• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

Only two games again.
Though Vice Project Doom was never released on the Wii or Wii U Virtual Console so it's actually cool to see something "new".

Japan got something besides Vice Project Doom, even though VPD did come out in Japan.

Japan's getting Downtown Nekketsu Koshinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundokai

Last edited:

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, they really don't want to give away SNES games

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo has revealed the next round of games that will be added to NES – Nintendo Switch Online in August 2019. This month, subscribers will be able to get their hands on Kung-Fu Heroes and Vice: Project Doom.

Kung-Fu Heroes and Vice: Project Doom will be out on August 21.

Lock if already posted

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't heard of either of these games. Did anyone expect these two to get added?

My fingers are crossed for an exciting expansion of this program with the 1-year anniversary next month.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Darn it I was a min too late making my thread.

Project doom looks pretty decent IMO.

But I hope we get an SP of something too as it's only 2 games

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Ooh Vice is a good shout, nice underrated action gem on the system.

The other game...err well blimey, heh. Also yeah two games is super stingy, shame how often we've gotten that.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
ok now we're getting some deep cuts. I am very happy

In before this turns into people crying for their 9th copy of Super Mario World

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhhh at least one of them is a NES game that never appeared on Virtual Console or in a NES classic??

I mean, that's all I got to say about anything positive towards Nintendo's NES online library service.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The Kunio-kun game is Soreyuke Daiundoukai.

It is freaking awesome. I wish they'd make a new one in its vein instead of always going for River City Ransom vibes.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Good to see some niche games I've never played before. Gotta think another platform being announced is just around the corner with renewals due next month. Hoping for GB(A) but would be satisfied with SNES too.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Nintendo of America video:

Vice: Project Doom is a trip of a multiple-genre action game. Kung-Fu Heroes, otoh... meh.

Meanwhile, the system's Famicom app (which all NSO subscribers can access, regardless of native region) skips Vice: Project Doom in favor of...

That Technos Japan game, if you're wondering, is Downtown Nekketsu Kōshinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundōkai. I've never played this one. Four-player versus action using the Kunio-kun characters you'll likely recognize from such hits as River City Ransom. The language barrier seems pretty intense.

(thank you mods for moving this post to the appropriate thread!)

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Vice Project Doom is 4 stars according to Pat Contri's NES guidebooks, so that's something

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Yo; I didn't expect us to get Vice. That's neat.

But please; we know SNES is coming eventually; just give it to us next Direct. September is the perfect time.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Vice Project Doom is really fucking good and I wish they'd been doing more than 3 updates every however goddamn long it takes because I've been fucking WAITING for that shit I tell you what.

I can play Earthbound on my WiiU if I really wanted to, but I don't because who has time for a silly RPG in this economy

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo throwing a curve ball. If they go with oddball games like this they could extend NES support for way longer than expected

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lmao, y'all thought they were gonna run out of NES games and have to put out SNES games?

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Earthbound Beginnings is about the only NES game left that I want to see on the platform. Otherwise I am ready for them to move onto SNES games.

Iceman2343

Oct 27, 2017
Vice is very good, and I do actually enjoy Kung Fu Heroes. This a pretty good month for me for NES games I would say.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yo Vice is actually on my to play list, that's a nice surprise. If they continue with Kunio next month maybe we'll get Crash 'n The Boys too.
The Kunio-kun game is Soreyuke Daiundoukai.

It is freaking awesome. I wish they'd make a new one in its vein instead of always going for River City Ransom vibes.
They've actually made a few more and some have gotten localized. The last one (I think) was this on PS3 and it's really good, with a story mode with character creator and all

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one that liked King Fu Heroes as a kid? I could never beat it but I always liked playing co-op in it.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
is there any chance we'll ever get earthbound beginning or fire emblem 1 2 or 3 (translated)?
that would make me happy