• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I have a 1080 Ti and I'm growing to resent it purely for the lack of DLSS hahaha. God I want that feature so bad. But I absolutely cannot justifying upgrading my GPU when next gen consoles are a few months from release.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully i can activate the ray tracing at 1080p 60fps with my 2070S

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any chance DLSS will one day be applicable to any game without specific development ? The same way you can force antialiasing in the Nvidia settings for example ? Unless all future games will systematically implement it ?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
With DLSS 2.0 you'll run it at 60fps with ray tracing, no reason to turn the main graphical showcase option off.
I couldn't run Control with max Raytracing in stable 60FPS@1440p DLSS2 on 2070S. I highly doubt Cyberpunk will be less demanding.

Do we know the framerate of the demo? That run on a RTX2080TI and only at 1080p

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't run Control with max Raytracing in stable 60FPS@1440p DLSS2 on 2070S. I highly doubt Cyberpunk will be less demanding.

Do we know the framerate of the demo? That run on a RTX2080TI and only at 1080p
He who is not allowed to be posted here said a 2080ti ran it at 70-80 fps with every setting on at 1080p.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Hope to run at 30fps 2560x1080 with Ray tracing on.
RTX2060, don't really want to spend on a new card with new consoles coming out at the same time!.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a 1080 Ti and I'm growing to resent it purely for the lack of DLSS hahaha. God I want that feature so bad. But I absolutely cannot justifying upgrading my GPU when next gen consoles are a few months from release.
DLSS and integer scaling too. I want that clean 1080p 120hz on my 4K TV while I wait for HDMI 2.1 sets to arrive.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can dlss work on GeForce now ? It's limited to 1080p which is a bit a letdown but if that could make it looks much better I may dip on the pc version this time

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
He who is not allowed to be posted here said a 2080ti ran it at 70-80 fps with every setting on at 1080p.
That's good to hear. Still doubt stable 60 fps at 1440p on a 2070S. 1080p to 1440p alone is a big performance hit and a 2080ti is what, like 30% more powerful than a 2070S?

But it will run fine on a 2070S with some fine tuning.

Oct 30, 2017
My 2080 Ti may have met it's match. I run 3440x1440 so I don't think I can even get 60 FPS at max settings with dlss 2.0.

I can already hear my wallet angrily screaming at me...

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
Edit: on that note, what screens are people planning to use for this?

I'm waiting for reviews of Samsung Odyssey G7, on paper it seems great: curved 31.5'', 1440p, 240Hz (!), QLED ("quantum dots"), Freesync Premium Pro (G-Sync compatible), HDR 600.
This sounds just about perfect for me, the question is whether the colors, contrast and responsiveness are good in reality (hopefully, reviews will come soon).

I'm a firm believer in "more fps is better than higher resolution", so 1440p is perfect. It's completely clear that even with DLSS 2.0 even an RTX 3080Ti (or RTX 3090, whatever it's going to be called) won't deliver much higher fps than 60 at 4K in Cyberpunk 2077 (on ultra, with all raytracing features etc; I'm even doubting that 4K@60fps would be possible, actually), and for me 120fps vs 60fps is a much more noticeable difference than 4K vs 1440p.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
This game support HDR? It better, and I can just imagine how it look in during night. Stunning, especially on OLED. ;).

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I want to run this at the lowest framerate possible so I can savour every frame. I hate running at high framerates because I miss so much detail as the frames whiz by.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
My 2060 will cry, won't it? Especially because I usually run games at 1440p.

Maybe it'll be enough for 60 with DLSS 2.0 and RT reflections. I don't believe it, but maybe.

Galava

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
My 2060 will cry, won't it? Especially because I usually run games at 1440p.

Maybe it'll be enough for 60 with DLSS 2.0 and RT reflections. I don't believe it, but maybe.
Reflections are usually the most expensive RT effect, as it needs more rays per pixel to "reflect" an image. Shadows, SSAO and GI use a lot less rays than reflections. If one setting will tank performance, it will be reflections :/

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Reflections are usually the most expensive RT effect, as it needs more rays per pixel to "reflect" an image. Shadows, SSAO and GI use a lot less rays than reflections. If one setting will tank performance, it will be reflections :/
metro exodus RTX GI is pretty heavy on the gpu

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I'm curious if the Geforce NOW version will link with a purchase from Steam or GOG. I'd be open to buying the game on either storefront, but would appreciate the option to play it either on my PC or through GFN.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Can't wait to play this with 720p at 60fps but actually looking better than native 1080p!

