• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Works great for me. I also use Shadow and I have a good connection - game streaming works well for me generally.

I wish they supported more of my library, though. No Resident Evil 2 is a big missing one. Also the Witcher 3 is available on desktop but not Android from what I can tell - that's weird.

Anyway, it's working well for me, I'll make use of the 90 day trial at least. I'm replaying Doom on my phone and it's going great. Might buy Wolfenstein Youngblood just to play with RTX a bit.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
So Dauntless is actually pretty fun. I will definitely be giving more F2P games a try now that I don't have to wait for the download, well besides Path of Exile lol. It's pretty quick though.

Oct 25, 2017
This service is also a nice supplement to Shadow for me. Shadow is a full Windows machine, so you can install mods and any games you could on Windows, but the available storage is really small and it's kind of fiddly - sometimes you have to mess with the video drivers and it can be inconsistent on Android.

GFN is a nice add, because you don't have to worry about storage and it works VERY well on Android. So I can have access to more games without having to uninstall things from Shadow, and for games that work on a phone + xbox controller + clip, it's an ideal experience.

I'll probably dump Shadow in a year or so and build a PC with an Ampere card, but I can see continuing with GFN for $5/mo just because I like playing games on my phone sometimes.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled my old mibox out of the closet. Now to figure out where to get the most recent APK...

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
I have a loooot of free games on Epic but GFN only allows me to use the steam versions for the vast majority :( Easily the big shame so far.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If they could nab Monster Hunter World this could be perfect.
Yeah, there's a noticeable lack of Capcom in the launch lineup. I hope they add their games to it soon. Same for Square Enix-- streaming FF14 or FF15 away from home would be fantastic.

I don't get it. What's the 6 hour thing for?
If you get the founders membership, you can play any given game for up to six hours at a time. That six hours countdown (which you don't actually see) resets every time you exit a game, including if you run the countdown to zero and get kicked out. You can immediately start the game back up though.

It's basically just there to give people in the queue a chance to get into a session at the time you exit the game. But, the founders membership also gives you priority over free users in the queue.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I think it's funny anyone would be bothered by the 6 hour thing. Ahh, to be young again or a streamer. I can't even get that much time to play in a row on the weekend. Maybe it's a good time to take a break, hit the gym. :P

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's funny anyone would be bothered by the 6 hour thing. Ahh, to be young again or a streamer. I can't even get that much time to play in a row on the weekend. Maybe it's a good time to take a break, hit the gym. :P
Yeah, it really isn't that big a problem since most people probably won't be playing for six hours at a time. And even for those who do, they can just go right back into the game. I don't mind it personally.

Dec 5, 2017
Just ran into a strange bug. Pillars of Eternity 2 wouldn't let me change the resolution higher than 720p. The menu option was available in the games settings menu but didn't seem to actually apply and any time I closed the menu and reopened it still said 720.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Will shared libraries also show up as playable to you?
They should. All GeForce Now does is launch Steam in big picture mode and launch the game. As long as you have access to the game in question and it's supported by Now, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I can't say for certainty though, I don't share my Steam library. You should be able to try it for free and see if it works.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled my old mibox out of the closet. Now to figure out where to get the most recent APK...
This worked but ran terribly. Anyone use GeForce on a Mibox? Debating if I should buy a usb ethernet adapter.

I was connected 5ghz about a foot from the router so wondering if the box is too weak

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Got quite good performance on GR: Breakpoint, on WiFi too. 1080p, max settings, very responsive and smooth frame rate.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't see how this is in any way sustainable economically for Nvidia. They don't even earn royalties from games. But enjoy it while it lasts!

Nah it's all good. I'm sure these are teaser intro prices but meh, there's tons of competition incoming in this sector. There's also a million ways to monetize user data that doesn't involve a subscription fee :)

mattyhochs

May 9, 2018
I'm confused by the people saying performance on Doom 2016 is poor. It's been a smooth 60 FPS for me.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still getting absolutely abysmal performance here in the GTA. I have 200mb up and down.

wvCrkv8.png

Last edited:

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Booted up Fallout NV on my Pixel 2....buttery smooth on highest settings. Played great. Im very impressed.

Can't get Half Life 1 or 2 to work though which is a bummer

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I'm confused by the people saying performance on Doom 2016 is poor. It's been a smooth 60 FPS for me.
I think that's going on here, is that some are getting pushed to datacenters/locations with the older hardware. Which makes sense now. Nvidia mentioned they were still rolling out hardware, and seeing how some are saying they were on the Tesla P40 which is the older hardware, vs the RTX 10-8 which is the newer RTX enabled hardware.

