• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saty

Oct 27, 2017

Finally, what E3 summary would be complete without some predictions on 2019's best-selling titles? In the U.S. market, I anticipate The NPD Group to report that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will rank as the best-selling title of the year. NBA 2K20 and Madden NFL 20 should rank 2nd and 3rd, with Borderlands 3 and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order rounding out the top 5.

Other titles in my top 10 predictions include Mortal Kombat 11, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Death Stranding, Kingdom Hearts III and Super Mario Maker 2.

While this slate of titles will likely fail to match the overall sales volume of the 2018 slate, which included Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption 2, it is one of the stronger transition year slates we've seen. There are a number of titles that could sneak into the list, including Obsidian Entertainment's The Outer Worlds, but if there weren't the possibility of big sales surprises it wouldn't be the Video Games market.

2019+Best+Selling+Video+Games.jpg

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Surprised Pokemon isn't on there. Unless it's usually considered two SKUs and divided up into two games.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna say interesting that no Pokémon, but forgot they weren't combined.

Also Death Stranding outselling MM2 and KH3 is interesting

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What is Niche Stranding doing up there? /s

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
The same annual releases on top,I hope Death Stranding make the list,would be a great achievement for Kojima.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
No Pokemon? Didn't Crash N Sane Trilogy do around 10 million? Was assuming that Crash Team Racing would do good especially since it's launching on all three consoles this year.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Zero chance Star Wars outperforms Ghost Recon. He's low balling that one for sure.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
🤔Ppl are sleeping on Death Stranding? Horizon lifetime has sold 10million plus and sold multiple millions first month, even if ppl don't know wtf Death Stranding is they'll buy it off of interest:curiosity to find out alone. This game is going to sell alot.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
It says a lot about Call of Duty that it feels like it has declined loads this gen and it is still set to be the best-selling game of 2019 in the US.

I would have guessed that Ghost Recon would have been higher than that, but as someone in Europe, what do I know.

Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding next Sony first party 10 million seller.I

It says a lot about Call of Duty that it feels like it has declined loads this gen and it is still set to be the best-selling game of 2019 in the US.

I would have guessed that Ghost Recon would have been higher than that, but as someone in Europe, what do I know.

I think this COD is going to sell much better than most did this generation.

Borderlands 3 will outsell Stars Wars because of the multiplayer and just the likelihood it will be a better game.

Oct 27, 2017
🤔Ppl are sleeping on Death Stranding? Horizon lifetime has sold 10million plus and sold multiple millions first month, even if ppl don't know wtf Death Stranding is they'll buy it off of interest:curiosity to find out alone. This game is going to sell alot.
Horizon was still an open world action game that was fairly normal in regards to AAA releases. It's a far cry from what Kojima is doing

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Pokemon not there? Splitting Pokemon in two is almost like splitting multiplats between platforms...

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's probably got most of the right titles on there but.... eh...I don't see that list panning out that way exactly

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands games always make bank, wouldn't be surprised if it outdoes Star Wars especially considering it releases two months earlier. It's the biggest release of its month.
Yeah, that is fair. I guess I just think Star Wars and Borderlands will be interchangeable. Both will sell a lot either way.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Death Stranding? A game that's going to be delayed to 2020 can't be on this list.

Also those are some high expectations for Star Wars.