• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Whenever I see "MK" used interchangeably to mean both Mortal Kombat and Mario Kart in this thread:

59a.jpg_large

Oct 31, 2017
But

But but

But but but

But but but but

But but but but but

But but but but but but

But but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but but but but but but but

Days Gone was supposed to bomba. What's the next bomb since it wasn't Horizon or Days Gone?

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I think Team Sonic Racing is suffering because of Crash Team Racing. I know I would have bought Team Sonic if CTR wasn't coming, but because it is... I've chosen CTR over TSR as my cart game this year. I have a feeling most people are buying CTR over TSR according to how well the preorders are going.*

*According to Benji's Twitter.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
No, it isn't. When you consider it's the most impressive open world game released this gen, Sony's pedigree is obvious. I'd certainly rank it higher than Spiderman. Its systems are far more intricate and ambitious than anything we've seen.

It's a step down for me, which is my point. My complaints are mostly with the story (which is pretty terrible) and the fact that a lot of the systems aren't tutorialized in a very good way. It does a lot of things right, and that's why I'm continuing to play it.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
The Show has been outstanding. Grabbed it recently with the sale and should have been day one (but I usually don't get into a mood for baseball until late spring/early summer). It's not perfect, but rtts mode is so addicting. I think '14 was the last one I played and enjoyed it alot, but there are alot of good things with the '19 version. The OT here is dead, but glad to see the game doing relatively well overall.

Last edited:

Jonscrambler

Nov 13, 2017
Torrance,CA
people are saying game XXX sold well because it's #X on the chart, we don't know how much they sold, it's a slow summer month, a game could sell 300k copies and be #1, #2 could be 100k copies, we even have a PC exclusive at #3

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
here's the rest of the top ten. I'm really impressed MH made it. that means it's sold more than skyrim's Physical sales, which we know would be fairly significant

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So do we have any ideas of NPD numbers this month for Days Gone? If I remember correctly, last month Days Gone was projected to be between 820k and over 1m based on how things lined up with other exclusive numbers.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
But

But but

But but but

But but but but

But but but but but

But but but but but but

But but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but but but but but but

But but but but but but but but but but but but but but

Days Gone was supposed to bomba. What's the next bomb since it wasn't Horizon or Days Gone?
I don't know what the sales for it were but it's a distant second place. I mean, it got outsold in its debut month by MK 11 in its second month JUST on PS4. Let alone throwing in PC, Switch and XB1.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
people are saying game XXX sold well because it's #X on the chart, we don't know how much they sold, it's a slow summer month, a game could sell 300k copies and be #1, #2 could be 100k copies, we even have a PC exclusive at #3
Sure, but in this case we do know number 1 sold a crazy amount.
Mortal Kombat 11 repeated as the best-selling game of the month and is now the best-selling game of 2019 year to date. Month 2 sales of Mortal Kombat 11 nearly doubled the comparable sales of any other Mortal Kombat game in the history of the franchise.

Oct 31, 2017
Death Stranding?.

I recall "generic" and "fatigue" were the keywords thrown around for Days Gone. I Wonder what's it gona be for Death Stranding...

Let's stay tuned.

0ff4BuG.gif

Apparently doubling down:

I don't know what the sales for it were but it's a distant second place. I mean, it got outsold in its debut month by MK 11 in its second month JUST on PS4. Let alone throwing in PC, Switch and XB1.

You mean only in North America. DG is killing it against MK11 all over the world.

Not that MK11's success has anything to do with DG's.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What were the estimate for April NPD for Days Gone?

To add some info of kowalski's post

Game (Days of tracking) : Sales
  1. Spiderman (23 days) : > 2.6 million (incl. digital)
  2. God of War (16 days) : ~1.9 million. (incl. digital + bundles)
  3. God of War 3 (19 days) : 1.15 million
  4. Horizon Zero Dawn (33 days) : > 1 million (incl. digital) more than U4 / 648k physical alone
  5. The Last of Us (24 days) : 985k physical (> 1 million incl. digital)
  6. Uncharted 4 (19 days) : 828k physical / 879k (incl. bundles) / > 1m (incl. digital)
  7. Days Gone (9 days)
  8. God of War 2 (26 days) : 833k
  9. Uncharted 3 (28 days) : 700k / 838k (incl. bundles)
So yeah, really great success for Bend and Days Gone

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping the Team Sonic Racing sales won't be indicative of Crash Team Racing's.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
I wounder how mk11 v smash sales are. rember smash was a december game, so it doesnt get its first months sales counted.