• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get Amped for Latest Platform Breakthroughs in AI, Deep Learning, Autonomous Vehicles, Robotics and Professional Graphics

SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 24, 2020 -- NVIDIA will release its GTC 2020 keynote address, featuring founder and CEO Jensen Huang, on YouTube on May 14, at 6 a.m. Pacific time.

Huang will highlight the company's latest innovations in AI, high performance computing, data science, autonomous machines, healthcare and graphics during the recorded keynote. Participants will be able to view the keynote on demand at www.youtube.com/nvidia.

Originally scheduled for March 23, the GTC 2020 keynote was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic. NVIDIA moved the conference online, where the GTC Digital event has attracted more than 45,000 registered attendees who have participated in 300 recorded talks and dozens of instructor-led sessions.

Announcements included in the keynote will be posted at nvidianews.nvidia.com.
nvidianews.nvidia.com

NVIDIA Announces GTC 2020 Keynote with CEO Jensen Huang Set for May 14

Get Amped for Latest Platform Breakthroughs in AI, Deep Learning, Autonomous Vehicles, Robotics and Professional Graphics

reminder that GTC is a developer show, but Ampere (the architecture) was supposedly gonna be revealed here. the first step to 3000 series gaming cards will probably start here

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
tenor.gif

Zombie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Will be upgrading from my 2080ti if they launch with the ti card again this time around, need HDMI 2.1 to be able to use 4K/120hz on my B9 so I'll be there regardless, but I hope the rumours of it being closer to a 900 to 10 series level performance increase are true.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Expect: Ampere architecture news
Likely: Workstation/quadro card announcements
Unlikely: Consumer Ampere cards/price/release date

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Give me HDMI 2.1 and at least 30% more frames and a pricepoint that isn't as ridiculous as it was before and I'll be updating my 2080 Ti.

Though with DLSS getting to be so good, I'd probably stick with a 2080 Ti if it weren't for the LG CX I am going to get this summer.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it reasonable to expect the unveiling of new graphics cards?

I wouldn't expect an unveiling of the actual products, but I'd be shocked if there wasn't some mention of Ampere and what it means for gaming. Remember this is a keynote for all Nvidia's stuff, so it's going to be mixed in with a lot of machine learning, CAD, and corporate tech partnerships.

Oct 27, 2017
Give me HDMI 2.1 and at least 30% more frames and a pricepoint that isn't as ridiculous as it was before and I'll be updating my 2080 Ti.

Though with DLSS getting to be so good, I'd probably stick with a 2080 Ti if it weren't for the LG CX I am going to get this summer.
Cx does 4k 120hdr on hdmi2.0 so you wouldn't have to rush to upgrade

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wonder if they will present any roadmaps for their arm line. This is kinda important for the future of the switch.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if this will be the 3070 and 3080 or also the 3060. With next gen coming, marketing a 3060 as the affordable "4k with dlss" card seems like a no brainer.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cx does 4k 120hdr on hdmi2.0 so you wouldn't have to rush to upgrade

I look forward to trying that out. I've heard people have a hard time trying to get 4k 120hz (even at 4:2:0 within bandwidth for 2.0b) on a 2080 Ti through its HDMI port. I'd love for it to be seamless with the 2080 Ti - I would hope it is since it's a Gsync compatible display.

Though I don't know if there's much of a Venn Diagram overlap of titles one could play at 4k @120hz on a 2080 Ti that also has HDR support. At that resolution, the games that support HDR are probably not hitting those frames at that resolution even on that card. There are probably a few titles out there but it sounds like a short list - though DLSS might expand that list a bit.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
workstation/data center cards, yes. gaming cards, no. but you'll learn just how big a jump Ampere will be over Turing
Yeah I would imagine the workstation and professional stuff first since it is GTC and that is how NV rolled with Turing. We will finally learn exactly what kind of architectural advances Ampere has above Turing.

This should be very very interesting indeed.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Y'all thought Next Gen was getting a leg up I think Ampere is gonna boost that by a mile up again

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all thought Next Gen was getting a leg up I think Ampere is gonna boost that by a mile up again

Honestly, with how far DLSS has come, the current gen of cards and raytracing have really come into their own over the last year. I'd be happy with just a raw performance increase of 30-50% with RTX on, as long as the price isn't quite as crazy as this gen with its RTX R&D tax.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Honestly, with how far DLSS has come, the current gen of cards and raytracing have really come into their own over the last year. I'lol happy with just a raw performance increase of 30-50% with RTX on.
I mean yeah if RTX gets even more boosts in speed with Ampere AMD is going to struggle as I am sure nvidia is throwing everything into it.

Lavaboy603

Apr 23, 2020
A new architecture + a new node. This is going to be a big jump. Expecting a 50% jump from 20xx to 30xx at least.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Curious to see if they show a 3060 and if it'll be a good upgrade from my 2060, but i think they will only show the 3080 and maybe 3070 at this event, while 3060 will arrive later

OP
OP
ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if this will be the 3070 and 3080 or also the 3060. With next gen coming, marketing a 3060 as the affordable "4k with dlss" card seems like a no brainer.
kinda get the feeling we won't see 3060 cards until 2021. probably launch Titan and 3080 (and probably 3070) this year and just drop prices on the 2080 Ti/Super and 2070 Super for fill those holes

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
I look forward to trying that out. I've heard people have a hard time trying to get 4k 120hz (even at 4:2:0 within bandwidth for 2.0b) on a 2080 Ti through its HDMI port. I'd love for it to be seamless with the 2080 Ti - I would hope it is since it's a Gsync compatible display.

Though I don't know if there's much of a Venn Diagram overlap of titles one could play at 4k @120hz on a 2080 Ti that also has HDR support. At that resolution, the games that support HDR are probably not hitting those frames at that resolution even on that card. There are probably a few titles out there but it sounds like a short list - though DLSS might expand that list a bit.

There were supposed to be some DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 adapter cables releasing this year but all info on them has gone dark.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Great news.

For sure we will have news about Ampere architecture.

Best case scenario NVIDIA will unveil the new Titan specs.

Dream case scenario NVIDIA will unveil the gaming GPUs for a potentially June launch.

For what its worth:

Head of Consumer PR EMEA at NVIDIA covering Games, Graphics & GPUs.