX voice app unable to open, the devices vanished from Device Manager, and a re-install doesn't fix it.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried it out on DIscord. Works way better than the Noise Cancellation on there.

Was slamming on my keyboard and Discord was showing nothing. Wow.

There's a little audio quirkiness when it's blocking out a lot of sounds but I feel like unless your really listening it should be fine, especially for something like Discord.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Ok I'm going to have to check this out tomorrow. Thought in concerned about the possible performance impact in game. I'll also need to figure out how to implement this with my Voicemeeter setup.

Seems like it'll be great for cutting out me box fan noise I'm summer.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Update, fixed it, there's a separate Nvidia Virtual Audio device controller that doesnt remove itself when you uninstall RTX voice.

Interesting. Will give it a whirl. Is there a way to get it working with Teamspeak?

It acts as a virtual microphone so setting the TS input to RTX voice theoretically would work

Ok I'm going to have to check this out tomorrow. Thought in concerned about the possible performance impact in game. I'll also need to figure out how to implement this with my Voicemeeter setup.

Seems like it'll be great for cutting out me box fan noise I'm summer.

Didn't notice any performance issues when I've been using it.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Update, fixed it, there's a separate Nvidia Virtual Audio device controller that doesnt remove itself when you uninstall RTX voice.

It acts as a virtual microphone so setting the TS input to RTX voice theoretically would work

Didn't notice any performance issues when I've been using it.
The Epos Vox video mentioned 5-10% performance hit and possibly up to 25% if you use it on input and output, but that might be for low
tier cards. It'll be interesting to see benchmarks.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
I've been using this ever since it released, actually been blown away. I personally have a Razer BlackWidow Elite for my desktop, which is quite audible when typing, but RTX Voice cancels out all of it. Used on Discord all weekend, works flawlessly.

Props to NVIDIA, this is great stuff.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Epos Vox video mentioned 5-10% performance hit and possibly up to 25% if you use it on input and output, but that might be for low
tier cards. It'll be interesting to see benchmarks.

Well on my machine it has had no noticeable impact whatsoever in my experience this week. I'm on a 2080.

I've been using this ever since it released, actually been blown away. I personally have a Razer BlackWidow Elite for my desktop, which is quite audible when typing, but RTX Voice cancels out all of it. Used on Discord all weekend, works flawlessly.

Props to NVIDIA, this is great stuff.

It is pretty remarkable, actually. I have an Alt keyboard with halo clears and it is very loud/ 3 inches away from my mic and it doesn't pick it up at all. I literally have to slam my desk for it to pick something up that isn't my voice.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if you could use a second cheap dedicated card to not get performance drops

Has anyone actually showed any performance loss in-game other than what this guy said?

I've used it and literally can't notice a difference... it is also supposedly using the tensor cores which go unused if you're not using RTX right?