• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone tried BFV multiplayer, by any chance?
The only Origin game supported at the moment is Apex Legends.

What games can be played on GeForce Now?
Nvidia has not released an official list of supported games. However, you can search for a game on their website to see if it's supported, and if it isn't, the site will give you a link to request the game to be added.

Alternatively, you can check the games available at launch using this Google spreadsheet.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering though, that game was free with my shield and when I launched the the app I wasn't a full member. I wonder if either of those meant I only got the lower card.

As for the library, that is the major issue with the service just now. The selection of games is miniscule and you need to buy them. So it's not really suitable for someone like me without a modern gaming PC. With the Xcloud trial that I also loaded up on my shield, there's less games but I can play them all.
Yeah maybe, but I read here that the specs for the free and founder sub was the same. However, the move to RTX 2080 happened quite recently so maybe you got pushed onto an old server blade? Or maybe Batman is taxing on any system?

Cool that xCloud can be used on Shield, didn't know that, I've only heard about the mobile experience so far which is uninteresting for me. I'll happily try it out like that when it arrives here.
But for me it's still a bit of a hit and miss, Xbox One S versions doesn't interest me much today, once they upgrade to Xbox Series X it'll be a much more interesting platform.
But it feels like Geforce Now will always be ahead as long as they can keep the stream snappy and stable.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Start an EGS game you don't own and it'll open the client with an error. After that you can install and play any game you want (as long as there's space in the VM). I expect this to be patched sadly.

Must have been patched out. Got an error saying I don't own it and had to hard exit to get back to the menu.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah maybe, but I read here that the specs for the free and founder sub was the same. However, the move to RTX 2080 happened quite recently so maybe you got pushed onto an old server blade? Or maybe Batman is taxing on any system?

Cool that xCloud can be used on Shield, didn't know that, I've only heard about the mobile experience so far which is uninteresting for me. I'll happily try it out like that when it arrives here.
But for me it's still a bit of a hit and miss, Xbox One S versions doesn't interest me much today, once they upgrade to Xbox Series X it'll be a much more interesting platform.
But it feels like Geforce Now will always be ahead as long as they can keep the stream snappy and stable.

I'm not sure what will be ahead graphically this time next year but Xcloud is probably going to have Gamepass which would be amazing especially on a
TV with full pad support.

I could see myself using both with Xcloud being the main one and GFN filling in gaps.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what will be ahead graphically this time next year but Xcloud is probably going to have Gamepass which would be amazing especially on a
TV with full pad support.

I could see myself using both with Xcloud being the main one and GFN filling in gaps.
Yeah they've confirmed that xCloud will be included with Game Pass. That's a clever move!
But I'm just thinking that Nvidia will be ahead of the others graphically simply because they're doing the best GPUs.
However, I think Stadia's hardware stacking sounds interesting, if it's well thought out it could become a big deal going forward since the games don't need to be playable on any console or PC.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, people are way too negative in general here, if I get the games and the same or better performance and graphics through the cloud then cloud gaming will absolutely be an alternative to local hardware for my living room gaming. Both Stadia and Geforce Now has reached the point where it's good enough for me for some couch gaming.

And my Stadia sub won't be cancelled as long as they can offer interesting Pro games, I like the service, it actually works.

But Stadia absolutely need to change the economics if they want me to purchase games, that's so important going forward. Purchasing a full price regular PC version on Steam that can be played on PC or streamed through Geforce Now will forever beat a full price Stadia port that can only be streamed through Stadia, I wouldn't consider the Stadia port even for a second unless it was a lot cheaper or offered something more.

Definitely. Before the end of the year Stadia will probably change the business model or at least offer a Gamepass like service along with the store. Geforce Now can't be easier to recommend with the free unlimited hour sessions, Ray Tracing enabled GPUs with the payed subscription and being able to play games you already have. I even started buying games with support for Ray Tracing, because I can now take full advantage of them.

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
Must say what a massive difference ethernet over wireless makes. Just took my iMac downstairs and plugged it in to my ethernet port, played destiny 2 for over an hour and didn't have a single hiccup or stutter, picture was perfect and never dropped resolution or a frame once. My wireless has full signal upstairs and gets 300mb/s but I guess its dropping packets that aren't ever dropped on ethernet. If you can try it hardwired as the experience is flawless (aside from the soft image)

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely. Before the end of the year Stadia will probably change the business model or at least offer a Gamepass like service along with the store. Geforce Now can't be easier to recommend with the free unlimited hour sessions, Ray Tracing enabled GPUs with the payed subscription and being able to play games you already have. I even started buying games with support for Ray Tracing, because I can now take full advantage of them.
Yeah, my PC is old and tired so I can actually can push up the details when I play the games through Geforce Now, that's a big deal for me. Maybe I can hold off on upgrading the PC awhile longer now.
What games have ray-tracing support right now?
I want Shadow of the Tomb Raider! I played through it on Xbox but started playing it on PC awhile back and it looks insanely good even when I've lowered some settings. Can't imagine how it looks with ray-tracing on.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, my PC is old and tired so I can actually can push up the details when I play the games through Geforce Now, that's a big deal for me. Maybe I can hold off on upgrading the PC awhile longer now.
What games have ray-tracing support right now?
I want Shadow of the Tomb Raider! I played through it on Xbox but started playing it on PC awhile back and it looks insanely good even when I've lowered some settings. Can't imagine how it looks with ray-tracing on.

