• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOBOSLDR

Nov 27, 2017
I am always unsure of how intimate must you be to have it "count" for the number is making out enough? Touching? Or does it need to be more.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Too little? "Ah, you haven't enjoyed life and your youth!"
Too many? "Uh, how often do you test for STI's? You sound way too reckless".

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's a big deal but it's not really something that's brought up in conversation. I don't think outside of high school, or maybe early college, ever discussing the number of sexual partners with friends. Seems pretty juvenile.

Also If you can keep count you probably aren't fucking enough lol

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
It doesn't matter, though one time a friend told me that they were in the triple digits and I was trying to work out the logistics of how that would even happen given that they were in their late 20s, had given up casual sex at least a couple years prior, and had spent a decent amount of time in monogamous relationships (and I don't think they were sexually active prior to college).

Annihilo

Sep 14, 2019
I mean if it doesn't matter to you then who cares
if it does bother you thats also valid and something you should ask ahead of time probably

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
IYiWZNX.gif

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Nobody should care but many people do. The whole thing is also unfairly skewed towards men as those with many partners get labelled as studs or playboys with cavalier attitudes whereas women with many partners get labelled as promiscuous sluts or whores or bitches - it's just not fair.

If a partner asks me then I'll always be honest with them about the number (higher than it should be) even if I usually end up getting told off for it.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
I don't care nor do I want to know. I guess if she feels like sharing ok... but its not something I put interest into.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it should matter, but many people are bothered by it for various reasons. Sometimes insecurity or preconceived notions about what people who have sex with lots of partners must be like, maybe fear of contracting STIs or something. Shrug.
At the very least if it does bother you don't be a dick to people about it, and be upfront asking about it if it's a dealbreaker.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody should care but many people do. The whole thing is also unfairly skewed towards men as those with many partners get labelled as studs or playboys with cavalier attitudes whereas women with many partners get labelled as promiscuous sluts or whores or bitches - it's just not fair.

If a partner asks me then I'll always be honest with them about the number (higher than it should be) even if I usually end up getting told off for it.
You nailed it. People do care and when you bring this stuff up in a casual conversation some people are going to get a bit bent out of shape. Hence why things got weird for OP with his friends tonight. It's why this stuff shouldn't be, and isn't normally, brought up in casual conversation.

You are right that women typically get it the worst, I worked in an industry where there was a lot of intermingling after work between coworkers and our clients if you know what I mean. I actually found women oftentimes are the worst at slut-shaming and labelling other women which is just messed up.

Bringing up your history of sexual partners or numbers is never a good idea with your partner. This always leads to some awkwardness, insecurity, and jealousy in my experience. I find it's usually best to keep the past in the past. I don't know why anyone would really want to bring this conversation up but fuck if it doesn't seem to happen in every other relationship. I would honestly lie or say I don't remember to get out of the conversation. I'm really glad my current partner has never asked and doesn't really seem to care because I don't want to know about her past either.

OP
OP
mentok15

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Hence why things got weird for OP with his friends tonight. It's why this stuff shouldn't be, and isn't normally, brought up in casual conversation.
This is something only kids talk about.
This has been the first time anything like this has come up, before most has been preferences/who they like. And I'm pretty private with this stuff too. Hence a bit of the weirdness. I'm too old for this shit.
Though I'm not particularly worried that it will effect friendships or anything going forward, it's more just a little embarrassing.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Doesn't matter at all to me as long as the guy has been responsible and recently tested.

Sometimes there are red flags, like for instance someone asking you to cream them raw five times in a row on the first date, lmao.

Hot, but also a bit of a giveaway about their attitude toward safe sex. 🤔

Oct 26, 2017
This is a clear case where quality is way more relevant than quantity. Relationship experience is important, but whom you gain it with or over how many different relationships, is not.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Bringing up your history of sexual partners or numbers is never a good idea with your partner. This always leads to some awkwardness, insecurity, and jealousy in my experience. I find it's usually best to keep the past in the past. I don't know why anyone would really want to bring this conversation up but fuck if it doesn't seem to happen in every other relationship. I would honestly lie or say I don't remember to get out of the conversation. I'm really glad my current partner has never asked and doesn't really seem to care because I don't want to know about her past either.
I get you, but weirdly for me, I don't care in the slightest - like age, it's just a number. If my partner told me they only had 1 or 2 partners or even 700/800 partners; as long as they are clean then I don't care either way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doesn't matter at all to me as long as the guy has been responsible and recently tested.

Sometimes there are red flags, like for instance someone asking you to cream them raw five times in a row on the first date, lmao.

Hot, but also a bit of a giveaway about their attitude toward safe sex. 🤔
lol tell me more about this word "safe"..?

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly find it hard that people would not care, even if the majority itt seems inclined to write so. Even if for just mere curiosity. I admit that is it something that i like talking about with other people, but mostly because i'm very curious about how different the lives of different people can be, and what people think about the life they've had. But me finding someone to have a relationship with is rare enough that i don't really have any preference one way or the other, but in general i would rather each relationship be with someone who has a different perspective of life than my previous relationships, and i suppose how sexually active they are is a part of that.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
User Banned (3 Months) Sexist and Misogynistic Rhetoric, "Slut" Shaming; Sex Shaming of Any Kind is Not Tolerated
Apparently I'm the only one on this forum who would prefer the least amount of men to have nutted in my gf/wife. More power to yas.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to sound like horseshit to a lot of people but a long time ago I was told that the energy you share from sex will last with a person for about 6 months after they're last encounter and if you mix too many energies of different people you can start to have conflicts in ones spirit.
It's horseshit for sure. Like...how can this energy thing be measured?