Screenshots look gorgeous... now imagine those with less CA. Holly moly!

on that note, what screens are people planning to use for this?
My 1440p 144Hz PC monitor. VRR is godsend so I don't have to worry about uneven fps and when they drop a bit below 60 occasionally.

Oct 31, 2017
I have no concern of how my current GPU will run it...
More than anything I'm wondering how the next one will do.

What performances can be expected with a 3070/3080, I wonder.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
3440 x 1440 / (Very) High settings / RT / DLSS 2.0

Yeah... I think 2080Ti is toast, give me that 3090.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GeForce Now support makes me happy.
Will be a tough decision between streaming it in high quality on my Win 2 and the PS5 version.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
That's great. I assumed that it was going to support DLSS 2.0, but until now there was nothing concrete. This means that my goal of 1440p + ray tracing at 60fps+ should be easily attainable once Ampere arrives.

Supposedly all other, but reflection RT effects were up and running.

You trust him to spot the difference between SSR and RT reflections?

They were up, or they weren't up? He said he was playing at 1080p/60 with ray tracing, yet strangely enough the B-roll footage Digital Foundry got was 4K/30 with no ray tracing. Seems kind of odd to give out that footage now if ray tracing was already available.

And doesn't SSR have obvious artifacts when characters or other objects interact with them in some way?

Nov 2, 2017
One would think that something similar will no doubt be implemented eventually.
I feel we would've heard about it by now because it needs hardware support to run efficiently. If RDNA2 would have something like Tensor cores then I feel AMD or one of the console makers would've advertised it already. I doubt they're keeping it a secret.

Or maybe you're talking about methods to upscale in general then we already have something like this on consoles: checkerboard rendering or even temporal upscaling.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
They were up, or they weren't up? He said he was playing at 1080p/60 with ray tracing, yet strangely enough the B-roll footage Digital Foundry got was 4K/30 with no ray tracing. Seems kind of odd to give out that footage now if ray tracing was already available.

And doesn't SSR have obvious artifacts when characters or other objects interact with them in some way?

Supposedly all other RT'd effects, BUT reflections were up and running. Reflections were off and disabled from options. I think that some German PC gaming site mentioned this when they looked at settings? Also DLSS 2 was on.

This was for those who were doing hands-on event with on-site hardware. I don't think anyone who did remote with GF Now have commented on RT.

Yes, SSR does cause all kinds of artifacts and break into reflections. I just question if SkillUp is knowledgeable enough to spot that or to know difference?

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
This is post next gen right here. I seriously doubt that the new consoles can support all of these rt effects at once.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
This is post next gen right here. I seriously doubt that the new consoles can support all of these rt effects at once.
Next gen games will look even better than this once developers start building game with mesh shader, VRS,SFS and RT from the ground up. Don't worry about that.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Next gen games will look even better than this once developers start building game with mesh shader, VRS,SFS and RT from the ground up. Don't worry about that.

No doubt, but none of those super huge budget games will be above 30fps either with all of the heaviest graphical effects active, and we might not even see any until three or four years in. The next-gen Cyberpunk should obviously look really good on the consoles, but I seriously doubt they will have everything optimized by launch for them to run most of these effects at a similar level without a massive frame rate hit.

Hell, the game might even be too demanding on the best Ampere card to have all of the effects on at all times and at a good detail. It might be similar to TW2's "Ubersampling" in that regard.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ. What's it gonna take for me to run this game on high/very high at 3440x1440p and 60fps I wonder. Was hoping that a 3070 would do the trick, even if it's on the same wavelength as a 2080S, but maybe not?...

Guess we just gotta wait for concrete details on these cards.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
If rtx 3070 launches this year, is a large enough step above 2070 super and has a price that is reasonable. I'd bite. That's a whole lot of ifs though. Guess we'll find out in a few months

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
I feel we would've heard about it by now because it needs hardware support to run efficiently. If RDNA2 would have something like Tensor cores then I feel AMD or one of the console makers would've advertised it already. I doubt they're keeping it a secret.

Or maybe you're talking about methods to upscale in general then we already have something like this on consoles: checkerboard rendering or even temporal upscaling.

New upscaling techniques could be in the works. I'm not saying we're getting DLSS, but maybe something that can achieve a similar boost.