• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jensen Huang is such a genuinely passionate CEO. Just hear this man talk about the breakthroughs of his company. He has a damn high approval rating from his employees.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
So was that Moore's law youtuber actually correct, or just piggybacking off other rumors that were already out there?

I can't say I was REALLY expecting it, but I admit I'm still a bit disappointed there's no news on consumer cards.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Jensen Huang is such a genuinely passionate CEO. Just hear this man talk about the breakthroughs of his company. He has a damn high approval rating from his employees.
I mean...think about it. Almost all tech companies from the 80s/90s are now no longer lead by its founder. Nvidia is one of the few left from the 90s still lead by its founder (the other i can remember is jeff bezos).

He's definitely doing something right for the company else his position would have been outed by the board if he underperforms.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
the inference performance is crazy, 20x with sparse matrix compression over V100. So I am not sure how it compares with Turing tensor core, core for core from this presentation. If anything, DLSS performance on new cards is going to be really good, 4K*** for everybody, even on their entry level 3060 card could be a thing when you compare with what we have now.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
True but I think DLSS and the competition's equivalent will be massively helped by the next-gen consoles and PC GPU's.

You thnk AMD have a super computer backed neural network trying to replicate DLSS and will it even be close to Nvidias solution?

MS atleast have like a trillion dollars and a buch of Azure networked super computers to get their AI to learn what to do.....AMD I dont know.

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People shouldn't be fooled that DLSS removes the soullessness of an upscaled image. I tried Control DLSS 2.0 @ 1080 (rendered in 720) and it looks miles from a native 1080 image. For me it's still easy to chose native resolution with RTX off before DLSS if you are playing at 1080p. I would like to see it in action on higher resolutions though.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
I've been jumping from video to video but cant find any consumer GPUs.

Aside from DLSS and Raytracing I'm not sure if there is anything for me here unless I missed something.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You thnk AMD have a super computer backed neural network trying to replicate DLSS and will it even be close to Nvidias solution?

MS atleast have like a trillion dollars and a buch of Azure networked super computers to get their AI to learn what to do.....AMD I dont know.
Just like the RTX stuff, I think that more than one company is working on and has DLSS like capability. I am sure its early days but the better NVIDIA do, the easier it becomes for other people to replicate.

MS are sure to have access to the computational power they need, as you mention. Maybe they are making that link with AMD to make it work. Who knows! Its pretty exciting to see tech being used in interesting and game-changing ways.

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
The 5W autonomous chip would be interesting to take a look at for a potential Switch 2. I know they are very different from a cpu point of view but would be good to get an idea of what you can do at 5w with Ampere.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 5W autonomous chip would be interesting to take a look at for a potential Switch 2. I know they are very different from a cpu point of view but would be good to get an idea of what you can do at 5w with Ampere.
that chip still probably contains a lot of parts unrelated to gaming, so the relevant bits might not be up go gaming spec

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can see people getting embarrassed by the recommender system (Merlin) when they are in a public environment.

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
that chip still probably contains a lot of parts unrelated to gaming, so the relevant bits might not be up go gaming spec
I know but it should give us at least a glimpse into what ampere at 5w would look like. A gaming focused version could probably preform even better if they cut out all the unnecessary stuff.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Jarvis conversational tech is super interesting. I can't wait to see this start being utilized out in the wild. But this could mean people in call centers might be put out of a job in the future. Especially if real time translation actually becomes streamlined.

Deleted member 65994

Banned
Apr 14, 2020
If I counted right, this thing got 500.000.000 transistors for every CU. (x 108)
In comparison, the rx 5700 got 257,500.000 for every CU (x 40)

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I just want to talk about this

XRCSSed.jpg

xjCoCjH.jpg

low-G

Oct 25, 2017

What the fuck this is the Marble Madness RTX clone I've been talking about for over a year, and Nvidia just goes and does it with such quality. Do we have a secret Nvidia engineer here?

This really needs to be released! But I guess it would require a next gen GPU...