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (3 Months) Sexist and Misogynistic Rhetoric, "Slut" Shaming; Sex Shaming of Any Kind is Not Tolerated
I ain't gonna lie, a high number would vex me. But I probably wouldn't be in a serious relationship with that person in the first place. Very hypocritical cos of my past but it's w/e

Apparently I'm the only one on this forum who would prefer the least amount of men to have nutted in my gf/wife. More power to yas.
+1

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I do not give a shit.

My last partner made me out to be some kind of manwhore because of my history (which I don't think is really too out of the ordinary from other people). To no surprise we did not last in the end.

Some of you in here need to get a fucking grip and at least try not slut shame. You sound like incels.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It could be argued to be an indicator of prior relationship quality or ability/motivation to commit to a relationship.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I am not the author of the idea nor do I practice the science but when it was presented to me from someone who happened to be polyamorous it did sound plausible if you believe people have a unique energy to them.

A unique "energy" that is transferable and imprint-able specifically through sex, and with a set half-life? Lol. Does oral count? A quickie for 2 minutes vs. a night of passion?

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
People are allowed to look for serious partners who hold certain values, and if one of those is certain views on casual sex not being for them, that's their prerogative.

Of course, if it comes from a place of hypocritical misogyny, that's a different story, but shaming someone who doesn't sleep around for preferring partners who also don't is bullshit.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I can understand why a lot of people care about this, but you can't simply ask for the number and be done with it; you need context.

A person who's had a lot of sexual partners isn't necessarily incapable of committing, and there's nothing wrong with having several sexual partners within a short period of time as long as you're not "committed" to anyone (in other words, you're not cheating) and as long as you're being responsible and getting tested regularly. Some people just don't have time for a relationship, and there're thankfully plenty of other like-minded people out there for them to have more casual relationships with.

Oct 28, 2017
A unique "energy" that is transferable and imprint-able specifically through sex, and with a set half-life? Lol. Does oral count? A quickie for 2 minutes vs. a night of passion?

What can I say, people believe a lot of things that can't be proven outright and who am I to say that the process used to create a life form doesn't have residual effects? I don't know how much truth is in it or not but it's not the craziest thing I have ever heard for sure.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Don't ask, don't tell. With the girl I'm currently dating she doesn't want to know and neither do I. Wouldn't be a big deal if I found out, but it's such a childish question. Changes literally nothing.

I read your post with Mordin's voice and it almost works, just modified it a bit in my head

Don't ask, don't tell. Currently dating a girl. Doesn't want to know, neither do I. No big deal if found out, childish question. Changes nothing.

Isn't it just an ego thing? Like how does that affect you?

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
It's worth knowing if it's zero, just so some extra care can be taken.

Otherwise, so long as it was safe who cares.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
What can I say, people believe a lot of things that can't be proven outright and who am I to say that the process used to create a life form doesn't have residual effects? I don't know how much truth is in it or not but it's not the craziest thing I have ever heard for sure.
There's no truth in it. It's quasi spiritual bullshit.

"Can't be proven outright" is a funny way of saying "there is zero evidence for, but conveniently it allows me to low key slut shame and shut down criticism."

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Question for the people in here that are saying it doesn't matter.

If the number of people a person has slept with denotes hyper sexuality/sex addiction, would your stance change?

I'm pretty sure most of you are meaning outside of very extreme cases like that, obviously, but I am curious to hear ya'lls thoughts on sex addiction regardless.

Oct 28, 2017
There's no truth in it. It's quasi spiritual bullshit.

"Can't be proven outright" is a funny way of saying "there is zero evidence for, but conveniently it allows me to low key slut shame and shut down criticism."

No.

The person who told me this was polyamorous, wouldn't that be the opposite of slut shaming? Furthermore, why are you dismissive of the spiritual aspect of it, what's the difference?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Whenever I have gotten this question, I've looked the person who asked directly in the eye, and with all seriousness tossed out a number like "98" and adjusted my perception of them based on how they responded to that.

I think it's an absurd question to ask.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Someones "number" has never been something I asked. If the person is awesome to be around, why should it change anything?

Though it doesn't help I'm quite inexperienced, and that stuff always makes me feel woefully inadequate.

Jun 6, 2020
After a certain number it starts to become a bad indicator, yeah. I know a guy who has slept with over a hundred people and he really has some serious emotional issues.

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
Because can only get fucked, never do the fuck, and every time someone nuts in her they lose -10 value points. Only relevant when it's a dick tho. Lesbian sex ain't real. Truly one of the most pathetic things I've read on here.

Anyway, I think this is a stupid rabbit hole that mostly only men care about. I don't like asking about it because I don't like other people being reduced to numbers. If someone is hypersexual, it will impact potential partners in ways beyond just a number of partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.