• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox being top in revenue? Goddamn, didn't expect that.

Scarlet Nexus is surprising to see up so high, cool to see it was such a hit.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Sea of Thieves at #20 as well. June was a big month for it.

javycane

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
3 weeks ago there was "concern" that due to the UK boxed sales being split like 80-20 for Playstation that nobody was buying Scarlet Nexus on Xbox over the world and time and time again NPD refutes that notion.

They keep repeating this for every third party game.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Fantastic to see R&C top the charts, ps5 still maintaining that incredible lead and momentum over the competition, and the domination of sony accessories, 3 out of the top 4!

$70 price game haters in shambles, ooooof
Microsoft on the Sony sales chart and Sony on the Microsoft one. What an age we live in.
The same age we lived in as before but hopefully this is a sign of change for the future.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
R&C has always deserved this kind of success and being an early PS5 title it should have some legs to keep growing. So congrats Insom.

For the rest it's heartwarming seeing this industry still thriving for all participants in different ways.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
This means we will get more Ratchet and Clank in the near future, and I'm really happy about that.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
3 weeks ago there was "concern" that due to the UK boxed sales being split like 80-20 for Playstation that nobody was buying Scarlet Nexus on Xbox over the world and time and time again NPD refutes that notion.

Not that i disagree, but how do you deduct that based on these charts? The game being 6th at Xbox Charts isn't indicative of how well it sold on the system, the others games could have sold just as "bad".
Without numbers there isn't much you can extract from these.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Is it fair to say Series X/S is outpacing the Xbox One or is it still behind due to stock?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The UK gets this weird treatment as the canary in the coal mine predictor for western success, and it just never seems to reflect reality after a few weeks of new info. It's as if tastes vary from region to region and "the west" isn't a monolith.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Scarlet Nexus is such a great game and it deserves it. I was nervous to see where it would land. I figured it would be much lower but am pleasantly surprised.

Pick it up if you like action JRPGs! It's worth the buy!

javycane

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Going under the radar but The Show is 10th on xbox while being on game pass and not reporting digital sales.

Oct 27, 2017
Really glad for scarlet nexus. I really wanna play it considering how much people around me are loving it. Hopefully I can get a PS5 soon.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
It jumped up 71 places on Playstations chart.

You'd have that high a jump even with modest sales.

Stock is obviously a big factor, but I wonder what impact Microsoft's E3 showing had on those hardware sales.

Their pipeline on Game Pass until the end of next year looks great, especially with Starfield and Redfall. A good showing for Halo and Forza Horizon may have had an impact too.

Look for E3 impact on software sales. No way to determine Impact on Hardware since they're selling out everything they make.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
If I hated the demo of Scarlet Nexus, is there any point to trying the main game until it hits like a Game Pass or PS+?

darksider321

Dec 8, 2020
For Ratchet IP

4Q3PN6i.png

Thanks for the report on the sales on the Ratchet and Clank Series. I do want to ask, is Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time ranked at number 8 on that list?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of switch owners picked up Tony Hawk. But damn, Nintendo's lineup is impenetrable

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Does NPD count the bundled copies ?
there was a ratchet PS5 bundle IIRC
also considering ratchet 2016 40$ and rift apart being 70$ is more dollar sales that impressive?
considering it's almost double the price
we need to the actual sales positions

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Good fucking job Microsoft. Also glad we are maintaining the "everybody is winning" time period.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, great results for everyone. Definitely didn't expect to see Xbox on top of dollar sales. And i'm so happy for Scarlet Nexus, the game's really good.

Also: amazing results for Ratchet and good to see Sea of Thieves doing so well. The last content drop was so damn cool.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
If you had asked me before i clicked on this thread where Scarlet Nexus would be ranked , i would have guessed #3 or #4 on PS and not charted at all on Xbox. It's #6 on both, this is the most surprising data of the month imo.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
One tidbit that i noticed:

COD: MW is 2.nd in the Xbox charts, and charted at 12th. in the "All Platforms" Charts.

Spiderman MM is 4th. on the Playstation Charts, while charting 9th. on "All Platforms".

Could be an indication that Software is selling better on Playstation. Could be Gamepass, but it's probably due to Sony having more consoles out there.