• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sea of Thieves really had a comeback on Xbox. Apex took a good amount of steam out of the Twitch streaming but it's userbase is certainly growing.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is Pokemon usually still charting come January? How is let's go doing?

Really happy to see BOTW still charting. One of the best games I've ever played.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still expected KH3 to sell more as I figured it had more potential for casual sales.

I thought I saw KH3 selling more than RE2 on the Xbox Store so maybe retail is where RE2 sold more.

Like for all I know the difference could have been ~2K so I'm just a little surprised is all :p.
Thanks for the response

Deleted member 52823

Banned
Jan 29, 2019
Curious to see if Switch sales can sustain growth given the lack of new releases in February and March.

NSMBU was a launch title for Wii U, and the re-release is 30% higher for Switch. Obviously you can see how little hype Wii U had, and how popular Switch is on the market.

I mean there are more consoles on the market for Switch, but still, it's notable that a brand new Mario on a brand new system which launched in November sold worse than a re-release in January.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Congrats to KH! Very fun game despite a few issues. Wasnt worth waiting from highschool for, but nothing would have been

Why? Still sticking with the lame idea that rpg's and Japanese games don't sell on Xbox? Or is the idea that Kingdom is a Sony frwnchise? Neither is true.

Speaking relatively, both are pretty true though, if you look globally. This is an NPD number in the first place.

But then you'd expect such a thing considering PS4's installbase and Sony's more global branding associated with these types of games

Oct 30, 2017
Why? Still sticking with the lame idea that rpg's and Japanese games don't sell on Xbox? Or is the idea that Kingdom is a Sony frwnchise? Neither is true.

I would say the fact that it's the like 13th game in a series that has had 0 previous games on the platform.

And you can't blame anyone if they have either of those beliefs about RPG's on xbox.

Deleted member 52823

Banned
Jan 29, 2019
They do have Yoshi coming in March. The biggest test will be after that because there will no first party games at retail until Mario Maker.

Yeah and Yoshi isn't exactly the one of Nintendo's big selling franchises.

MK11 does release in April as a notable third party title.

Second half of the year seems to be pretty set for Nintendo, with MM2, Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, and supposedly Animal Crossing and Pokemon, along with maybe some other titles.

First half is starting off well given the momentum of Smash and the release of NSMBUD, but yeah, there really isn't anything big until June.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I hope AC7 is selling well enough to be a success for Namco. Who knows with how long it has been in development.

And NSMBU selling so well at $60 is kinda disgusting I gotta say. :P Nintendo literally printing money with this shit.

There were people saying this would be Ni No Kuni 2 situation for KH III.

Also that there was "no buzz" around the game lol
Classic case of the Era bubble at play. So many people here predicted that RE2 would easily outsell KH3.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
They do have Yoshi coming in March. The biggest test will be after that because there will no first party games at retail until Mario Maker.
Except for the surprise secret release of Metroid Prime Trilogy ;-)

Also, people keep talking about Nintendo game legs. Look at GTA V. What the heck? Did he OG legs gangster Brain Training even continue charting this long? BUY BRITISH!

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
All this and somehow GTA V is still managing to be in the top 10. That game just keeps on printing money...

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just more proof that NSMU is better than Tropical Freeze

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown set a new franchise record as launch month dollar sales totaled more than 80 percent higher than October 2007's Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

Yes!

Also damn. Past 2 January's belong to Japan lol.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They care about how much money they are doing, so launching these games on Xbox One likely is a profit deal because they are developing for PS4 anyway, so adapt for another console with the same architeture should be easy.

But the types of split we see for japanese games aren't just due to install base. Clearly Xbox audience is less receptive of certain type of games.
Of course it they are. Very Japanese games that launched on both PS3 and 360 when they were very close in installed base consistently sold better on PS3. Hell, FFXIII launched when 360 was clearly ahead and sold way more on PS3.

In a more recent comparison the new trailer for Bloodstained got uploaded at the same time in all big three's YouTube channels and yesterday on Xbox it had 12k views while in PlayStation's it was at 75k (and Nintendo at 155k but I think that has a lot to do that it was first shown on the Nintendo Direct).

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Top 10 Xbox One titles (January 2019)
  1. Resident Evil 2 2019
  2. Kingdom Hearts III
  3. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
  4. Red Dead Redemption II
  5. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  6. Sea Of Thieves
  7. NBA 2K19
  8. Battlefield V
  9. Madden NFL 19
  10. Grand Theft Auto V

Top 10 PS4 titles (January 2019)
  1. Kingdom Hearts III
  2. Resident Evil 2 2019
  3. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
  4. Red Dead Redemption II
  5. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  6. NBA 2K19
  7. Marvel's Spider-Man
  8. Grand Theft Auto V
  9. Madden NFL 19
  10. Battlefield V

...and people here are petulant enough to say how game genre X is or isn't suited to Xbox while month after month both consoles have the same Top 10.
Sure the top 10 per console looks similar but I'd be surprised if the split was smaller than 80-20 in favor of PS4 for KH3.