• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Dang, didn't realize it was doing that well. The population for New Light and Shadowkeep is gonna rule.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
How's the game doing ever since Bungie split from Activision from both a gameplay and monetization standpoint?

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I can't help but feel that Acti are kicking themselves that these guys left em, especially now when the game is making profits.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
kmJ7Rxv.gif

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
But I thought Destiny was dead and never a successful franchise ?

I think it was more Bungie wanting to get away from them then Activision letting them go.
I think they bought out the contract? Both parties had to agree I'd think.
They had trouble hitting every deadline they were given from what I recall. Acti also gave them a lot of studio support that probably was better spent elsewhere
That's typical Bungie to be fair. The Halo games were shit shows, especially 2.
Did Activision have a choice in the matter?

Beyond that we don't know how much the money printing machine cost lol, just because you are generating revenue doesn't mean you are a great investment.

Fair point. Gotta wonder if Acti tried to get the IP at least though.

HiredN00bs

Oct 25, 2017
Laurel, MD
How's the game doing ever since Bungie split from Activision from both a gameplay and monetization standpoint?
They're deprecating blind boxes. Cosmetic store items are directly purchased with money, or with currency earned from in-game bounty rewards.

Game is now structured so that it has a large amount of free-to-play content:

-Red War, Curse of Osiris, and Warmind campaigns
-matchmade activities from Forsaken Annual Pass (Forges, Gambit Prime, Menagerie)
-matchmaking for Gambit, Strikes, and Crucible, including every strike/gambit/PvP map
-patrol on every destination in the game, including the new one

Paid content is structured a la carte, so you can get:

-Forsaken Campaign, Exotic quests, Dungeon, and Raids for $25
-Shadowkeep Campaign, et al. for $35
-Future season passes for $10 each

They have a Fortnite-style progression path for the free/paid pass that offers rewards in a predictable manner. There are now means for any player to sidestep progression gating to play with their friends (like using the Artifact to boost your power to meet activity requirements).

It baffles me that something so popular can be so mediocre
It baffles me that people still try to claim that Destiny is mediocre, on a forum for game enthusiasts, no less.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019
Its my most played game of generation for me and a top 5 game of the generation easily.

The shooting is just so freaking good.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Happy to hear of their continued success. Not gonna lie, I loved the hell out of Destiny 1 and played the hell out of 2 till the Warmind expansion. That and Osiris were huge letdowns and burned me bad for the amount I invested and the small returns/content given during those releases.

I know things have since changed, but I brushed aside way too much of Bungie's bs and excuses to keep taking it to the face and have since moved on. Maybe Destiny 3 will give me hope to return, but I also wonder if Bungie is going to have development blunders with that as they did with the first 2 games.

HiredN00bs

Oct 25, 2017
Laurel, MD
Happy to hear of their continued success. Not gonna lie, I loved the hell out of Destiny 1 and played the hell out of 2 till the Warmind expansion. That and Osiris were huge letdowns and burned me bad for the amount I invested and the small returns/content given during those releases.

I know things have since changed, but I brushed aside way too much of Bungie's bs and excuses to keep taking it to the face and have since moved on. Maybe Destiny 3 will give me hope to return, but I also wonder if Bungie is going to have development blunders with that as they did with the first 2 games.
Maybe it's just because of the energy and expectation of the community, but it feels more and more like Destiny 3 is going to be more than a year away, if the project even remains a new title.

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
It's by far the only FPS franchise I stuck with mp wise. Met and befriended a lot of great folks over the years since D1 days.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to hear! Love Destiny and can't wait for tomorrow to see all the new additions in action! Gonna be going hard all day!

Might be worth hopping back in to see what they've added. Between all the year 2 stuff (mainly Menagerie) going F2P plus the insane amount of changes since year 1, you might find something you like. Understandable if you still wanna wait for D3 though.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

Forget it, not worth pointing out.