• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Very healthy ending of a very good year in the US. I'm thinking next year will be harder to grow YoY.
Switch is likely to hit its peak next year with how stacked the line-up currently looks, but I think everyone is preparing for softer years on PS4 and XB1 as they begin to transition to the next generation of hardware. Not unhealthy, mind you: that's just how these things go at this point in their life cycles.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Still kind of crazy that RDR2 seemingly couldn't dethrone Black Ops 4. Though considering RDR2 topped November is that likely to change by Decembers NPD?

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
M+R is still going. I wonder what the next project will be. Hopefully something new and not a sequel/Rabbids game

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect switch to take November.
PokƩmon having the second highest debut in the franchise is also surprising.
Guess people *really* like PokƩmon.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats not what that says.

Uh ? I'd like an explanation then 'cause what I'm reading is that Switch came on top of the charts revenue-wise but, as we know from the leaked numbers, PS4 was on top this month.

No it say the PS4 is on top year to date not in November...

No that is revenue for the year.

No mention of hardware sales itself

We know from leaked numbers that PS4 sold the most units this month.

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
I really don't see the need for next gen

Did ps4 win in units sold? Nice to see ps4 exclusives in the best selling games of the year list

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
So is Battlefield doing...well? I remember the Fallout exact numbers that were accidentally revealed were around 400K. BFV is behind FO

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Uh ? I'd like an explanation then 'cause what I'm reading is that Switch came on top of the charts revenue-wise but, as we know from the leaked numbers, PS4 was on top this month.

We know from leaked numbers that PS4 sold the most units this month.
I thought you were misinterpreting what the post said

I know nothing of any leaked numbers but cool if so.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Sony is doing some big numbers with its exclusive games this gen. Geez! I didn't imagine seeing Spiderman and GOW selling more than GTA 5 this year lol

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your quote says:

1) SW most $ in Nov 2018
2) PS4 most $ in 2018 thus far

Yeah okay I see where the confusion comes from. I know what the quote says, but I should have precised that the "PS4 is first by units" come from leaked data rather than the quote itself, which is just about the Switch being the top hardware revenue-wise. I'll edit to avoid further confusion.

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 was #1 in Units for the month of November, but the more meaningful story of the month is dollars. So I highlighted that.

Pokemon comps include ALL other Pokemon titles, but each Pokemon title is listed separately. Pokemon Sun is a different product than Pokemon Moon, for example.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Great to see Donkey Kong and Mario & Rabbids peek into the Switch Top 10. Two of my favorites.