• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch still killing it despite the lack of first party releases in relative terms.

Good to see The Division 2 doing so well too. It's a massive improvement over the original in terms of launch content.

Also, why are NPD threads so slow early on and so short nowadays overall compared to before?

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Gotta love how gta5 keeps going. Who are these people that do not own it? At some point they gotta run out of people to sell to

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
MLB 19 just quietly launched to being one of the most successful games of the year, and an even bigger hit than DMC5. Last year Sony did a PS4 Pro ad campaign for the first time (Yes, ~18 months after launch) featuring MLB 18 heavily which helped grow the MLB launch sales. But this one didn't have any push like that and still did the best in the franchise.

Truly amazing stuff

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
Time for the annual questioning of why The Show keeps selling from the people who don't play sports games.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also, why are NPD threads so slow early on and so short nowadays overall compared to before?
A combination of a lack of hard numbers and the PS4 securing this generation's console war. (And before anyone asks, I'd argue that the Switch is a new handheld generation, as trying to fit it into the home console generations would be extremely awkward)

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great for Ubisoft, their work Division 1 really paid off for the sequel. Great for From Software with Sekiro as well.

Also Smash at number 5.... Remember when people thought it wasn't a system seller?

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
My NPD predictions for March were
1. The Division 2
2. Sekiro
3. MLB The Show
4. Devil May Cry V
5. Yoshi's Crafted World

Looking like I might be dead on.

Damn it, I had #1-4 perfectly on point and only fucked up #5. I could not have anticipated Yoshi doing such a weak number.

Still I had 1-4 right on the money which was debatable given Sekiro's release date compared to DMC V and MLB being a strong seller

Even though Division 2 did well, isn't 6th best well below the original game? The original game sold tons so that's a tough act to follow though. Expecting those numbers again probably too much.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
MLB 19 just quietly launched to being one of the most successful games of the year, and an even bigger hit than DMC5. Last year Sony did a PS4 Pro ad campaign for the first time (Yes, ~18 months after launch) featuring MLB 18 heavily which helped grow the MLB launch sales. But this one didn't have any push like that and still did the best in the franchise.

Truly amazing stuff
Not only that it's not even available officially on Amazon.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
MLB 19: The Show debuts as the third best-selling game of March. Launch month sales of MLB 19: The Show are the highest in franchise history, and also set a new all-time high for a baseball genre game.

Kingdom Hearts III is now the best-selling game in franchise history with lifetime sales now exceeding those of the previous best in the franchise, Kingdom Hearts, which was released in the September 2002 tracking period.

Woah...

Despite baseball ratings going down. Very good.

Congrats Kingdom Hearts. Opposite situation in Japan. Japan's taste might be diverging even from the West.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people can't get enough of that elven boi pussy

giphy.gif

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Technical note: here's all the publishers that submitted digital numbers, and the platforms they submitted numbers for:

Q: why is Sony submitting Xbox digital sales, and why is Microsoft submitting PSN digital sales?

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep I keep saying that MLB is the PlayStation exclusive that people overlook every year. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised that Switch is considerably up YoY.
Guess smash hype has lasted quite a bit.

Very impressive that it's the best Q1 of any of the modern systems with a lot of people downplaying previous months.

It's nice to see, in any case. Still at full price without a lot of software backing it.
The rest of the year starting with Mario Maker 2 should be pretty crazy. Price drop and/or revision(s) will surely win over people waiting out too.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
KH3 being number one for the year is impressive as hell even though it'll drop in the coming months

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sekiro outsold dmc5? Well damn. Guess dmc5 really underperformed.

Switch is absolutely killing it. Nothing stops this train

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming that the big Ubisoft eshop sale helped get mario rabbids into the top 10. I think it can only help with transparency

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Not only that it's not even available officially on Amazon.

I would love to see the digital to physical ratio for the game's sales. I have a feeling a lot of them came from the Playstation Store.

But the success of the MLB games each year just shows how broad the PS4 consumer base is.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mario and rabbids in top ten for switch is pretty surprising. Wonder if it's the digital sales that boosted it to top ten.