Unfortunately Shadow of the Tomb Raider is not supported on GFN. I bought Wolfenstein Youngblood, Deliver us the moon and Metro Exodus. All of them work great. Quake RTX also works great as a free demo.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Must say what a massive difference ethernet over wireless makes. Just took my iMac downstairs and plugged it in to my ethernet port, played destiny 2 for over an hour and didn't have a single hiccup or stutter, picture was perfect and never dropped resolution or a frame once. My wireless has full signal upstairs and gets 300mb/s but I guess its dropping packets that aren't ever dropped on ethernet. If you can try it hardwired as the experience is flawless (aside from the soft image)

Were you using 2.4GHz or 5GHz wifi?

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
5ghz. I mean it works fine for me in Wi-fi but I do get fairly frequent stutters. Nothing that prevents me from actually gaming but wired is just so much more consistent.

Yeah, there is a noticeable difference from 2.4 to 5Ghz wifi and from 5Ghz to Ethernet. The problem with 5Ghz is that the signal degrades a lot as you move further away from the router.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
got a dual band WiFi adapter for my old PC upstairs and things have been smooth sailing, no noticable stutters or package loss. Things have been impressive so far.

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question sorry; does the game need to be installed on Steam to play? So games I have in my library on my laptop but they aren't actually installed, would they run on GFNow?

Mar 31, 2018
Right now you can just choose Apex and then when the Origin client loads, just choose another game to install.

I'm sure they will fix this loophole soon..
I found the loophole, but I can't install Battlefield V due to lack of Cloud storage.
How did you fix that? I don't think I can remove Apex Legends from the Origin client to make room for Battlefield V.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Can I check out raytracing right now with this with the $5 tier? Or is it a luck of the draw or a down the line feature?

I only have Metro on gamepass and didn't really want Control...hmm maybe I'll grab young blood if I can check it out now.

Nov 14, 2017
Been playing a few matches of Fortnite with the free tier before committing, but I'm definitely impressed.

I barely notice the latency, but on Destiny 2 it's far more noticeable..

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Can I check out raytracing right now with this with the $5 tier? Or is it a luck of the draw or a down the line feature?

I only have Metro on gamepass and didn't really want Control...hmm maybe I'll grab young blood if I can check it out now.

With the $5.00 subscription you can enable ray tracing on every game that supports it.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I wish this Origin thing was intended. I'd pick up some games on there. Just tried it with Need For Speed Most wanted and it worked. I don't have more than a handful of games on there.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
As usual my internet connection is too slow. Can't wait to move into my new home to finall get 300mbit/s.. The idea, however, sounds neat. Makes me consider selling my gaming laptop in order to get something more comfortable concerning the weight and travel compatibility

Dec 14, 2019
I just played The Witcher 3 for an hour in my bed room. I'm connected trough a 5 GHz wireless connection, and my router is placed downstairs. I didn't notice any lag or connectivity issues at all. If it's worth mentioning I'm using an Asus AX11000 router trough Wifi 6, so my network equipment is high end at the moment. But yeah, consider me impressed. I'm definitely becoming a Founder Member.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
My plan failed, I purchased a new Xbox1 remote to use on my sideloaded Gerforce clients on my firesticks and have the exact same problem as the DS4. It will not acknowlege the option button and no rumble.

As I don't own an xb1 I should probably send it back to Amazon lol

Zaphod

Aug 21, 2019
Witcher 3, Doom and Bioshock remastered have all ran perfectly on my system using ethernet. I wish I could play Metro Redux from the Epic store.

Oct 25, 2017
My plan failed, I purchased a new Xbox1 remote to use on my sideloaded Gerforce clients on my firesticks and have the exact same problem as the DS4. It will not acknowlege the option button and no rumble.

As I don't own an xb1 I should probably send it back to Amazon lol

What fire sticks do you have? The client doesn't like my gen 2 stick, just crashes.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Does the Epic Game Store version of Metro Exodus work with Geforce Now? Thinking of picking it up and signing up to check out the raytracing. It's only £11 with the voucher on EGS - never used mine.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Does the Epic Game Store version of Metro Exodus work with Geforce Now? Thinking of picking it up and signing up to check out the raytracing. It's only £11 with the voucher on EGS - never used mine.

Yes.

So, I played Skyrim and noticed it downloaded my Workshops mods, I wonder if that applies to all games that have Workshop mods. I guess it makes sense that it would download them but I was afraid all games would be vanilla.