• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
User Banned (5 Days): System Warring; History of Similar Infractions
Where is God of War? Odd considering the legs of other games still on the chart with all the accolades it received.

I know it was a success, but at this point, one month of Gamepass revenue or any one of Microsoft's/Nintendo's online/GaaS games probably out seeds it. Sony has to be thinking about that.

Last edited:

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Where is God of War? Odd considering the legs of other games still on the chart with all the accolades it received.

I know it was a success, but at this point, one month of Gamepass revenue or any one of Microsoft's/Nintendo's online/GaaS games probably out seeds it. Sony has to be thinking about that.
A single player game that came out last year what are you expecting asking where is God of war Your take is really bad

slavesnyder

Oct 26, 2017
SlaveSnyder Media Corp.

that's like telling someone who likes horse riding that a car is far superior because it has a trunk.
also: do we know how much revenue a single game gets from gamepass? i cannot tell if it's more than what gow is generating even now.

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
Last year's January was 5 weeks while this year's January was 4 weeks, so it would be a huge surprise if any single data point were not down (hence why Switch performance is considered so strong).

Further I would assume - maybe wrongly - that W1'18 (Dec 31, 2017 - Jan 6, 2018) is stronger than W1'19 (Jan 6 - 12) because of holiday money (or spillovers thereof).

Actually I'm quite surprised that most comps are down less than 20 - 25%. NSW really strong, PS4 with a good hold when looking at the weekly average, Software with strong numbers due to the new releases. Accessories also looking great.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
KHIII is doing very well, this will be great for the franchise. Maybe they'll invest in more KH content with this success.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
I expect RDR2 and GTAV to remain on the top 20 chart until the end of this generation. Any idea how well RDR2 is selling as compared to GTAV? From what I understand it's doing very well, but no where near as well as GTA. Would love to see any detailed analysis on Rockstar sales.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I think the reason Nintendo's games are so extremely back loaded this year is because that's when they'll be finished. They knew they had nothing ready for this part of the year, that's why they held onto NSMBUDX and Yoshi when we've heard they're been finished for a long time, they just didn't have any games ready. I'm sure they wouldn't loved to have had FE in that May slot but the game needs more time
this.
I think people are over complicating it.

Given recent delays to stuff like Yoshi, and FE, this is just when the games are ready.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Word. DQ is just cursed in the west. It came out before FF and it is still struggling to appeal to edgy westerners.

Don't worry, apparently someone at Nintendo is a massive fan of Dragon Quest cause they're ready to throw all their marketing muscle into DQXI S, even going as far as putting a character in Smash. They'll make it a success here like they did with Octopath Traveler

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Don't worry, apparently someone at Nintendo is a massive fan of Dragon Quest cause they're ready to throw all their marketing muscle into DQXI S, even going as far as putting a character in Smash. They'll make it a success here like they did with Octopath Traveler

Octopath is a different matter. Some people played FFVI and were in love with it. Even though Gooch said it didn't sell very well in the states but it was a cult masterpiece. DQ is so like ignored. You don't see them in the top 5 RPGs list of all time along with FFVI and CT.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
It's so cool to see KH doing amazing on Xbox. Would be even better with the collections already out (I assume It's a matter of time).

Bud23

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I expect RDR2 and GTAV to remain on the top 20 chart until the end of this generation. Any idea how well RDR2 is selling as compared to GTAV? From what I understand it's doing very well, but no where near as well as GTA. Would love to see any detailed analysis on Rockstar sales.

GTA V shipped over 32.5 million copies in its first 3,5 months

RDR2 has sold 23 million copies in its first 2 months

Last edited:

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
IDK if someone already made this comparation but, first month:

Kingdom Hearts - 345,000
Kingdom Hears II - 614,000
Kingdom Hears III > 1,000,000

Jun 10, 2018
That's a really unfortunate drop for XB1. Even with Microsoft doing great things on the services front, it looks like they can't do much to win back consumers this generation. PS4's hold, on the other hand, is excellent. With a thinner release schedule than last year, it probably won't maintain such soft drops, but that's expected for being so late in its life cycle. Switch is going to have a ridiculous year, especially in the second half. RIP to the jabronis still convinced as recently as a few months ago that 2018 would be its peak year.

At this point, it's hard to imagine a scenario where both PS4 and Switch don't both easily clear 100m. While Gen 7 had two systems to hit that number (Wii and DS), this will be the first time two home consoles have done it. Of course that won't stop the doom articles as PS4/XB1 approach their end-of-life.

Software seems about what everyone expected, with the two AAA multiplats on top and Nintendo's new game rounding out the top 3.
The insistence on looking at Switch exclusively as a home console whilst simultaneously ignoring the 30+ years of Nintendo history cultivating and experiencing by far the most successful portable brand in the industry really needs to stop.

slavesnyder

Oct 26, 2017
SlaveSnyder Media Corp.
IDK if someone already made this comparation but, first month:

Kingdom Hearts - 345,000
Kingdom Hears II - 614,000
Kingdom Hears III > 1,000,000
this clearly indicates that consumers give a shit about the story and only tune in for the action. kingdom hearts is the fast and the furious of video gaming, and honestly, who needs a carefully-crafted and complex story arc as long as you can play as bugs bunny.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Also sea of thieves higher on the Xbox chart (#6) than Spiderman on the Ps4 chart (#7) (granted Spider Man surely has many more overall sales). Given the game has also had a lot of staying power on twitch, I think SOT should be acknowledged more as a genuine success.

I think the takeaway should be Sea of Thieves was a top earner for Xbox in January, which is a good thing regardless of where Spider-Man placed.

slavesnyder

Oct 26, 2017
SlaveSnyder Media Corp.
Snyder can you translate this for me please
while i generally refrain from criticising users, i find it unnecessarily hard, and it might even be a sign of personal insecurity, when so to say simple thoughts , while the word simple should not be taken as an attempt to downplay the value of a thesis, are buried in complicated and twisted phrasical constructions so that in the end the reception of conclusive argumentations through careful exegese is slaughtered on the altar of god wisecrack and we don't even know if the sentence is finished properly because i cannot even remember how the damn post started, but i guess it's about the switch being the most successful home console for 30+ ignorants.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
while i generally refrain from criticising users, i find it unnecessarily hard, and it might even be a sign of personal insecurity, when so to say simple thoughts , while the word simple should not be taken as an attempt to downplay the value of a thesis, are buried in complicated and twisted phrasical constructions so that in the end the reception of conclusive argumentations through careful exegese is slaughtered on the altar of god wisecrack and we don't even know if the sentence is finished properly because i cannot even remember how the damn post started, but i guess it's about the switch being the most successful home console for 30+ ignorants.

Can we hire you as a full time console war translator? I can't pay you.

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ahhh, now I got it. Thanks.

Oct 26, 2017
this clearly indicates that consumers give a shit about the story and only tune in for the action. kingdom hearts is the fast and the furious of video gaming, and honestly, who needs a carefully-crafted and complex story arc as long as you can play as bugs bunny.

KH3's story is levels of magnitude better than 2 even with no context.

Sora is actually not a psychopath and has feelings in this game.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
2959.jpg