• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the wii sold a bit over 100 million pieces of hardware. How many of those were Wii minis?

I know, your point is that it's possible for a console to reach $99, not that it's a guaranteed success or anything but the Wii mini being a non-factor most likely means nintendo isn't interested in reaching that low of a price. that's my point

Nintendo finally figure out that people that play video games aren't poor, they just won't buy things they don't like.

Price is still very much a factor for children which are obviously an important target demographic for Nintendo. Especially if they want multiple Switch consoles per household.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Secret to having a hit game

Make your character red

That Mario guy sure does make money.

How many Mario featuring games are we expecting for 2019 lol. We got Mario and Luigi and Luigi Mansion 3 already coming up. That would be a fun bet to guess

Just realized.
It's a fighting game
A racing game &
A party game

NicknameMy

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
BTW, on that topic: https://nintendoeverything.com/amazon-reveals-its-best-selling-gaming-products-of-2018/

1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
  3. Super Mario Party
  4. Marvel's Spider-Man
  5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  6. Super Mario Odyssey
  7. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (PS4)
  9. God of War
  10. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Best selling products:

1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  2. $10 PlayStation Store Gift Card
  3. $20 PlayStation Store Gift Card
  4. Nintendo Switch Screen Protector Glass
  5. PlayStation Plus: 12 Month Membership
  6. Nintendo Switch – Neon Red and Neon Blue Joy-Con
  7. $50 PlayStation Store Gift Card
  8. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
  9. $10 Xbox Gift Card
  10. $25 Xbox Gift Card

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh lord have mercy on my soul if Switch doesnt

RIP my mentions lol

5a9.jpg

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It always amazes me how far the stuff I talk about reaches out. Sometimes I forget how many people read these threads

Welp. December NPD release is gonna be a wild ride

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think Benji had any affiliation with NPD, more that he has access to numbers from a large retailer/distributor/something like that?
It would be weird if an NPD employee would be casually discussing things in the same thread as someone leaking those numbers.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Benji if Switch doesn't hit 2 million we have to disown you

It will clearly be your fault for Nintendo missing their 20M goal.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Early NPD report" when the actual NPD analyst hasn't seen any data for the month...

Talorswiftyeahokay.gif

Yeah this is what upsets me

It's just me projecting stuff from numbers I have access to. This is no connection to NPD itself and its not me "leaking numbers". Its me just using an educated estimate where things might end up based on some of the data I have.

This is how miscommunication and expectations get out there

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah well I still feel very confident in my projections

So it is what it is

Gonna be fun either way

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I've never understood the idea of getting angry with Benji or Mat. Like, what is there to even be mad about?

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never understood the idea of getting angry with Benji or Mat. Like, what is there to even be mad about?

The people that get mad at me basically just say if something isnt 100% accurate that I'm making things up.

The thing is though I've more than proven myself over the years that's not true. I'm right faaaaar more often than not. So I dont let it get to me anymore

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
It's always amusing to see people asking for inside info about sales but get mad when it's not what They want to hear.

The console fanboy mentality just ruins these threads. (Then again, they ruin all thread)

NicknameMy

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
The people that get mad at me basically just say if something isnt 100% accurate that I'm making things up.

The thing is though I've more than proven myself over the years that's not true. I'm right faaaaar more often than not. So I dont let it get to me anymore

The people that jump on people like you are most likely the same people that praise Pachter for his predictions :D .

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Well it's harder to be wrong in a month like this where it's all more cut and dry than last month, and even then you were correct. Nothing to worry about.