It would be interesting if everyone could take note of where they're connecting to. And if you're checking out DOOM, to enable the stats as it shows you what GPU the game is using.

So far, 10x now I've been on RTX 10-8. I'm also in North America, connecting to the East Coast location.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Tried Dark Souls Remastered and it played really well. Wow.

The screenshots taken remotely can be uploaded from Steam Overlay. Neat.

61D0265A46AC0E4A0BE01A24C88A9080A9482549

Last edited:

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I've been happy with what time I spent trying out the beta via Shield TV. It's been a great experience on the games that are natively supported through the GFN app. I'm on hardwired fiber though which I realize is not the norm. It's also worked well with the shield controller, the Switch Pro controller, and the 8bitdo SN30 Pro+.

I signed up for the founders plan. If they can keep the pricing reasonably in check and continue building out the library of supported games I think this service will have some legs in the market.

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
SoulCalibur 6 plays remarkably well for a fighting game. I pumped up graphics settings to 200 native res just for laughs and the system held up pretty well (not steady 60fps tho).

Has anyone tried playing games online? Is this theoretically a better solution for smooth online matches than playing on my pc at home over wifi?

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Absolutely blows Stadia out of the water with only a few downfalls:
1. Cannot Chromecast to a TV
2. Time-limited sessions
3. Lack of instant launch time

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
This is kind of a gamechanger for me. I have a small SD drive on my Surface Book and it's not super capable for gaming, so I don't really like to waste space on games. This makes me want to consider getting more games if I don't have to worry about feeling bad about all the space it's using up.

I just hope to see support for Chromecast, Roku, and near-instant game launches sometime soon. Also more games supporting the service would be great.

Oct 27, 2017
Trying this on Android works really well. Steam Big Picture kinda makes it feel a little more streamlined. I did have a problem getting Dark Souls 3 to "install". But it eventually did

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
It's interesting that they decided to launch Geforce Now before announcing the 30XX cards.

Lovin' the service. I imagine in some cases it's actually preferable even if you have the capable hardware; e.g. if you don't want your laptop/case fans to kick in, or you want to keep temperatures down; or if you simply want to use your local cpu/gpu cycles for something more productive while you play a game over the internet. For me it's ideal because my gpu straight up died. This actually makes me glad I didn't drop over a grand on a new computer over the holidays.

Once the chromebook compatibility kicks in I'll be a happy camper.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
signed up since the first 90 days are free and tried out sonic racing. felt pretty responsive and it looked pretty good. gonna try other games tomorrow.

MykhellMikado

Alt account
Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Anyone know if there is a way to turn on touch controls like on the Android app for a windows touch screen computer? I have a couple of old surfaces and that could completely change things for me gaming wise

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how to get it to open a game in EGS rather than Steam? Some of the games in my library I own on EGS but it wants to open in Steam. :(

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know how to get it to open a game in EGS rather than Steam? Some of the games in my library I own on EGS but it wants to open in Steam. :(

Be careful when adding games to your library! There are often multiple entries based on platform. EGS versions will have a little EGS logo in corner. Wish it was more obvious or they just had single entries and let you choose when launching.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Only some EGS games are supported, there should be an EPIC icon on the game image.
Be careful when adding games to your library! There are often multiple entries based on platform. EGS versions will have a little EGS logo in corner. Wish it was more obvious or they just had single entries and let you choose when launching.
I did not know this, thank you both! Looks like some games just aren't available through EGS right now, so stuff like Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Celeste, Rime, etc., I can't play. Oh well, lots of other stuff to try out for now, and hopefully more EGS games get added.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely blows Stadia out of the water with only a few downfalls:
1. Cannot Chromecast to a TV
2. Time-limited sessions
3. Lack of instant launch time
I'm enjoying it, but tech wise Stadia beats the ever loving shit out of it

I have a speed test result of 511/530mbps with a 3ms ping on my PC and 80% of the time I have the unstable icon on my screen. I have had multiple bad VM's where i have to cancel out and relaunch and the resolution will constantly change.

I love the flexibility of Geforce and am having fun messing around (i.e sideloading to my ancient mibox to currently hilarious results). It is great for me as I will finally pick up RPG and games that are not really console friendly and finally being able to pick up some PC games.

It is not a black and white Stadia bad/Geforce good. Both have some strong pro's and cons

But I said it before, Stadia and Geforce Now are very different products.