• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
As Florida lawmakers prepare to vote an a potential ban of assault weapons next year, the National Rifle Association's (NRA) top lobbyist for the state said the law would affect children who, all of a sudden, could not shoot rifles on their birthdays.

Marion Hammer, the chief NRA lobbyist, met with a group of economists in Florida on Friday to oppose the proposed ban of assault weapons, according to Shareblue Media. She asked if a little girl who wanted to shoot a rifle with a pink stock would be convicted of a felony.

"How do you tell a 10-year-old little girl who got a Ruger 10/22 with a pink stock for her birthday that her rifle is an assault weapon and she has to turn it over to government or be arrested for felony possession?" Hammer asked at the meeting.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Those poor children...

Can't drive, drink or smoke at 10 buy here's an assault rifle.

Oct 25, 2017
*shame.GIF*

Made the mistake of reading the comments. "No such thing as an assault rifle" and other "liberal bias" garbage.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
hTZpGwb.jpg

Happy 10th birthday, Mackenzie.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Literally indistinguishable from a savage parody of what people in other countries think the NRA is like.

"Hey, so, maybe, for a start, I know this is wild but hear me out here, maybe ten-year-olds shouldn't have guns?"

"Oh, how could you tell that to poor little Suzie, she just wants a pink gun to play with!"

Uh, you would just tell the little girl she can't have a gun? Because you're a fucking adult and the ten-year-old is a child?

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
"Happy birthday, Suzie! And here's your first present...wow! A pink semi-automatic assault rifle! Tell your grandparents thanks!

And for your second present...What's that you got? OH GOD, GET DOWN, SHE'S GOT A VIDEO GAME"

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was convinced this was going to end up being a parody article. Even Trump wouldn't say something this stupid.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat related, I was watching tv last night a infommerical came on talking about the power of beets and guess who was hosting ti Dana Loesch. I see she is an all around grifter

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
73 kids were shot by accident in the US in 2018. Guess how many in the UK. Australia. Or hey let's use the NRA's favorite "everyone there has guns" country - Switzerland.

If you guessed less than 73 then congrats. But 73 is also more deaths - again, kids, by accident - than ALL of the gun deaths in the UK in the same period, including murders, suicide, accidents and others.

What's the acceptable number of accidental children's deaths, Wayne LaPierre? Is it 74? More? How many? Now, what if we add murders to that? Child suicides? But gun locks are an infringement right? Using taxpayer funds to research these numbers is an infringement, right? Making guns pink so they look like toys, not only OK, but wholesome, right?

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
Who the hell are you people to try and take little Kimberly's bombs away on her BIRTHDAY

Indeed™

Alt account
Banned
May 26, 2019
Eh, I got my first firearm around then.

Granted, it was a .22, but still. I know pre-teens that can easily outshoot me, if they're properly trained I see no issue with kids being given a firearm.

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
Its a stupid comment (surprise surprise), but what they are getting at is the new law turns every semi-auto magazine fed rifle into an assault weapon including $180 .22's like the ruger 10/22 which many people especially kids learn, train and practice gun safety with. I learned on one when i was 6 and had my own by 9. Growing up in Michigan around a large hunting and sportsman community it wasnt uncommon.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
The same way you tell a 10 year old they can't fucking drive a car even if it's pink or a gift?

Granted, it was a .22, but still. I know pre-teens that can easily outshoot me, if they're properly trained I see no issue with kids being given a firearm.

This is why America will never make the progress it needs. It has a culture that normalizes weapons being in the hands of children.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017

Yeah man, I know plenty of pre-teens who can outdrink me too, they earn the booze I buy them from the gas station

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
73 kids were shot by accident in the US in 2018. Guess how many in the UK. Australia. Or hey let's use the NRA's favorite "everyone there has guns" country - Switzerland.

If you guessed less than 73 then congrats. But 73 is also more deaths - again, kids, by accident - than ALL of the gun deaths in the UK in the same period, including murders, suicide, accidents and others.

What's the acceptable number of accidental children's deaths, Wayne LaPierre? Is it 74? More? How many? Now, what if we add murders to that? Child suicides? But gun locks are an infringement right? Using taxpayer funds to research these numbers is an infringement, right? Making guns pink so they look like toys, not only OK, but wholesome, right?

Sorry Stinkles, but all those ARE an infringement. On my right to make some motherfucking money. And if America is no longer the land were I can make bank off exploiting and grifting my fellow citizens... well just burn the whole thing down.

And I will.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I saw an interview with Corey from Slipknot and he made a great point. NRA and highly reactive owners have compensation or addiction problems. Whenever there is any minor change, no matter how reasonable, the quick conclusion is "they are taking our guns!" - that kind of paranoid behavior is normal for some one that needs help.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah man, I know plenty of pre-teens who can outdrink me too, they earn the booze I buy them from the gas station

I need someone to argue why this is an absurd take—because to me, it kind of deads this entire conversation.

Kids can't drink alcohol, but we're okay with them being proficient in the use of instruments of death?

Indeed™

Alt account
Banned
May 26, 2019

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Will never understand the logic of gifting a 10-year-old girl a rifle.

There must be something I'm not getting, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Fuck the NRA!

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
In our rush to protect the children from gun violence in schools, malls and pretty much everywhere we forgot about the simple joy of a 10 year old girl getting her first glock.

America has truly lost its way.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
We should have a law to take 10 girl year old girls away from parents who give them fucking rifles.