• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
NVIDIA announces GeForce RTX SUPER graphics for laptops

NVIDIA today announced GeForce RTX SUPER and Max-Q designs for laptops. The company has partnered up with major OEMs to deliver over 100 new laptop designs this month.

The new laptops will feature GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER and GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER graphics cards featuring NVIDIA Turing architecture with RT cores for hardware-accelerated ray tracing. Unfortunately, the press release does not mention any RTX 2060 SUPER models.
The PR also mentions Dynamic Boost — an intelligent and automatic power balancing between CPU and GPU. This technology is adaptive and enabled at all times. Additionally, the new cards will support Advanced Optimus, which is an improved version of NVIDIA discrete/integrated switching technology for laptops.
NVIDIA RTX SUPER for laptops will start shipping from April 15 (sale embargo), but more designs are expected to arrive in May.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
they got more cores, it is probably not worth the money over existing ones, performance is more or less same with how tight the TDP is. They need something new to sell this year, that's all this is about, really boring.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
ASUS-ZEPHRYUS-RTX-SUPER-Laptop-5-2_videocardz.jpg
This looks crazy and I love it haha.
Hopefully, some of these are paired up with those new AMD processors. Kinda regret buying mine last year, but oh well. N

OP
OP
kostacurtas

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
The official announcement with more details:

www.techpowerup.com

NVIDIA Releases GeForce RTX 20-series SUPER Mobile GPUs

NVIDIA today released the GeForce RTX 20-series SUPER mobile GPUs. The lineup consists of the GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, RTX 2070 SUPER, and their Max-Q variants. Both SKUs have identical GPU core configurations to their desktop counterparts, with the RTX 2080 SUPER (mobile) featuring 3,072 CUDA...

qw17jvQrEFd5bJjc.jpg

mIgn1qBIo5YdV5sm.jpg

sZddWHwCDzWq25co.jpg

nHcKn7ybgOkDVj3c.jpg

mDc8weDCbAvcTeU6.jpg

jF0DUktPCrjz5EP6.jpg

FKGPv0IahBA3KLdD.jpg

5ePj4RYN7Dp6TAvF.jpg

pYgmDua0dGAr3Ww8.jpg

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh how I love GPU performance charts.

They could be used to teach students How Not To Display Scientific Data.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
fuck... I read NVIDIA announces and immediately clicked

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
My laptop is on its last legs, but I'm holding out for 3000 series before replacing it. Would probably go for a 3040/3050 or something like that, I just want to be able to play less demanding games on the go without the laptop being bulky.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn I was just looking at new things for my computer to upgrade, because good gaming noteooks still cost a lot, but prices will now go down and a 2060 for 999$ (hopefuly 1000€) would be great.