• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's fascinating how similar the top 10s are between xbox and PS4 and how different the Switch is. Definitely different tastes
Well it would be pretty difficult for them to be the same, when FIFA 19 and NBA 2K19 are the only games in the PS4 and XBO charts that are actually available on Switch..

And vice versa, Crash is the only game in the Switch chart available on PS4 and XBO.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, strong showing for everyone!

-I'm surprised Fallout 76 is performing so well considering all of the issues.

- CoD just keeps on trucking. I thought that audience was shrinking?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Interesting that DKTF and rabbids and Crash back in Switch top 10. Very different list from October's. Lots of mascot games.
There was a deep sale on M+R everywhere on Black Friday. It was going for $20 in some places.

I'm very surprised to not see Diablo III in that Switch top 10, it charted last month and has had strong legs on the eShop

Jan 4, 2018
I'm sure a new Pokemon Stadium with the full list of every Pokémon from all generations (809) would sell millions. I wonder why Nintendo never made a Pokemon Stadium 3.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
You claimed that $199 PS4 spidey bundles would've sold more if Sony supplied more, which is likely true. However, Sony only supplies a certain about of those bundles, as selling at such a low price is not as profitable. My point is that if Switch was priced at $199, it would likely sell more and also become supply constrained.

It's just speculation.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 Pros must be making up an even smaller slice of PS4 sales than I thought if Sony is moving more units but making less dollars than the Switch.
And I mentioned the One X in this context too..

Yeah, even tho they both are doing fine, the base consoles are still king.

I only bought up the One X because some ppl were sure RDR 2 was going to cause some kind of shift for Xbox and the One X.

Price is still a bigger factor, and simpler deals, IMO.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
BO4 best selling game in 2018 is pretty nice considering the releasee of RDR2.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
There was a deep sale on M+R everywhere on Black Friday. It was going for $20 in some places.

I'm very surprised to not see Diablo III in that Switch top 10, it charted last month and has had strong legs on the eShop
Chart is in revenue so it is still very impressive.

Digital sales are not tracked for Switch games sadly. It did and is doing very well on the eshop indeed.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
It's awesome to see all three so well. I'm sure this is a super obvious answer to people who frequents these threads but what's the difference between the Switch having the highest dollar sales versus the PS4 being the higher in unit sales (which seems self explanatory).

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it, unless Switch really takes off from here. PS4 could outsell in either units or revenue as soon as January thanks to Kingdom Hearts III and Resident Evil 2.
Nintendo has usually a strong january thanks to gift cards/money beeing given at Christmas.

Switch won january despite MHW launching.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Deader2818

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
You claimed that $199 PS4 spidey bundles would've sold more if Sony supplied more, which is likely true. However, Sony only supplies a certain about of those bundles, as selling at such a low price is not as profitable. My point is that if Switch was priced at $199, it would likely sell more and also become supply constrained.

It's just speculation.

I think maybe your taking the comment to heart? Merely pointing out there was supply issues with the Core 1TB as well and that they timed the release of the COD bundle oddly.

Sorry if my comment was taken the wrong way.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
It's awesome to see all three so well. I'm sure this is a super obvious answer to people who frequents these threads but what's the difference between the Switch having the highest dollar sales versus the PS4 being the higher in unit sales (which seems self explanatory).
So PS4 sold the most consoles in number sold.

Switch made the most money in terms of console sales.

Basically as switch is more expensive it brought in more revenue.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People got bamboozled by Bethesda.

Or Mr and Mrs average gamer don't pay attention to gaming news sites let alone enthusiast forums or YouTube videos.*

*I don't enjoy Fallout games at all.

Great to see everyone doing well.

I hope Nintendo start to give NPD their digital sales numbers in time. I don't understand why it would harm them to but rather make them appear stronger with their games appearing higher in the software sales charts.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Combined they'd be #3 in both Units and Revs.
Thanks Mat !

Digital share shouldn't be insignificant then.
Well it would be pretty difficult for them to be the same, when FIFA 19 and NBA 2K19 are the only games in the PS4 and XBO charts that are actually available on Switch..

And vice versa, Crash is the only game in the Switch chart available on PS4 and XBO.

Just Dance is also available on PS4/X1, but your point still stands.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
industry is very healthy I am happy

hopefully next year when economy slows down, it won't have that big of an impact

WiZaRdOuS

Nov 8, 2018
If you are talking about GTAV, the game sold 15m units in 2017 outselling 99% of the games releasing this year.

I dont think you're making the point you think you are. In 2017, ACOrigins was getting beat by a 4 year old game. I just spoke fact, on top of the other posters comment.

Hey I like Ubisoft, I love GRW. No shame, like you said.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think you're making the point you think you are. In 2017, ACOrigins was getting beat by a 4 year old game. I just spoke fact, on top of the other posters comment.

Hey I like Ubisoft, I love GRW. No shame, like you said.

I think I am :p

Off the top of my head, unless you are called CoD or FIFA you probably sold less than GTAV in 2017.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome month for everyone!

Sooner or later Nintendo is going to have to start supplying digital sales numbers to NPD. It's only a matter of time until the lack of digital reporting will hurt their perception.

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC
RDR1 lifetime was, what, 14 million or something along those lines?

40% increase would put them near 20 million units sold in 2 months.

*Adjust results based on units for RDR1 sold.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
That Switch list, compared to the PS4, XBO and yearly list says is all.

Different libraries.

Last edited: